Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maim mechanics

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
What kinds of damage do Minor and Major Maim NOT reduce?

Obviously, they wouldn't be relevant to damage that has nothing to do with enemies, e.g. from falls or environmental lava or whatever. But are there any kinds of enemy-caused damage that bypass Maim debuffs?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously, they wouldn't be relevant to damage that has nothing to do with enemies, e.g. from falls or environmental lava or whatever. But are there any kinds of enemy-caused damage that bypass Maim debuffs?

Oblivion damage is one that comes to my mind.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nm
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 3, 2019 11:18AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Oblivion damage is one that comes to my mind.

Thanks!

Shifting focus -- what about environmental-like damage in endgame boss fights? E.g.:
    • The lightning walls in the final WGT (Molag Kena) fight?
    • The electrified water and/or the standard Nereid-style AoE circles in the final Arx Corinium fight?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maim doesn't reduce damage received, it only reduces the damage dealt. You have to apply maim to the source of the damage to reduce it, and that can only be done to an actor. It may only reduce weapon damage, not spell damage, but I'm not certain of that part.