The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Big List of Very Old ("Classic") Dungeon Bugs

Calm_Fury
Calm_Fury
✭✭✭✭✭
After taking a break from ESO, I came back to play and mostly just pug vet dungeons. I was surprised to see several bugs I encountered in 2015 are still present and happening in a lot of the dungeons in the game. I'm going to list some that I'm facing every week and if anyone else remember others I'll try to add:

Wayrest Sewers I
  • If you aggro a crododile at the entrance, you can't use the door after Uulgarg
  • Invertigator Garron will keep light attacking a random person even when taunted (it is not the mechanic that is supposed to target a random player, he will just keep light attacking someone else all the time)
  • Uulgarg fears people into walls and boxes or under the map
  • Varaine Pellingare will not come down from his platform
  • Adds after Varaine will run inside the wall and stay there
  • Allene Pellingare takes several seconds to come back after summoning the bats

Fungal Grotto II
  • Gamyne Bandu will take several seconds to come back after spawning the 4 shadows

Crypt of Hearts I
  • Death Leviathan gets stuck in the walls, trees and corners
  • Melee Illambris heavy attack connects way off sync with the animation

Crypt of Hearts I
  • Chamber Guardian fears people inside walls and under the map

Banished Cells I
  • Angata the Clannfear Handler runs inside the wall
  • Cutscene for Angata plays while the boss is still alive
  • Can't use skills like Hail or Blockade on adds after Shadowrend, only after you go over the archway from the gate

Elden Hollow I
  • One Alit hides behind vines and cannot be targeted or hit right before last boss

Selene's Web
  • Mennir Many-Legs can sometimes run inside the tree roots and be unhittable

Direfrost Keep
  • Drodda will keep light attacking another player even when taunted (it is not the mechanic that is supposed to target a random player, she will just keep light attacking someone else all the time)

Arx Corinium
  • Adds and bosses will keep despawning and respawning a few times after you start the fight right after the lowered bridge

Tempest Island
  • Stormreeve Neidir will run straight into a wall in the corner of the area as soon as fight starts, making it hard to hit her

Volenfell
  • Quintus' Gargoyle animations out of sync (when he jumps, when players are knocked back, sometimes his cone aoe shows a different direction than the actual attack

Blackheart Haven
  • Harpies won't come down from trees and can't be chained or hit sometimes (have to leave them there)
  • The Ogre boss will sometime run on top of the rocks and get stuck there

Falkreath Hold OBS: Not that old, but has been going on for a few patches already so, if the past shows anything, we should get used to it.
  • Last boss "pull" mechanic won't actually pull people to the middle. You just start exploding where you are
Edited by Calm_Fury on September 11, 2019 8:31PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good list. I'd note that Allene Pellingare is often gone for so long that we have time to catch several fish in the fishing holes nearby! (I suspect that something is wrong with the dungeon scaling - it's high DPS groups who experience this problem most.)
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Very good list. I'd note that Allene Pellingare is often gone for so long that we have time to catch several fish in the fishing holes nearby! (I suspect that something is wrong with the dungeon scaling - it's high DPS groups who experience this problem most.)

Yeah, that was what my group did one time hehe.

Thanks for reminding me of this topic.

Updated with Blackheart Haven bugs.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added one more for Falkreath Hold. It is not one of the classics yet, since it is a newer bug, but I'm sure it will be here with us for years to come like the other ones.