Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

leveling

michaelfomenkocub18_ESO
so... if a player were to say, skip half of one of the early zones to pursue faster leveling and then found themselves at lv 48 with no more public dungeons to do, no quests aside from a single bugged quest, and no real skill at pvp how would said person manage to hit 50? preferable without hours of running in circles killing zombies :p
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the answer is indeed to run in circles for hours killing zombies. Unless you can find more quests through exploration, you may be pretty well hosed.

Not to be a jerk, but this is why you shouldn't skip zones. The leveling process in this game is somewhat set. The zones are laid out the way they are because you are expected to complete every quest in each zone in order to stay on track level-wise. If you skip too many quests, you risk throwing off the numbers, which forces you to grind mobs, run dungeons, or do pvp to make up the difference.

Unfortunately, you have painted yourself into a rather nasty corner. You skipped a lot of content to try and hit the cap faster, only to find yourself unable to hit the cap because you skipped too much content. It's a vicious circle that I have seen way too many times, in way too many games. Not much you can really do about it now, you're pretty much stuck with grinding to catch up.

It sucks, to be sure. Yea, you did it to yourself, but it still sucks. Good luck to you. Hopefully, it won't be too terribly painful.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you also left portions of the map unexplored, achievements undone, etc? And even if you suck at PvP there are a lot of discoveries to make in Cyrodill. Try sneaking while exploring there. It takes time, but you can find a lot.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 15, 2014 7:12AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • michaelfomenkocub18_ESO
    *sigh * i feared that, ive grown too accustomed to the WoW leveling method which you move on as soon as quests in the next zone are difficult but not impossible, using the mages and fighters guild quests as a basis i moved from stonefalls to deeshan and deeshan to shadowfen far too quickly it would seem. o well lesson learned for my next 3 toons i level... shame dungeons hardly give any xp worth getting.
    Perhaps you also left portions of the map unexplored, achievements undone, etc? And even if you suck at PvP there are a lot of discoveries to made in Cyrodill. Try sneaking while exploring there. It take time, but you can find a lot.

is the exploration xp really that good? and you get xp from achievements? still not even sure what all here gives xp lol
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Exploration XP is not huge, but it adds up. I don't know if you get XP from the achievements themselves, but doing the things to get them gives XP. Also, Cyrodiil has dungeons, quests, skyshards, and so on that are not PvP related. They just happen to be in a war zone.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 15, 2014 7:12AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
    well it took longer then i was hoping but woot lv 50! i can finally start the game lol
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    When I found myself completing quests several levels higher than me in the second major zone (Deshaan in EP), I went back to find the quests I'd missed from the first major zone (found a small hub in Stonefalls I'd missed). I did this, not because I couldn't complete the higher level quests, but because it seemed clear that there wasn't an abundance of content for levelling and I thought I'd run into such trouble later. Now, I try to ensure that quests are no more than one level above me and never deliberately miss any quests out (have missed some dungeons because they can be a nightmare with pugs).

I would check to see if there are any missed quests. Not just where you are, but in the previous zone too. Even when the quests are some levels behind, you can still get reasonable xp. Also make sure you've completed all public dungeons; you get decent xp for killing that end boss which is otherwise easily missed (given that it's dead 90% of the time).