Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP leveling

jazsper77
jazsper77
✭✭✭✭✭
Good morning! Question as to leveling/ ranking up in Cyrodiil.

Feels like I’ve been stuck on 20 forever. With that being said I’m not a hardcore PvPer by any means.
I usually hit Cyrodiil for
1. Transmute Crystals
2. . The Golden
3. AP
4. Events
5. Purge,Vigor,caltrops
6. If I just wanna Zerg a bit.

But my goal is the Legate Black Dye.

I have no problem putting the time in to get it , just looking for tips on best way to go about it.

Ty
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into a delve kill a boss in Cyro. This gets you an AP bonus. Take resouces and keeps. Also find a campaign where your faction has the lowest population so you get the low pop AP bonus.

Do this for weeks upon weeks so you can get to the desired level.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty, will the killing the Boss show in my active effects so I know when it runs out.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best way to level ranks (solo) imo is to capture districts and kill players in IC while queued for Battlegrounds. Lots of AP if you play maybe 4 hours per day.
    Edited by Vermethys on September 2, 2019 2:32PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Ty, will the killing the Boss show in my active effects so I know when it runs out.

Yes, there will be a buff called "Blessing of War" on your character sheet.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty
  • probabkyravi
    probabkyravi
    ✭✭✭
    Repairing walls with a healing build is good when there is low pop buff.

5 Mending, 4 Jorvunds, 1 Troll King, 1 Earthgore all Divines with Ritual mundus is a great wall repair build. Just makes it cheaper and faster.

Chasing ticks etc. like you were going for emperor too.

Ritual is actually a very good mundus for PvP.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, don't expect to have it within a few days.... you need to earn over 30 million AP for Legate rank.

I think BGs give about 7k AP (that might be wrong) which would take well over 4000 BGs to earn that much.

Wall repairs give about 65 AP per repair kit..... stock up on 461,539 wall repair kits and you're there!

Good luck!
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to burst your bubble, but if you're Alliance Rank is 20, that means you've made a lifetime amount of 4 Million AP on that character. It requires 30.4 million AP to get to legate.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    I hate to burst your bubble, but if you're Alliance Rank is 20, that means you've made a lifetime amount of 4 Million AP on that character. It requires 30.4 million AP to get to legate.

Do you know an accurate page for AP per rank? I've had a little trouble finding one that seems current.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there! Do all of the things mentioned, show up to every possible fight you can too. Defend keeps. Help take keeps etc. During downtime, repair your keeps. I used to think I would never ever reach Legate and I am now past it and decided my next PvP goal is to hit AR 50. Its going to take a long time lol. But, this wasn't something I ever expected to do back in the early days, so I'm excited about it.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Join a good and active pvp guild. They make the entire experience much more pleasurable, and will help you out with builds etc.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone !
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

Thatlink says that you level up in ranks in Alliance War (for titles and skill points) at the same time you level up in the associated skill lines. This doesn't seem to match my recent experience, which is why I was accusing that page of no longer being current.