Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Windows extremely slow when ESO is active in the background

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Hello!

Is this normal that it even slows down programs such as Microsoft Word while I am queued and do useful stuff in the meanwhile?

There is a delay of up to 3 seconds when ESO is running in the background running the LFG tool.

How can I optimize this?

Thank you!
  • ZOS_BillE
    ZOS_BillE
    admin
    @fetito666

What are the specifications of your PC?

How powerful your CPU is and how much RAM your PC has can make a difference in the performance of other programs running alongside ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    16 GB RAM
    Nvidia Gforce 660

The game works well in the background if I change the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 (window mode and fullscreen), but if I choose a smaller one such as 1280 x 720, the client in the background slows down the system.
  • ZOS_BillE
    ZOS_BillE
    admin
    @fetito666

Try putting your PC into a selective startup then play ESO. If your performance improves while doing so, there is another program running in the background affecting Windows performance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post