Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon not visible bug?

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭

Doing normal stuff and dungeons: more often than not my sword & shield are invisible (like I'm fighting with just fists).

When I weapon swap to my staff -- the staff appears normal. Although there have been times when the staff appears on the ground... like a skateboard. But not recently.

Anyone else with this sword & shield invisible bug?

Solution?

Thanks!
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Same invisible weapons bug on my stamina character--

The 2 hander is fine, but when I weapon swap to the dual wield.. my weapons are invisible...

So annoying.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play dual wield on one character and two handed on another. Both characters get the same thing. Weapon vanishes and it looks like I'm fighting with an invisible weapon. Funny thing is my bow on both characters never vanishes. Just the other weapons. Only thing that fixes it is to re-equip it. Doesn't seem to impact anything but it's annoying as hell.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Ok thanks.

Yeah, my other toon is dual wield and 2hander.
    the dual wield weapons were invisible last night and the 2hander was normal.
    wierd.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically it happens if you use two diferent weapons, it's a known bug, if you use something like Staff/Staff or One hand-Shield/One hand-Shield it don't happen, but try to use different weapons like Dual Wield/Bow and it start to happen, annoying as ***
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    Basically it happens if you use two diferent weapons, it's a known bug, if you use something like Staff/Staff or One hand-Shield/One hand-Shield it don't happen, but try to use different weapons like Dual Wield/Bow and it start to happen, annoying as ***

Known since when? It's only just started happening to my DW stamsorc.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re equip or install an addon like Clutch or Fix invisible offhand one.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

never heard of these addons.
    i will check them out.
    thanks very much!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    My tank uses two set of 1H / shield and sometimes only one shield show up. Still an issue as the shields are very different to show who bar I'm on, also run into that one with staffs but that is rarer.
    On tank and healer its important to know who bar you are on so using very different weapon or shield helps.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Summ0n3r
    Summ0n3r
    same issue here, happens every time i play
    win 10, i7-3930k @ 4ghz, 32gb, GTX 1070Ti
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    The Weapons are not Invisible.. theyre where your Feet at. Some Kind of Clippingbug?
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they still work as if they were visible. There was a different bug not long ago, where you couldn't swap weapon bars, which could be nasty if your back bar was all buffs.
  • Kamarox
    Kamarox
    weird bug
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re equip or install an addon like Clutch or Fix invisible offhand one.

I love you
    -
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Clutch Addon too and so far so good.
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    it comes up alot if you use the addon Lui extended and i wish i knew why
  • Shmoopy
    Shmoopy
    ✭✭✭
    I just take my tabard on and off and it fixes it for me
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    This actually works... Why? I DON'T KNOW

But i stop using Clutch after that video and it never happened again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVBz9BWzQM
    Edited by yRaven on September 9, 2019 9:59AM
    -
  • p4l4mu7
    p4l4mu7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doing normal stuff and dungeons: more often than not my sword & shield are invisible (like I'm fighting with just fists).

When I weapon swap to my staff -- the staff appears normal. Although there have been times when the staff appears on the ground... like a skateboard. But not recently.

Anyone else with this sword & shield invisible bug?

Solution?

Thanks!

Turn on -Hide polymorph helmet- it will fix the problem