The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Hireling

Felinus
Felinus
Hello all,

I have recently used my skill points to get a hireling gather material for me.
As I understand he is suppose to come once within 24 h.

My question is, do i have to log in every day to collect it or will i continuously receive mail from him over a couple of day, even if i don't play/log on?

Thanks for your help
  • Defaultmehb14_ESO
    You don't need to log in everyday. Mail does get deleted after 30 days though.
  • Trainerdc
    Trainerdc
    ✭✭
    Yep, they will gather every 24 hours, but if you dont log in you will still get the resources
    "You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?"
    -Sheogorath
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats wrong I tested it. You have to log in for them to send it. Tested it on an alt. Only got one mail after over 48 (close to 3 days) of waiting.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • meatloafed35
    Correct, collect everyday or no new mail
  • mattriddle
    So they send it out when you log-in? That's interesting, and ultimately a better system than it sending it blindly everyday. It makes it harder to farm with multiple characters.
    Edited by mattriddle on April 14, 2014 1:48PM
    Streaming ESO twitch.tv/matzimazing M-F Noon-4PM EST
  • Felinus
    Felinus
    OH ok good to know then, thank you all...
  • Felinus
    Felinus
    Okey I discovered something strange now. Last time i was online was yesterday at about 11pm. Now 5:45pm (next day) I received 9 mails from my 3 hirelings. so each one send me 3 mails within 24h. it seem to me they are either bugged or I have happened to hire extremly efficient gatherers :smile:
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    Wasn't there a bug in the mail system the last couple/few days that had it offline?
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope I get my hireling mail...I'd hate to miss out on those three ores she sends me once every 24 hours.
  • scoupster
    scoupster
    I am curious about this as well. I was out of town for 3 days last week and when I returned home I only had one item in my mail from the hireling. Prior to me leaving out of town I received one per day.

Do we have to take the current item out of mail to receive another one the following day?
  • understeer
    Yea i think the timer starts after to take it from the mailing system , that is after I log in for the 2nd time after the 24 hours have passed.
  • Laharl_Overlord
    Laharl_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    understeer wrote: »
    Yea i think the timer starts after to take it from the mailing system , that is after I log in for the 2nd time after the 24 hours have passed.

Seems to be this, although I think it may be a 20 hour timer like the horses.
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.. is 24 hours. Not like horses.
  • freddy_hgnrb18_ESO
    Have been wondering this myself.

IF you have to log in every day to collect the bag, and the timer for the next delivery is 24 hours after collection, then the explanation on the tooltip is wrong, and the whole passive skill is misleading.

It reads - Receive (crafting) materials, and sometimes better items, EVERYDAY!

You should not HAVE to log in every day to collect it based on the above description from the skill tooltip. They should accumulate. And they should be delivered at the same time on a daily basis.

If this is not how the skill should work, then re-word the skill point tool tip accordingly to correct the misrepresentation.
  • glasswalkers_04_ESO
    I agree. I work odd hours so I don't get to log in everyday. If you have to log in to reset the timer its a complete waste of the skill point.

It would make more sense to run around and just harvest for an hour then to buy the skill. It would be about the same chance of getting anything.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    You must log in to get it. After 24 hours from the previous time you got the bonus, when you log out, it will go get you more.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I mostly think a 24h timer is pretty crap for it. It should be at 20 hours like the horses at most. Why? Because lets assume I pick stuff out of the mail at 18.00 the first day. Am I going to get and open that mail exactly at 18.00 the next day? Most likely not. So say I open it at 18.30. Then it continues to push forward because lets face it, the mail system is about as reliable as a drunk rabbit and not everyone can be on at all times. So eventually, it'll be pushed forward enough to hit a limit... And I'll miss a day because I just can't stay up and open that damn mail. That system really don't help people without unlimited time.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Felinus
    Felinus
    You must log in to get it. After 24 hours from the previous time you got the bonus, when you log out, it will go get you more.

That sounds interesting, so the 24h only start once i log out again? Say I collect my stuff and then hypothetically play for 24h i will miss a day, because i have to log out in order to get the hireling going?