Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Lag (FPS drop)

Ethardt
Ethardt
✭✭✭
A few Templar player reported strong FPS issues.

Where?
PvP and PvE zones

When?
After 20-40 minutes of fighting.

Why?
The templar purge cos the lag

Update 1.:
The passive "sacred ground" cos the issues.

Update 2
I play without addons and the bug does not show up.

If you use "action duration reminder" or other combat addons, try to turn them off.

Here you can see the power of 1 Fps:

https://twitch.tv/ethardt/clip/AmazonianArtsySandpiperSoonerLater?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
Edited by Ethardt on September 10, 2019 3:00PM
REMOVE FACTION LOCK
PC/EU
twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I can confirm that it only happens when i play templar, since i play all the classes.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever i play templer i see a way bigger impact on my performance than other classes. The performance decays till it becomes unplayable.

My theory is that it is purifying ritual and the massive aoe snare (just a theory and not proven by any means)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had it last night. Don't play my Stamplar often but this is just another reason not to play it.
    PC EU
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, but for some reason it only affects my Magplar DPS character and not my Templar healer. Just like OP said, the FPS drop only gets worse over time. Once it reaches 15 FPS I have to switch characters because the game becomes unplayable at that point.
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes I only had this problem when playing my templar.
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    ulcrap6cdujw.png

I might be wrong, but I think it is related to extended ritual/ritual of retribution visual effects

Used to play with ritual of retribution in trials last patch, and when I removed it from my rotation, the issue dissappeared. In PvP I cant remove the skill, so it leads to situations like the one of the picture. Even lowering my graphics doesnt do anything to improve it
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same issue with my templar. After a while of fighting my fps drops to an extremely low rate (stop motion low) and I have to reloadui or relog to fix it.
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue.
    On Tuesday I healed vSunspire on my warden, without issues.
    Yesterday I took the Templar, where I ran into the described problem on the ice boss. It didn't take long for my fps to deteriorate to less than 10.
    I have not tried without ritual, since it's kind of required on this fight.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purifying ritual and morphs are the issue of this bug.
    You can reduce the effects by /reloadui after every fight but fights that take longer than 10 min result in FPS of <10 when i started with 100.
    The same bug also happen when Thurvokun procs but in that case ot affects everyone rather than only the templar.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Whenever i play templer i see a way bigger impact on my performance than other classes. The performance decays till it becomes unplayable.

My theory is that it is purifying ritual and the massive aoe snare (just a theory and not proven by any means)

You are onto something here I'm sure.
    I used to notice this alot when I played on my squishy nb where lag spikes could be the difference between life and death for my toon. Anytime a plar would put down the aoes to counter my burst the lag started and resulted in zillions of failed gank attempts. I realize you guys are talking about it from the templar view but I've felt the lag spikes being the opponent or bystander as well
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a particular problem in pve for me, in trials more so than dungeons, but sometimes while fighting dragons as well.

I don’t notice it as much in pvp but I think it’s because I crash and have to relog so often.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue on my Stamplar and Magplar Xbox NA. Skills seem to not fire until 3rd or 4th attempt. LA weaving is a joke if played with Sweeps/Jabs (2H LA weave seems to just charge full HA instead of LA into Jabs [same with Destro] -OR- LA will work fine but Jabs won't activate at all or seems to have some inherent 1-2GCD cooldown...)

The issue with my Templar being more "buggy" or "laggy" doesn't seem to be contributed to RoR or ER as it happens with the skill not being active also.

My Stamblade, Magblade, MagDK, Stamden AND MagSorc have NONE of these issues, at all. All skills fire fluently with no delay.

Also, can we get the "Cannot Mount in Combat" perma-prevention fixed for Templars? WTF is it that Templars are cursed to not ride a mount?!?!

Also, for reference.
    1. Xbox One X (SSD storage for game)
    2. 310 mbs download / 50 mbs upload (on average)
    3. 55 ms (on average)
    4. 0 packet loss

Definitely not on my end.
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Playing without templar purge and the bug is not showing up!
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • HootPocket
    HootPocket
    Soul Shriven
    Don't worry, I contacted ZoS and they just told me to reset my router (':
    I know yours is with a templar ability but, sanguine altar lags me completely out in drawn out boss fights. As soon as it expires, completely fine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g5m6-QZ5Q4&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • HootPocket
    HootPocket
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure how to edit my posts so sorry for double post, I did some searching, to my knowledge they messed with the spell id or coding of minor lifesteal, so that might be the cause of my lag, or maybe it's just sanguine/blood altar. or maybe it's any major aoe buff/debuff that requires "lots of" computing :/ by lots of, i mean my computer not going over 50% ram/cpu usage.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This wont be very popular but it's been my experience for a while now. Healing mixed with animation cancelling causes lag. Period. I've noticed it getting worse every dlc/patch since morrowind. I had to call for help killing a mag blade i should have killed twice in fare on my mag dk because everytime I got him low on health his healing induced lag on my end. There are many other times I noticed it but that is when I put two and two together

I'm going to get on my magplar tonight to see if I get the same bug you all are experiencing
    Edited by jadarock on August 29, 2019 7:04PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please tell the Devs to take a look at this
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    This is an important one @ZOS_GinaBruno :). I also believe it's the Cleansing Ritual ability.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's when the ritual is healing others and you are also stood in it, FPS drops.

I tested it on guards that were taking damage last night.
    PC EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? Is this what’s been happening? I’ve been wracking my brains, trying all kinds of tweaks, lowering graphics and nothing has been helping. That sucks but at least I know what’s going on now. I was stumped because it didn’t matter if I was fighting one person on a rss or participating in a big keep defense.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 30, 2019 12:40PM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt that it will get noticed...Anyone know who should be tagged from ZOS for this bug?
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethardt wrote: »
    A few Templar player reported strong FPS issues.

Where?
    PvP and PvE zones

When?
    After 20-40 minutes of fighting.

Why?
    The templar purge cos the lag

Here you can see the power of 1 Fps:

https://twitch.tv/ethardt/clip/AmazonianArtsySandpiperSoonerLater?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Just to add, it seems my stamplar/magplar are always plagued with the cannot mount in combat bug worse than any other class I play. It takes up to minutes to be able to mount on them. Killing a npc animal or guard seems to fix this. Good thing my stamplar is an orc so I can just sprint wherever I need to go.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Update: The passive "sacred ground" cos the issues. I played 4 hours now with templar purge and without this passiv. Only a bit less FPS after some time, but playable.
    Edited by Ethardt on August 31, 2019 4:20PM
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny because I was getting no lag but my duo partner is a templar and he had to leave he was getting such bad fps
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethardt wrote: »
    Update: The passive "sacred ground" cos the issues. I played 4 hours now with purge and without this passiv. Only a bit less FPS after some time, but playable.

Interesting. Will try playing without tomorrow and see what happens.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can at least say I do not have this issue on my Mag DK. The fps performance on my Templar is so bad and coupled with my already high ping its just unplayable and nauseating at time.

The difference between playing my Stamplar and playing my mag DK is just insane. I don’t even consider my Stamplar playable atm. It’s not just FPS it’s ability lag and desyncs.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 31, 2019 12:28PM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no word from ZOS on this?? My skills are just flat out not working anymore because of the constant lag playing Stamplar. I have to press jabs 3 times to activate it after LA weaving...cleanse is not cleansing anything.
    No problems with any gameplay on my stamblade or magdk.
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any news? "We are looking into it in the future or something?" On gamebreaking bugs we actually would like to see an answer on it.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    not only templar, my warden have same issue .