The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Underground homes

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
Not necessarily like from LoTR/The Hobbit as I would think those are copy righted...

Ignore above text, tigerseye confirms that hobbit-style houses would not be copyrighted and actually exist here in the U.K. (I didn’t even know that 👀) but I’d think zenimax should if they were to do a hobbit-style home, make it a little bit different layout from the film just to be safe.

here’s a couple of other suggestions:

- An underground slightly ruined version of daggerfall overlook, got this idea from hunters glade as I like the underground entry part, the glade is pretty meh to me, I don’t see myself building much in an area filled with Daedric obelisks, covered in plants and grass and with running water all over the place. As I say though I love the entry part which is the destroyed, underground fort tower.

- Another idea is how about a couple different cave systems for houses? Inspiration for this idea stemmed from the caves in games, bandits use them as their base of operations, so they’d be living in or at least near the cave system no? This idea could come in various sizes, a large complex system with multiple networks, a mid-size system with a handful of different network branches and/or a small system with only a few “rooms”

- And finally a simple idea of well just putting a standard house of any racial style underground... (could do multiple of these covering various racial styles or there could be a poll done via email or something to find out what style people would prefer for an underground house)

So there’s my ideas for underground houses, feel free to comment with your own additional ideas

S.A.96

Edited: added hobbit-style homes at the top of the list thanks to info from tigerseye
Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 28, 2019 10:41AM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily like from LoTR/The Hobbit as I would think those are copy righted...

but here’s a couple of suggestions:

- An underground slightly ruined version of daggerfall overlook, got this idea from hunters glade as I like the underground entry part, the glade is pretty meh to me, I don’t see myself building much in an area filled with Daedric obelisks, covered in plants and grass and with running water all over the place. As I say though I love the entry part which is the destroyed, underground fort tower.

- Another idea is how about a couple different cave systems for houses? Inspiration for this idea stemmed from the caves in games, bandits use them as their base of operations, so they’d be living in or at least near the cave system no? This idea could come in various sizes, a large complex system with multiple networks, a mid-size system with a handful of different network branches and/or a small system with only a few “rooms”

- And finally a simple idea of well just putting a standard house of any racial style underground... (could do multiple of these covering various racial styles or there could be a poll done via email or something to find out what style people would prefer for an underground house)

So there’s my ideas for underground houses, feel free to comment with your own additional ideas

S.A.96

I think an underground home is a wonderful idea! I have personally always wanted a sewer, like the ones from Riften in Skyrim, but not quite as big, ofc :D
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want some sort of back alley or underground lair for a thief in Abah's Landing... something about the size of a small or medium home.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but here’s a couple of suggestions:

S.A.96

I think an underground home is a wonderful idea! I have personally always wanted a sewer, like the ones from Riften in Skyrim, but not quite as big, ofc :D

A sewer one would be perfect for that mysteriously locked door next to the waterfall in wayrest behind the alchemy/enchanting tower (I know it wouldnt be riften style but it’d be a start)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    I just want some sort of back alley or underground lair for a thief in Abah's Landing... something about the size of a small or medium home.

That would be amazing! My dream home would be one of those little houses overlooking the docks in Abah's Landing <3 It's my favourite zone, but the palace was far too large for me :p
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 that I know of the cavern in Craglorn and the Dark Brotherhood one south of Kvatch. The one near Frost Vaults may be underground too, can’t remember for sure.
    Edited by Hapexamendios on August 28, 2019 1:44AM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be amazing! My dream home would be one of those little houses overlooking the docks in Abah's Landing <3 It's my favourite zone, but the palace was far too large for me :p

I could see a small home overlooking the docks with a secret underground room/cave hideaway in Abah’s landing

Never understood why ZoS only give the small zones the largest houses. I mean I know they wanna make money and stuff but still a small house per zone isn’t gonna really cut into their money making housing market (and this is coming from someone who has several large houses including the palace in abah’s Landing, except it’s not so princely now... 👀)
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't it? It was so massive I didn't feel inspired. I really wanted a place with snug rooms (and multiple entry points like the Gardner House - because a thief or shady character would value options for escape) lol.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 that I know of the cavern in Craglorn and the Dark Brotherhood one south of Kvatch. The one near Frost Vaults may be underground too, can’t remember for sure.

I own the sanctuary one and frostvault technically is but the houses you mention are not exactly what I’m thinking of, I mean they at least to me appear too neat, not enough ragged surfaces like a natural cave (mostly the floor surfaces being the issue).
    Eh I know right I’m terrible with describing things well 👀
    I guess I mean I’d like some more natural looking/more ruined looking underground houses along with a small (as in the smallest home category, staple home?) underground home?
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 28, 2019 1:56AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! :grin:

There are currently no homes that fulfill the 'underground home' vibe (giant cavernous halls like Erstwhile and Earthtear, yes, but not a proper underground home) so this would be a great niche to theme a house around! Hunters' Glade is indeed a good start, but the actual 'house' area is far too small. Same with Hakkvild's, the crypt is locked down on the side so the underground area is too small yet again.

I'd like a tunnel/cave/sewer system (with narrow corridors, winding side passages, maybe a few larger caverns) for a proper Outlaw's Den/ Mine/ Bandit Lair house. Sure I built a custom cave with tunnels in the meantime, but having to stick together a bunch of boulders and rocks to shape the cave makes it far too monotonous and looks like a patch job - so it would be a lot nicer if we could get a home that comes with actual underground passages. Please, ZoS :3
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t even read the op the answer is YES
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, they wouldn't be copyrighted, unless you called them Hobbit Holes and even then, maybe not.

Underground homes called Hobbit Holes exist in real life, in parts of the UK, as holiday lets.

You can't really copyright the concept of a little house under the ground, even with circular wondows and doors, as it's far too general a concept to do so.

Maybe if you made them look exactly the same, down to the last detail, that would present issues, but otherwise probably not.

Could also make Smial-like homes, for the large house category.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 28, 2019 6:15AM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    No, they wouldn't be copyrighted, unless you called them Hobbit Holes and even then, maybe not.

Underground homes called Hobbit Holes exist in real life, in parts of the UK, as holiday lets.

You can't really copyright the concept of a little house under the ground, even with circular wondows and doors, as it's far too general a concept to do so.

Maybe if you made them look exactly the same, down to the last detail, that would present issues, but otherwise probably not.

Could also make Smial-like homes, for the large house category.

Wow I didn’t even know that and I live in the U.K.... 👀 guess I’m just too busy with games and military history knowledge. And if not copyrighted then I’ll add a hobbit-style home to the list. I just figured it’d be copyrighted or at least the specific style from the films would be copyrighted. Thanks for the insights and knowledge on the real hobbit homes 😃