The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will ZOS ever address the memory leak?

GlorphNoldorin
GlorphNoldorin
✭✭✭✭✭
Rhetorical question really. However if anyone would like to indicate how frequently they get memory leaks and in what content please do. PC-NA

I watch my cpu memory use go from 35% with no other programs running to over 58% in a few hours of pvp. At that point I regularly get frame drop (at times to 5 usually to 30ish) and laggy animations (on top of the usual unplayableness). I have a high end graphic set up with about a 100 frames in most heavy traffic situation.

Disabling addons doesnt do anything and restarting my router doesnt either. (so thanks for those tips ZOS) I restart the machine which seems to be the only temporary fix.

In BRP I get super bad memory leaks.

Is there an official stance on this? I didnt have the energy to comb the forum archives.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at their plans it might be worked on, I hope
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are going to be overhauling the memory management system in the next few months. Hopefully that fixes it.

Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably in 2020 along with the rest of their proposed changes. Although that visual aid has a disclaimer so no real date honestly. The usual they're aware and working on it, stay tuned sort of thing.
  • Slayer62
    Slayer62
    ✭✭
    as zyk's says - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=R_g8E5lfIXU
    im relogging for this issue, every 30 min 1 hour around.i deleted all addons, its help a bit for memory leak but its still bad.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I track my memory use now and restart the game for me at about 55-58% memory use. The game starts at about 35% with no other programs running. it gradually edges up a % at a time over about 1-2hours.

Performance for me is bad in pvp anyway but it becomes noticeably worse in high 40%s to really terrible around mid 50%.

So bad that the other day I tried to dodge roll several players but the animation hung/moved very slowly for over 3 sec then I died. I was at 58% memory use.

On my latency a dodge roll sometimes renders skills unusable for more than 2 sec after the dodgeroll is completed but this animation lag/memory leak is taking unplayable to another level.

Perhaps it is recent addons as I cant remember this leak being so bad except in pve areas like Black Rose prison.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhetorical question really. However if anyone would like to indicate how frequently they get memory leaks and in what content please do. PC-NA

I watch my cpu memory use go from 35% with no other programs running to over 58% in a few hours of pvp. At that point I regularly get frame drop (at times to 5 usually to 30ish) and laggy animations (on top of the usual unplayableness). I have a high end graphic set up with about a 100 frames in most heavy traffic situation.

Disabling addons doesnt do anything and restarting my router doesnt either. (so thanks for those tips ZOS) I restart the machine which seems to be the only temporary fix.

In BRP I get super bad memory leaks.

Is there an official stance on this? I didnt have the energy to comb the forum archives.

What addons are you using? Because many of them are the root cause of the issue with ESO.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp counter
    action duration reminder
    auto recharge
    cp point respec
    dressing room
    inventory insight
    map pins
    pchat
    dark ui (uses alot resources but I have been using it for a long time without noticing stuff unless its gradually got worse)

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slayer62 wrote: »
    as zyk's says - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=R_g8E5lfIXU
    im relogging for this issue, every 30 min 1 hour around.i deleted all addons, its help a bit for memory leak but its still bad.

Yeah, it's been really bad lately. Hopefully the memory updates in Q4 fix it.

I dropped to 9 FPS yesterday in Stros M'Kai (r5 1600 + GTX 1080). Restarting client brings you back to normal.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 1, 2019 12:54AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to restart eso after every big PvP fight, because my frame rate drops a lot during the fight and never gets back to what it was before. Restarting fixes it until the next big fight. Always assumed it was a memory leak but never tracked it. Hopefully ZOS’ overhaul will fix it, but experience has taught me to keep my expectations low.