The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make the unwanted potions and food crown gem extractable

JiDul
JiDul
✭✭✭
The topic was kind of hard to word but basically the potions and food you get from daily rewards are nice for newer players sure but most people just toss them out. You cant sell them or anything and they are pretty useless compared to potions you can make on your own. You could make them crown gem extractable so we get something out of it. I mean what's it gonna hurt? Youd get 1 at most 3 crown gem from 1 daily reward.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed boring to have to manually destroy all those useless crown drinks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... I need a source of Gems.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gems are intended to come from crown crates only. It's a means to allow you to purchase crate items when you buy crates (or occasionally receive them for free). I totally get that the daily rewards are generally trash. I just can't see them making them into crown gems. A more realistic idea may be to allow you to turn them into another currency. Let's call it daily coins. Then have an NPC shop in game that sells things for daily coins. You can have access to older daily reward exclusives as well as consumables if players do want them for some reason. Keeping this currency separate from the gem currency allows more flexibility in what rewards are offered daily without breaking the crate/gem system.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once upon a time we got several Crown Crates per month from the daily rewards. They put an end to that.
    Just as they put an end to the free Crown Crates you got if you logged in during the start of the new Crate season.
    And how they put an end to the free Crown Crates subscribers got during ESO+ Trials as a show of apprectiation.

People were getting too many Crown Gems for free so they put an end to it. They're not going to add more ways to acquire gems, because it hurts their profits. So daily rewards will definitely not become extractable.

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Once upon a time we got several Crown Crates per month from the daily rewards. They put an end to that.
    Just as they put an end to the free Crown Crates you got if you logged in during the start of the new Crate season.
    And how they put an end to the free Crown Crates subscribers got during ESO+ Trials as a show of apprectiation.

People were getting too many Crown Gems for free so they put an end to it. They're not going to add more ways to acquire gems, because it hurts their profits. So daily rewards will definitely not become extractable.

Yeah, and just as they put an end to Twitch drops apparently. No chedule since May and only one stream with drops a month that they often announce in only 1-2 days advance.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »

Yeah, and just as they put an end to Twitch drops apparently. No chedule since May and only one stream with drops a month that they often announce in only 1-2 days advance.
    @Michae I think they publish that only on the Forum now instead of the main news page - so they made it harder to see as you have to dig around to find it. But I think it's under News & Website Article Discussions.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484118/twitch-drops-schedule-updated-august-8#latest
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bluebird
    Thanks!
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiDul wrote: »
    The topic was kind of hard to word but basically the potions and food you get from daily rewards are nice for newer players sure but most people just toss them out. You cant sell them or anything and they are pretty useless compared to potions you can make on your own. You could make them crown gem extractable so we get something out of it. I mean what's it gonna hurt? Youd get 1 at most 3 crown gem from 1 daily reward.

Let us sell them for 1 gold. Just as all those void and shadowhide armor from urns and other drops. They are 0 gold and usually they are useless to deconstruct.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    We were discussing this at the weekend in group chat, I could also only be an option for ESO+ members, that way its another reason to sub.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were discussing this at the weekend in group chat, I could also only be an option for ESO+ members, that way its another reason to sub.

That would be a nice reward for paying customers
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gems from daily rewards items? Never going to happen.
    I'd like that the pots could be at least stacked without limits so we would need just one slot per type of pot.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP