Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your reward for having high MMR ...

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    I really hope theyll implement an actual MMR system where we can see our rating + MMR leaderboards and also be able to lose some...
    Then I might be inclined to play BGs again, this ultdump, double healer, ice-blockade fiesta gets boring if you play more frequently than 1 BG a week.
    But I guess thats too much to ask from ZOS if they cant even keep the PC-EU servers running.

The issues you have described (accurately) is precisely why an actual MMR ranked queue would be a complete joke.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I queue solo.

I also like to staple my nut sack to my thighs.

Don’t judge.

And even with that excruciating pain from stapling your nutsack to your thighs, you still probably have a better experience doing that than queuing solo on a high MMR character.

I do it, I still have fun. It’s a ton better queuing as a healer.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to know the trick to beating an organized premade?......*leans in close and whispers* play as an organized premade....
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The gig then is to round up some other solos and make ur own.
    Also tho some premades aren't, just good players who know how to win at BG rolling together, tight group, playing objectives etc

Ok this argument is not the issue though.

Lots of players know how to and can beat premades, but playing pug is not the same style of play. Some players prefer playing on their own and they want to compete on a playing field of the same type of players. Separating pugs from premades is not about winning or losing fundamentally. Fundamentally it's about having more spontaneous and dynamic fights and don't end with your skill bar and character being locked down while you get spammed with ults. Because that's not really PvP, that's maybe what a few players consider PvP, but there is no dynamic fighting happening there.
    Edited by Cathexis on July 11, 2019 11:44PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t play BG’s anymore due to MMR. Not worth my time sitting in a 10+ minute que only to face the sweatiest 4 man out there while I’m in a team of 3 and the two other teammates of mine are the most garbage pvpers I’ve ever encountered.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i lol’ed at “sweatiest 4 man out there”.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i lol’ed at “sweatiest 4 man out there”.

^^
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    I don’t play BG’s anymore due to MMR. Not worth my time sitting in a 10+ minute que only to face the sweatiest 4 man out there while I’m in a team of 3

This, except I do still play and que solo because I don't like feeling like a bully but I love to fight. Even a "partial premade" of 2-4 players is totally game breaking if those 2-4 players are actually good at playing with each other and build thier class and gear choices to be effective together.

This isnt Warsong Gulch with 10 v 10 or Arathi Basin with 15 v 15. Heck, it isn't even a Battle of Khylo or Summoner's Rift where 2 players makes up less than half the team.

Pug v premade in any form is totally broken. This is the #1 BG problem. We've been trying to tell the Devs for months. Its disgusting that it feels like every post we make here dissapears into someone's digital trashcan. So many posts, by so many different people, for so long! Listen closely as you hit the "POST REPLY" button and you can hear the soft laughter of the Dev team at our dilligent and logical efforts to help make this game better.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . So many posts, by so many different people, for so long! Listen closely as you hit the "POST REPLY" button and you can hear the soft laughter of the Dev team at our dilligent and logical efforts to help make this game better.

they need your money not your advices
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Good trick is to pull some people out of a social guild to group with, who do not PvP. Seems to put you in an MMR bracket of not-all premades/bajillion year wait times. And the lower bracket let's you have a major impact to push a win for the day.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good trick is to pull some people out of a social guild to group with, who do not PvP. Seems to put you in an MMR bracket of not-all premades/bajillion year wait times. And the lower bracket let's you have a major impact to push a win for the day.

MMR is based on an average of the group, which then gets multiplied by the “premade” factor.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Organised Premade after organised premade after organised premade after organised premade. Im still waiting to complete the win three matches BG quest this week. Thanks ZoS, you make BGs really enjoyable for me.

MMR: "Your so good you must be able to beat these organized teams we have in a game we've balanced so that discord gives you a massive advantage because logic."
    Praise Malacath.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be a separate queue for pre-mades. Pugs would be waiting maybe 2-3 more minutes to get grouped. Pre-mades would probably wait an hour, but so what? You wanna play easy mode? Here's your queue 🤷‍♂️
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    I don’t play BG’s anymore due to MMR. Not worth my time sitting in a 10+ minute que only to face the sweatiest 4 man out there while I’m in a team of 3 and the two other teammates of mine are the most garbage pvpers I’ve ever encountered.

I have yet to play an online BG/MOBA game that will allow the game to start with an imbalanced population. A team of 3 vs a team of 4 for example. The game will normally either abandon or not start until all teams are completed. And if a teammate of yours ragequits or disconnects it will usually allow you to leave the game as well, a reasonable amount of time after, without a penalty.

ESO will start BGs with teams of 3 randoms vs 4-man premades. And even after a teammate of your leaves and you're left in 2 vs 4, it will still punish you with a 20 min penalty if you leave. That's when the match-making even works because any time there's a high volume of players it just craps out and you can't even queue. And don' forget that MMR is char based so you can always roll new chars to pugstomp newbies.

By far the worst match-making mechanism I've ever experienced in a game and I've been gaming since 2001. The devs who wrote this should hang their heads in shame. Even just randomly filling up teams in first-come-first-serve fashion would work better than this mess. It would at least allow for games balanced in numbers and very quick queues.

Edited by Maulkin on September 2, 2019 3:13PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I queue solo.

I also like to staple my nut sack to my thighs.

Don’t judge.

Super glue is a more satisfying option, and you can use overflow to style the "carpet"

You're welcome B)