Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Finally mastered the Chef/provisions!

WorkingChef
WorkingChef
Soul Shriven
I still want to learn all the recipes. I'm sure there's some I'm missing lol.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free recipes for Orc chefs if you’re on PC NA ... ;)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holden is that you?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me several years to finally track down all the recipes on my main. Of course, that was before I knew how to work the system for blue/purples on my alts via provisioning daily writs and before the search function in the guild trader (XB player here). The tedium of endlessly scrolling through trader listings looking for a brief flash of text saying "unknown recipe" is something I am glad I don't have to repeat.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ms_sophysticated
    Feric51 wrote: »
    It took me several years to finally track down all the recipes on my main. Of course, that was before I knew how to work the system for blue/purples on my alts via provisioning daily writs and before the search function in the guild trader (XB player here). The tedium of endlessly scrolling through trader listings looking for a brief flash of text saying "unknown recipe" is something I am glad I don't have to repeat.

How did u manage that?
    Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
    CHARACTER INFO:
    mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How did u manage that?

Which part?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tedium of endlessly scrolling through trader listings looking for a brief flash of text saying "unknown recipe" is something I am glad I don't have to repeat.

Yeah, I really wish ZOS would add the magnifying glass icon to recipes, blueprints, style motifs, etc., just like on gear with an unknown trait, so that while checking your inventory-- or browsing through wares at a guild trader-- you can tell at a glance which recipes, etc. you already know or need to learn.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ms_sophysticated
    Of course, that was before I knew how to work the system for blue/purples on my alts via provisioning daily writs and before the search function in the guild trader (XB player here).

This ^
    [/quote]
    Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 30, 2019 9:05PM
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ms_sophysticated

Oh, I just mean setting all my alts at different levels of the provisioning passive so that I can “farm” recipes at certain levels. The mid-tier (2-5 points in the passive) daily writs have a really good return rate on blue/purple recipes. I’m not positive, but they might be alliance-specific, but either way I was able to fill out a lot of my missing mid-tier blue plans, which were the hardest to find for me, by doing the daily writs on 8-12 characters with 2-3 of them each doing a specific level of writ.

Side benefit to this is these recipes sell for a decent amount of gold which helps offset the cost of buying unknown recipes as I find them.

Another method of farming this way is to take those characters through the Dreloth Family Tomb urn runs. Seemed like every run on each character virtually guaranteed a green recipe with blue recipes showing up on 25-33% of the runs. Again, the recipes there drop based on your passive level rather than character level, so you can choose which level recipes to focus on.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• ms_sophysticated
    @ms_sophysticated

Oh, I just mean setting all my alts at different levels of the provisioning passive so that I can “farm” recipes at certain levels. The mid-tier (2-5 points in the passive) daily writs have a really good return rate on blue/purple recipes. I’m not positive, but they might be alliance-specific, but either way I was able to fill out a lot of my missing mid-tier blue plans, which were the hardest to find for me, by doing the daily writs on 8-12 characters with 2-3 of them each doing a specific level of writ.

Side benefit to this is these recipes sell for a decent amount of gold which helps offset the cost of buying unknown recipes as I find them.

Another method of farming this way is to take those characters through the Dreloth Family Tomb urn runs. Seemed like every run on each character virtually guaranteed a green recipe with blue recipes showing up on 25-33% of the runs. Again, the recipes there drop based on your passive level rather than character level, so you can choose which level recipes to focus on.

I didn’t know you could farm recipes like that.
    Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 31, 2019 1:11PM
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which green/blue recipes sell for a lot of gold? I am about ready to just vendor most of mine since they popup so much and all 9 alts have learned them all.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which green/blue recipes sell for a lot of gold? I am about ready to just vendor most of mine since they popup so much and all 9 alts have learned them all.

Good Lord. You posted this question 3 weeks ago. It got multiple answers.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6261220/#Comment_6261220 Feric had the best price breakdown on console (granted Xbox). For the most part it lines up with my experience on PC/NA, but all my prices are lower by a factor of 2-4.