The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting already enchanted items…

ShallowTech
It seems like I am able to enchant armor and other items that already have an enchantment. I have not experimented enough in regards to this and I was wondering if I am correct in my statement and if the new enchantment replaces the original?
ShallowTech
MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • Shroominatrix
    That you are. I made a fool of myself several times (used my best enchanments, then replaced them with lesser enchantments) before noticing this... :P
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct. New enchantments replace the old enchantments.
    Edited by Armitas on April 14, 2014 7:55PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    It's handy for weapon enchants if you are short on soul gems and have a bountiful supply of runes
  • ShallowTech
    Okay, that answers that... I did this on an amulet... thinking it would add and then did not notice a change but I was thinking it looked like the number decreased. Thank you for the responses.
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • enem
    enem
    in the panel where you choose the glyph to apply it shows what will happen. at the bottom it shows icons to indicate the:

current item ===> enchanted item

so you can see that it will replace the enchantment, and display what the resulting item will be.
  • Trainerdc
    Trainerdc
    ✭✭
    It would make the wepons OP in my oppinion. Imagine a Frost mace of firey poison lighting.
    "You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?"
    -Sheogorath