The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Im really enjoying elder templars online

NinchiTV
NinchiTV
✭✭✭✭✭
How about you guys?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do but its going to turn around
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every class had their time under the sun, these templat shitposts are getting old real fast.
    Last patch unkillable heavy stamdks with 6k wpd and 50%+ uptime on corrosive was a thing, this patch magplars permarooting everyone is a thing.
    At this point it should be clear that pvp isnt going to be balanced ever and thats fine.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They needed their time in the spotlight, and I'm personally enjoying all the thrown shards, as well as seeing a variety of classes in the roster, but if updates have taught us anything, is that nothing really lasts long *comforts magblade*
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than Elder Sorcs Online
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wheeler plays a magplar.

Just sayin'.
    PC EU
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just doont understand why they can't do subtle changes.

It's like "ok this skill is over performing a bit"

"wE dEsTrOy sKiLl" -zos

"This skill needs a buff"

"wE mAkE sKiLl oP" -zos

"There is nothing wrong with this skill it is perfectly fine"

"wE mAkE iT CoSt tWiCe aS mUcH aNd StRiP bUfFs" -zos

Give it up guys this game is a joke
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Every class had their time under the sun, these templat shitposts are getting old real fast.
    Last patch unkillable heavy stamdks with 6k wpd and 50%+ uptime on corrosive was a thing, this patch magplars permarooting everyone is a thing.
    At this point it should be clear that pvp isnt going to be balanced ever and thats fine.

@Firstmep
    Let me tell u a secret, i can still run 6k weapon dmg and 40k stam without continous attack.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen much more templars, and even when I do none of them are "OP". Having played a mag and hybrid templar myself for a majority of the game, I don't even see what the fuss is about the class. It still has the same terrible weaknesses it had before this patch, and its not like two skills are going to cover them. It's not as great as people on the forums believe.

In fact, if you think so, go and make one yourself and see how good it is.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres always something ruling over everything else, if its not magdk, magsorc or stamdk...its magplars, its a shame that it has to be like this, balance has never rly been a thing, but yea...magplars are kinda on a planet of their own atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »

@Firstmep
    Let me tell u a secret, i can still run 6k weapon dmg and 40k stam without continous attack.

I was just pointing out tbe stupidity of crying about how strong magplars are.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been playing on and off since beta in that time Ive seen whining posts on this forums for :
    Nerf Bats, nerf sorcs (perma this one), nerf DKs, nerf snipe, nerf heals, nerf stamina nbs, nerf magblades, nerf DKs again and now nerf Templars. I've played MMOs and pvp for almost 20 odd years and I have never repeat never seen balanced classes.

I pvped with my guild in this game from the start and while most of my team were busy getting Grand overlord on their chars I was busy making my multiple chars. I know how this works and have been annoyed in the past because when the cryers start classes get nerfed and some badly so I just play on my other classes (that and I get bored easily so play others anyway).

This is the way of the mmo people get used to it and its not like school and college where you get trophies for taking part these game companies don't care about your feelings. Just move on, enjoy the game and or roll other chars.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was predictable from the first patchnote of PTS Scalebreaker.
    Templars were strong even in previous patch (mobility, general great range of cc tools, selfheal, tankiness). In this, with dots meta, with new freaking frustrating af both morfs (but most hatefull for me personally Unstable core non freaking counterable ***) Eclipse, with many nerfs for another classes - magplar is OP.
    My thoughts, Devs didn't care about balance when designed this patch.
    Very bad job, @ZOS_BrianWheeler .
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars were strong even in previous patch (mobility, general great range of cc tools, selfheal, tankiness). In this, with dots meta, with new freaking frustrating af both morfs (but most hatefull for me personally Unstable core non freaking counterable ***) Eclipse, with many nerfs for another classes - magplar is OP.

I said in the PTS forum that skill was not designed well, and you'd be happy to know that both those skills got nerfed. Before living dark nerf that skill healed me for over 16K every 1/2 second. If you guys think that skill OP on live, you don't know what you actually avoided on the PTS...
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

I said in the PTS forum that skill was not designed well, and you'd be happy to know that both those skills got nerfed. Before living dark nerf that skill healed me for over 16K every 1/2 second. If you guys think that skill OP on live, you don't know what you actually avoided on the PTS...

i know it was complete garbage there (i didn't avoided it), but simple nerf of amount of healing it provides, instead of rework of mechanics didn't done it balanced.
    I'm glad in theory that templar have now immobilize toolkit for pve tanking purposes, but with a things living dark provide at a top of immobilise, pvp became...

From another side, it's visual effect...it's so bad feeling to be inside this big not matter own or enemy one bubble, which was before breakfreeable in one morf.
    And very stupid is when u used Living Dark on yourself, and another templar used on u Unstable Core...
    Who was that brainless man in Zos, who didn't noticed that such situation is unacceptable in any case?

