The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

First trial?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Hello!

Can I already participate in trials with a CP 360 character with the gear "Stamina Dragonknight Build PvE DPS"?

What's the best way to start?

Thank you!
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can, but you need a group first:

I'd suggest you find a beginner friendly guild (guild finder or ask in zone chat) and tell them that you want to do your first trial.

Can you tell us more specifically what your "gear" looks like? "Stamina Dragonknight Build PvE DPS" doesn't tell us anything about it. Make sure that it's up-to date (Scalebreaker DLC) and practice your rotation. The better you know your build/rotation, the easier it will be for you to focus on trial mechanics.

You'll most likely start with Craglorn trials (Sanctum Ophidia = SO, Aetherian Archive = AA, Hel Ra Citadel = HRC) on normal difficulty. Let the raid lead explain the mechanics to you and don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭

I'd suggest you find a beginner friendly guild (guild finder or ask in zone chat) and tell them that you want to do your first trial.

Can you tell us more specifically what your "gear" looks like? "Stamina Dragonknight Build PvE DPS" doesn't tell us anything about it. Make sure that it's up-to date (Scalebreaker DLC) and practice your rotation. The better you know your build/rotation, the easier it will be for you to focus on trial mechanics.

You'll most likely start with Craglorn trials (Sanctum Ophidia = SO, Aetherian Archive = AA, Hel Ra Citadel = HRC) on normal difficulty. Let the raid lead explain the mechanics to you and don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck.

I use the "Gear Setup 3 Beginner" from the following build:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/

1) How long are the trials?
    2) How do I prepare? Just some YouTube-videos?
    3) Is there anything else I have to bear in mind?

Thank you!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »

Good luck.

Thank you!

The normal trials really should not take more than like a half hour, though SO may longer. Depends on the group though. I would recommend watching vids on the bosses of each trial. However, normal Crag trials are relatively easy. The videos will help for when you're ready for the vet versions on them.
    As for your gear, switch Nightmother's Gaze for something like Spriggans. You can just buy the pieces you need or farm them in Bangkorai. I say that because in most groups, you'll get Major Fracture from other sources. So NMG's is redundant. Penetration from Spriggan's will stack on top of Major Fracture. But!! Hold onto it if, and only if, you notice a lack of Major Fracture from tanks.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »

Good luck.

Thank you!

Okay, so:

1. Depends on the trial (including difficulty) and your group. For a normal craglorn trial with a beginner group that needs/gets explanation: Probably 30-40 mins (?).
    2. Most importantly, practice your dps rotation as I mentioned before (with yt videos and alcast's description). You get to learn the mechanics in the trial, when the raid lead explains it to you.
    3. Eat your bufffood, brew/buy enough pots (about 200 weapon power pots in your case) and don't hesitate using them, make sure that your gear is repaired and that you have the right mundus stone, download the official program Minion to manage your add ons (they may ask you to install "Raid Notifier", which is helpful for any trial)

About the build, It looks like a good all-rounder:

Since most skills on your bars last for 10 seconds, you have a simple 10 sec rotation

For Boss fights:

Activate Flames of Oblivion (=FoO) before the fight, then swap to the back bar
    Barrage - LA (=light attack) - Barbed Trap - LA - Poison Injection - LA - Soul Trap - bar swap -
    LA - Claw - LA - Carve - 4x(LA - Breath) - LA - barswap - [restart...]

Recast FoO after it runs out, and start to use Reverse Slice instead of noxious breath, when the boss drops low on hp (ca. 30%)

For Trash fights:

Barrage - Soul Trap - spam Carve/Breath - spam Slice on a mob that is low on health

@WuffyCerulei I may be wrong, but the build was using 4 pieces of NMG, so you can keep it as is.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! You're all noble heroes of Tamriel!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Protossyder oooh yeah yeah. I misread the build a little. Then it’s fine.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spriggans should only be used if you're with a completely unprepared and kinda bad group where no one is doing their job. Between Torugs with crusher, Power of the Light, Alkosh, and Puncture, plus your CP and likely a sharpened weapon, you'll be at pen cap and should not use an additional pen set in raid. Save that for four person content and Cyrodil.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Hey mate. If you are on PC NA look up a guild called "Not Tonight".

Wonderful people that assist with entry level trials.

I also main a stam dk pve dps and can give you some tips on game 😎
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a social guild. Most of them do weekly trials just for fun/training/transmute crystals. Person that leads trials will explain what you need to do and all mechanics on voice chat and call out specific things. Going with randoms will work, but you loose the flavour of teamwork and its definitely less fun without everyone on voice.
    For the trials themselves: start with Craglorn trials. Those are a staple for starters, offer good training over different things with different difficulty levels. The order should be in my opinion:

1. Aetherial Archive. Teaches: splitting into groups, prioritizing targets, getting aware of surroundings. Bosses don't have cleave so positioning is very forgiving.
    2. Hel Ra Citadel. Teaches: splitting into groups, interrupting, rolling out of red, positioning, boss fights with multiple phases. Bosses have cleave, so teaches that you dont stand behind or next to tanks.
    3. Sanctum Ophidia. Teaches: stacking, positioning, prioritizing targets. There is a lot of damage over time, so teaches well to not stand behind healers.