Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to continue Main Quest - Problem

Excellion
Excellion
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,
I decided to make this post because no one has been able to help so far in game, and i don't seem to find a solution to my particular problem: I'm past Lv50, and i started to do the mainquest with the Prophet, everytime i finished one quest i went back to the entrance of Daggerfall and the Prophet would pop as a spirit to give me the next one automatically, i kept repeating this for a couple ones, except at some point he stopped popping and i can't seem to figure how to continue the mainquest.
The last quest i completed was: Castle of the Worm, right after rescuing Tharn, as extra detail i brought Cadwell with me as well to the harborage.

So now i'm looking to start the next one: The Tharn Speaks but like i said, the prophet would not pop again at the entrance of any city i've tried to go on the daggerfall convenant area (my alliance). And inside the harborage neither of them has a quest for me.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have your Mages Guild leveled up to at least level 5 to complete the quests. (By finding lorebooks)
  • Excellion
    Excellion
    Soul Shriven
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    You have to have your Mages Guild leveled up to at least level 5 to complete the quests. (By finding lorebooks)

For real? i'll have to chase lorebooks for hours and hours just to be able to continue mainquest? Are you absolutely certain of this?
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    You can also do their daily quest (public dungeon) which helps you level up :)
  • Excellion
    Excellion
    Soul Shriven
    Update: I leveld mages guild to 5, The Prophet will still now show up to give me the next quest. Anyone with a proper idea of how to continue this Main quest?
  • LordReth
    LordReth
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like they recently patched the issue.
    From the April 8th patch notes for update 4.3.10:

Main Quest
    The Tharn Speaks: Fixed an issue where the Tharn would not speak with you if you had completed the Elsweyr Prologue Quest.

So Tharn *should* now appear as you approach Daggerfall and direct you to go the Daggerfall Mages Guild Hall.

---
    On a side note, I saw a post where the poster had to drop "The Demon Weapon" quest in order to get "The Tharn Speaks" to start. The patch should have fixed that.

Hope that helps!
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Excellion wrote: »

For real? i'll have to chase lorebooks for hours and hours just to be able to continue mainquest? Are you absolutely certain of this?

No, you do not even have to have joined the Mages Guild to do Harborage quests. There has been a bug related to the Elsweyr prologue quests that might be causing trouble for your Tharn Speaks quest. You may want to finish or drop them if you have them already.
  • Excellion
    Excellion
    Soul Shriven
    LordReth wrote: »

Main Quest
    The Tharn Speaks: Fixed an issue where the Tharn would not speak with you if you had completed the Elsweyr Prologue Quest.

So Tharn *should* now appear as you approach Daggerfall and direct you to go the Daggerfall Mages Guild Hall.

---
    On a side note, I saw a post where the poster had to drop "The Demon Weapon" quest in order to get "The Tharn Speaks" to start. The patch should have fixed that.

Hope that helps!

YESSS This worked, as soon as i dropped The Demon Weapon, i finally got to trigger the MainQuest approaching a city.
    THANKS!

I can say this thread is solved.
  • Zouga
    Zouga
    Soul Shriven
    It may have now been fixed, but if it has not I found that by completing all 8 Elswyer sub quests concerning Abnur Tharn resolved the issue with triggering the Main Quest.

I believe the last Elswyer quest is "The Final Order" and registers complete in NW Grahtwood (sp). Abnur states that when he has need of your services again then he will send for you.

I immediately went to the waygate in Daggerfall and was met by the scamp when I step off the platform and was told to meet Abnur at the Mages Guild.
  • chrshale
    chrshale
    ✭✭

Not true.
  • chrshale
    chrshale
    ✭✭
    Excellion wrote: »
    LordReth wrote: »

Main Quest

---

Hope that helps!

YESSS This worked, as soon as i dropped The Demon Weapon, i finally got to trigger the MainQuest approaching a city.
    THANKS!

I can say this thread is solved.

• chrshale
    chrshale
    ✭✭
    This works.
  • Gamekid13
    Gamekid13
    Soul Shriven
    April 2020, deleting the prologue quest fixed my issue. Thanks, all.
  • spinality
    spinality
    ✭✭
    Gamekid13 wrote: »
    April 2020, deleting the prologue quest fixed my issue. Thanks, all.

October 2020, it's still necessary to abandon or complete the Prologue quest to progress the main quest.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it allowed you to do both at once you'd get a horribly inconsistent and nonsensical set of conflicting Tharns and stories. It's confusing though.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering why my main quest did not continue. Based on this post being bumped today, I completed the Demon Weapon quest, and I now have Main Quest started again. Thanks.
  • TehLingo
    TehLingo
    Soul Shriven
    As of 6/21, it’s still bugged due to the prologue. Abandon it and then it works.
  • Old_Rac3r
    Old_Rac3r
    Soul Shriven
    As of Aug 2021, it's still bugged, must dump Demon Weapon quest in order to get next step in Main Story
  • Xorikh
    Xorikh
    Soul Shriven
    Old_Rac3r wrote: »
    As of Aug 2021, it's still bugged, must dump Demon Weapon quest in order to get next step in Main Story

As of 19 May 2022 still bugged, had to drop Demon weapon quest to advance in Main story.