The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opinions wanted

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
Ive built an MA Stamplar but feel like my combination is lacking offensive potency. As a predominately stamblade player these last 7 months (relative newb here), I just feel like there is some kind of synergy with templar abilities and sets I am missing, when it comes to dishijg out damage.

Im running an Orc 2h/bow build btw, and recognize some of the old faithfuls out there like spriggans + bpt are always an option. But Im really hoping to find a combination that leverages the uniqueness of Templars to good effect (i.e. Im currently using templar rune to trigger 7th legion's effect).

Recommendations?
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steadfast hero synergises really well with Templar and it can be back barred as you only need the buff on the same bar as cleanse.

Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (3 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) When you cleanse a negative effect from yourself or an ally, gain Major Protection for 5 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30%. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it’s similar to my StamSorc in a way. I run 2h/bow. I have 3 heavy armour and bow in 7th Legion, and obviously that’s the bar I have Hurricane on. I have Asylum 2h Sword front bar, with Bone Pirate’s jewellery, hands and waist, along with 1 pc Pirate Skeleton heavy and 1 pc Molag Kena heavy. I have a nice balance there of sustain, survivability and damage. The bow is infused and has a weapon damage enchantment with Poison Injection to keep it active. That means with Hurricane proccing Seventh Legion, Critical Surge (momentum for you) and the enchant, I’m gaining a lot of damage. Doesn’t hurt to slot Onslaught on the front bar to make it count for more too, although I’d be missing the Major Protection from the spear ult.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    @Cernunnos55 , wont lie Ive been running crescent strike as it is damn near a spammable due to low ult cost, and the damage on the tool tip reads higher (albeit without the penetration advantage of OS, so probably a wash really). Is OS a clear winner over Crescent, or is it more a flavor decision?

Thabks all for the advice. More the merrier here, will dig into these ideas and see which resonate for me as well, thanks!
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "MA"
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Medium Armor.

Right now, Ive built him with automaton + 7th legion, and it seems to make the most of things. I am torn over OS (gets use of automaton's 5th piece buff) vs Crescent Sweep (instant unlike OS, but doesnt get the buff), but overall liking the build quite a bit.

Rune triggers 7th, almost all of the damage is physical (including the templar abilities, minus crescent). Once I get the :in combat" muscle memory, I think it will be a pretty tough pvp build.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like truth, pretty much all my stamina characters i enjoy run truth.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Truth seems like a good set that you can trigger much of the time, but I prefer the "always on" aspect of automaton for this build since the buff applies to all attacks (save poison inject and crwscent if I choose to keep that over onslaught), and the rune triggered 7th since the activation of that buff is part of my rotation. Truth relies on an opponent in melee range basically, and I prefer to have any and all weapon damage buffs front loaded.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

Truth seems like a good set that you can trigger much of the time, but I prefer the "always on" aspect of automaton for this build since the buff applies to all attacks (save poison inject and crwscent if I choose to keep that over onslaught), and the rune triggered 7th since the activation of that buff is part of my rotation. Truth relies on an opponent in melee range basically, and I prefer to have any and all weapon damage buffs front loaded.

With cp u can easily have 90% uptime and a stamplar can proc it on command with toppling. It helps healing, and impacts all your skills.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭

With cp u can easily have 90% uptime and a stamplar can proc it on command with toppling. It helps healing, and impacts all your skills.

Sounds good, but I like being able to do BGs as well. I will take a look at as well tho for certain. I need to look up toppling yhat you mentioned.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good, but I like being able to do BGs as well. I will take a look at as well tho for certain. I need to look up toppling yhat you mentioned.

Toppling charge; Templar skill, always sets target off balance and is a gap closer

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yea. I looked at that one, but seemed like 2H's was the stronger overall option. Am I off base there ya think?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yea. I looked at that one, but seemed like 2H's was the stronger overall option. Am I off base there ya think?

Well the 2h does more damage. But toppling will proc 10% dmg bonus through the exploiter passive and is also your alt resource, which can be a blessing for resource management. Crit rush can proc enchants which is nice.

If you find yourself needing to gap close a lot, don't use toppling charge, especially in no cp combat.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ETB, that is good to know. One of the appeals to me in ESO is definitely the pros and cons of naking choices.

So far Im over 2k stam regen, fully buffed, so I think I will stick with crit rush (physical damage vs magic damage also makes use of automaton), but will level up toppling to get a feel for the skill. Worth a look given how easy skill points are to get.
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    @Cernunnos55 , wont lie Ive been running crescent strike as it is damn near a spammable due to low ult cost, and the damage on the tool tip reads higher (albeit without the penetration advantage of OS, so probably a wash really). Is OS a clear winner over Crescent, or is it more a flavor decision?

Thabks all for the advice. More the merrier here, will dig into these ideas and see which resonate for me as well, thanks!

The amount of penetration that Onslaught has the potential to give with the new patch makes it one of the best offensive ultimates out there. You are right in that Crescent is cheap and can be fired off a lot, and if that is working for you then by all means stick with that. Onslaught is a high-damage small-area attack that ignored resistances and gains penetration, allowing for the butchering of multiple enemy players if you're fast and smart enough, however it can be situational, and the pressure to make the most of it can get folk killed I've noticed.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP