Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fence hireling

safarij
safarij
Soul Shriven
Am kicking myself for not getting the stolen goods hireling awhile back. Now I’m getting close to 5k crowns with no more coming in until I renew eso+. Does anyone know if that hireling will go on sale again?

Best Answer

• safarij
    safarij
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks
    Answer ✓
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirharri the Smuggler, a fence player assistant, is an ingame reward for completing the Thieves Guild DLC.

Mind, that Pirharri will only buy stolen goods, she won't launder the items. Her cut is 35%, as far as I remember.
    Edited by Watchdog on August 30, 2019 4:44AM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Fence assistant was never for sale. You probably saw something else.

Banker assistants: Tythis Andromo and Ezabi. Both are from the Crown Store only.
    Merchant assistants: Nuzimeh and Fezez. Both are from the Crown Store only.
    Fence assistants: Pirharri. Comes from completing the Thieved Guild DLC questline.

That said, the Fence assistant is quite useless. If you're trying to make money from selling stolen goods, she's terrible because she takes 35% of your profit. You're better off with the regular Fences because they pay you full price (plus 10% more if you have the Haggling passive from the Thieves Guild skill line). Also she doesn't Launder at all. So even if you wanted to use her to level Legerdemain (by looting a bunch of low-value crap and selling them just for points), you'd still have to visit an Outlaw's Refuge so you can Launder and get all Legerdemain points that day.

I recommend getting the Banker instead, that's an actually useful assistant.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about this. The 35% fee makes the smuggler pretty useless.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fence assistant is not completely useless. When leveling Legerdemain, the value of the item matters not, only the count. So when looting ships and docks of 1 Gold valued items, the quickest way to level, the 35% fee is not applied.
    Edited by Nestor on September 4, 2019 5:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pirharri is only useful as housing decoration.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She is quite good at that, though. :)
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fence is not useless if you have to clear inventory and don't have the time to go to a refuge. I rarely us it, but it is better than destroying stolen items.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭

I love putting her in a cage or something, maybe put a fire underneath.....just for taking that 35%!
    This one likes to play.....
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the fence chick, but I never use her. 35 percent cut and no laundering? What good is she?

She is by far the most useless of the three assistants. I do use the other two.
  • theplague4u
    I'll call her to just keep me company on an assignment. 35% is robbery, no pun intended lol.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Fence assistant is not completely useless. When leveling Legerdemain, the value of the item matters not, only the count. So when looting ships and docks of 1 Gold valued items, the quickest way to level, the 35% fee is not applied.
    Did not know that and its useful as I'm leveling it on some characters.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fence isn't useless (if you forget to clear out before getting into a dungeon or delve) but I have never used her.