The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why are you asking what I was doing when I crashed?

Soul_Demon
Soul_Demon
✭✭✭✭✭
At this point its painfully clear you have no idea how to deal with the game crashes. They come about every 20 min while playing in Cyro- and you have already done one 'fix' that clearly did not work. Why must you ask me every single crash what I was doing as though you will take action on these crashes making the game almost unplayable? Its insulting at this point to keep berating the customers with requests for what we were doing when the game crashes.....
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even report crashes anymore.......
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's maybe their way of saying its something on your end.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were you doing when you crashed?
    "I was riding with other EP towards BRK to defend it against the raid of AD who were attacking it."

"I was charging into Bleakers with other EP to defend it against the raid of DC who were capturing the flags."

"Attempting to kill the guy with Volundrung in the middle of at least a raid of hangers-on with a bunch of other EP."

"Wishing that Cyrodiil, a game mode designed for large scale AvAvA combat between groups of 2 to 24 actually worked as intended!"
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 31, 2019 3:27PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy, just have it ready in a text file to copy and paste--

"I'm playing in Cyrodiil.
    And on a side-note, how are you doing?"
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ask because every crash has a reason, some set, passive, skill, a certain place, anything could be bugged and make you crash. It's normal that they want to know a reason. Why read all the code when you can at least check the things you were doing first?
    That's not really constructive to not give them this information.
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAbFqkvzQA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

“Boring conversation anyway. Luke! We’re going to have company!”

Perhaps one of my favorite scenes in any Star Wars film. My brother and I constantly quote that part.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put 'guess what i was doing it can't be that hard'
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never mind.
    A ban isnt worth the joke....
    😁
    Edited by Kel on August 31, 2019 5:18PM
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any crashes myself
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I was riding with other EP towards BRK to defend it against the raid of AD who were attacking it."

"I was charging into Bleakers with other EP to defend it against the raid of DC who were capturing the flags."

"Attempting to kill the guy with Volundrung in the middle of at least a raid of hangers-on with a bunch of other EP."

"Wishing that Cyrodiil, a game mode designed for large scale AvAvA combat between groups of 2 to 24 actually worked as intended!"

accurate
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait till one of those crashes eats up a skill line and you cannot use it because support is not answering you. Trust me its happening!
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    I usually just answer the question with, "I was wondering why the game crashed, can you tell me why the game crashed, I think the game crashed, did your game crash?"
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    At this point its painfully clear you have no idea how to deal with the game crashes. They come about every 20 min while playing in Cyro- and you have already done one 'fix' that clearly did not work. Why must you ask me every single crash what I was doing as though you will take action on these crashes making the game almost unplayable? Its insulting at this point to keep berating the customers with requests for what we were doing when the game crashes.....

In most online games this is what the crash log and server logs are for, I guess ZOS support may not know this concept exists, and is usually automated within a crash reporting tool!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been really bad lately. What's even more insulting is I almost always crash after a long drawn out battle to take/defend a keep right before I get the offensive/defensive tick. In fact, I'm to the point where as soon as I see the inner door open, I just stop trying cause I know the crash is coming fast
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8HrV1G08CE
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey bro, wtf were you doing that made you crash?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to answer the question. Stopped a while back. I figure that it is what programmers call an 'unhandled exception' and nothing I say about what I was doing will be specific enough for diagnostic purposes. Otherwise, they would know what I was doing...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MishMash wrote: »
    Wait till one of those crashes eats up a skill line and you cannot use it because support is not answering you. Trust me its happening!

That's a bug going on that Zos won't even acknowledge.

You really have to keep multiple tickets open and keep at it. So you can teach customer service actually how to provide customer service and get a clear answer to a resolution for you as the customer. They will probably give you skill points if they can't fix it.

Trust me, they can do skill points for that issue at the minimum.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They ask what you were doing when you crashed, to see if they have to kick and wake up one of the two bike riders that keep the server running. Zos is a green company.... :*
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Because crashes can be caused by MANY THINGS from alt tabbing or interacting with something. That is why they ask. Dont want to provide information then dont report it as "my game crashed" tells devs crap
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    My last report (just today)
    "Loading the game... Seriously that's all I was doing was loading the character..."

ayup