The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Melee mag sorc

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
Possible for casual play and not vet content?
Dual wield or sword and shield or 2h back bar destro staff?
●Entropy , daedric mine (spammable) , crystal Frag, shield , bound armour
●WoE , lightning flood , haunting Curse, crit surge, bound armour
Any suggestions or improvement?
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest using staves :D
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭
    You could try Elemental Weapon as a spammable with DW/2H sword(s). I'm also curious to see how well vMA DW works now on a mag character. Probably be best on a DK but Sorc might be ok as well.
    Edited by Amarthiul on August 31, 2019 10:29AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, ele weapon would be a better spammable if you can weave alright. I woulf change lightning flood for like soul-splitting trap as well. Just a better aoe rn. Maybe haunting front bar too.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't bother, you do anything fun or abnormal and you can bet it will get nerfed someway, somehow next patch. Always happens as a result of overall "balance" changes because they won't target OP sets...Just wait...
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got hooked on playing a melee magicka nightblade at one point due to the meta being reflect-averse in pvp, but I realized I liked it. I don't know if sorc would have many utilities to make the most of it, but melee magicka specs don't seem to work very well in this game. I feel like often times I'm giving up stats for the RP flavoring.

I don't know why they can't implement dual wielded wands XD they would sort of function like overload, but instead just be mini-destro light/heavy attacks. They would function on the destro skill line, and would not be affected by the dual-wield skill line.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Don't bother, you do anything fun or abnormal and you can bet it will get nerfed someway, somehow next patch. Always happens as a result of overall "balance" changes because they won't target OP sets...Just wait...

Ignore these kinds of people. Enjoy your fun build.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Ignore these kinds of people. Enjoy your fun build.

Don't listen to these kinds of people, they avert their eyes from reality.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric mines. I don't see them at all in pvp or pve that much. Something change?
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarthiul wrote: »
    You could try Elemental Weapon as a spammable with DW/2H sword(s). I'm also curious to see how well vMA DW works now on a mag character. Probably be best on a DK but Sorc might be ok as well.
    Yeah, ele weapon would be a better spammable if you can weave alright. I woulf change lightning flood for like soul-splitting trap as well. Just a better aoe rn. Maybe haunting front bar too.

I didn't knew ele weapon would work
    Swapped out mines with it and worked like a charm.:)
    Thanks a bunch !!!!
    Edited by r34lian on August 31, 2019 2:22PM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All mag sorcs are "melee", whether we like it or not.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this melee magblade build.

Shouldn't be that difficult to adapt to sorc...

https://youtu.be/IvmcX4pXq6c
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for casual non-vet you can

run around with bare hands

and occasional pieces of laundered

stolen purely cosmetic items...

if (as you said) you are not after numbers

use whatver you like in any combination)

it is a matter of taste and fun...

untill it comes to vet where numbers are the king