Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

How to use counterfit pardon edict

Doctor_David
I was accosted by a guard in town demanding my bounty. I wanted to use my counterfit pardon edict, but there was no button for that, at least that I could find before the timer counted down.

How do you use them?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use them before you get caught.
    They remove a certain amount of heat, but you can't use them once a guard has caught you.

I hope you got away from the guard ...
    :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy is correct.

The idea is to use them to reduce your bounty before you get caught. Use them by right clicking on them while they are in your inventory.
  • Doctor_David
    Thanks. (No, I didn't get away. He killed me, but then the bounty was gone. Didn't understand it, but didn't have to worry anymore.)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. (No, I didn't get away. He killed me, but then the bounty was gone. Didn't understand it, but didn't have to worry anymore.)

When the guard killed you, he took the bounty out of your gold plus any stolen items that you had. Better to use that pardon before the guard catches you.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Before you get caught, in your inventory and click on it :)