I'm very dissapointed they don't understand that Eclipse design was better for gameplay even in that stupid form as in previous patches.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler How it could be done instead:

1. Living dark - if immobilise - or selfhealing or damage attacker at a top, not both at a time. AND ANOTHER VISUAL EFFECT!
    2. Unstable Core - Breakfreeable only without any delays on this. With a posteffects lasts on u after breakfree.
    To force a target for hard choice each time. It can be debufs or damage or bufs for templar caster, on "professional" combat designers responsibility. Aoe damage like proximity seems adequate thing. maybe minor vulnerability, or major breach. or monor defile.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 29, 2019 11:43AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen much more templars, and even when I do none of them are "OP". Having played a mag and hybrid templar myself for a majority of the game, I don't even see what the fuss is about the class. It still has the same terrible weaknesses it had before this patch, and its not like two skills are going to cover them. It's not as great as people on the forums believe.

I have a magplar and it was dumb easy to play last patch and it'll be just as easy to play this patch, rather than getting on flavor of the month I want to build a mag necro that can hold its own. Its absolutely as great as people on the forums believe.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka in general is a beast atm. My sorcs loving having 2 dots on top of curse and mages wrath. It's a cake walk. At least on magplar the player has to go defensive. On my sorc it's immediately on the offensive and harder pressure than ever.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Kill em with dots.

Just think the dots as bleeds and call it balanced. 🤣
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played a maglpar on console since launch, and we are crazy op right now.

But after 3 months of bash necro ruining things, I'm basking in this ez mode glory while it lasts.... Which given Zos's track record will be for the next 3 months
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »

But after 3 months of bash necro ruining things, I'm basking in this ez mode glory while it lasts.... Which given Zos's track record will be for the next 3 months

True. I'd rather fight a bunch of templars than deal with bash necros any day.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don’t care about Magplars that much aside from the freaking snare on living dark. Are they a bit strong? Yes. Tbh I don’t know if I’d say OP. And no I do not play one in PvP really though I do have one. Mostly I’ve just run into desyncs with their spear ult and I think Entropy is OP and soul trap a bit overturned. Balance those skills and fix this desync issue and I think you’ll be good to go. Magplars as a class aren’t really OP but their synergy with the current game state is a bit strong.
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    Remove snare on purify. That would help combat them a ton tbh. Maybe also look at the bubble
    PS4 NA
    Medium Stam Dk since launch
    Technologically incompetent I'm told

Solo play is the only way
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »
    Remove snare on purify. That would help combat them a ton tbh. Maybe also look at the bubble

Ya if you cant purge the bubble its pretty much a GG. It needs to be breakable again.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The old burst play styles have gone away. It is now
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    DrSweetazz wrote: »

True. I'd rather fight a bunch of templars than deal with bash necros any day.

False
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »

Ya if you cant purge the bubble its pretty much a GG. It needs to be breakable again.

Imo they might aswell rework unstable core completely. Unbreakable bubble is too strong and can only be countered effectively by templars (if you dont want to gimp yourself or dont run in a big zerg), breakable bubble that gives cc immunity is Pretty much useless against anyone that knows how breakfree works, drains stam but doesnt give burst opportunity so it essentially becomes a cc thats actually not a cc and breakable bubble that doesnt have some Kind of cooldown or doesnt give cc immunity would be hella broken because you could force everyone to break free until they are out of stam.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a magplar and it was dumb easy to play last patch and it'll be just as easy to play this patch, rather than getting on flavor of the month I want to build a mag necro that can hold its own. Its absolutely as great as people on the forums believe.

It's always been dumb easy to sit on a snb back bar, spamming heals and mist forming around - That was and still appears to be 99% of Templars and isn't a a fair indicator of 'templar is easy', not at all - Anyone doing that is as good as dead.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I really don’t care about Magplars that much aside from the freaking snare on living dark. Are they a bit strong? Yes. Tbh I don’t know if I’d say OP. And no I do not play one in PvP really though I do have one. Mostly I’ve just run into desyncs with their spear ult and I think Entropy is OP and soul trap a bit overturned. Balance those skills and fix this desync issue and I think you’ll be good to go. Magplars as a class aren’t really OP but their synergy with the current game state is a bit strong.

Definitely not OP but I agree strong (about time again) - The snare on living dark is no different to someone hitting me with a crippling grasp, former ice clench and so on - It can be safely dealt with by running a snare immunity (as templars have had to for tiiiiime) be that RAT, FM or whatever.

If you're running snare immunity it becomes almost redundant because you damage much more than it heals and it doesn't have any utility other than that.

Is Soul trap out-damaging most classes dots? Because it's not out-damaging Entropy or Reflective light for me and they both come with extra perks. If anything I think soul trap is not worth slotting and bandwagoners are only using it on their bandwagoned builds because, well, bandwagon - Saying that, I don't know if it's outdamaging other class dots, only that it's not on Templar.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)