Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Jump into Tamriel During Our Free Play Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
d5cdac456e215ec2642c5861946c982b.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Jump into Tamriel During Our Free Play Event" blog article.

Explore a world without limits during The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event. Find out everything you need to know to get in and play the award-winning RPG, completely free!
Staff Post
  • Saeralyhn
    Saeralyhn
    Ooh, I still had some friends that felt like trying the game, so this comes at just the right moment :) Now let's see if I can corrupt ... eh, convert them :D
    #ToggleTheFlaps
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    If you’ve played in a Free Play Event previously, you’ll be able to continue your adventure as if you never left, and all new ESO accounts made will also receive 500 crowns for the in-game Crown Store.

>>Free to play event
    >>As existing player make a new account
    >>Get 500 crowns for free
    >>Gift crowns to your main account

Repeat as many times as you can make new e-mails?
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same day as a major patch release for console, what could go wrong?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ithilis wrote: »
    If you’ve played in a Free Play Event previously, you’ll be able to continue your adventure as if you never left, and all new ESO accounts made will also receive 500 crowns for the in-game Crown Store.

>>Free to play event

Are you sure that free accounts get the crowns during the trial time?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

>>Free to play event

What can you get worth getting for 500 crowns?
    It's a lollipop for new players to explore crown store and then eventually buy more crowns as the item they want can not be purchased for 500 crowns. It's a marketing stint and nothing else. For 1k crown atleast I can understand getting mount upgrade but 500...
    Edited by UrbanMonk on August 26, 2019 4:57PM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »

>>Free to play event

What can you get worth getting for 500 crowns?
    It's a lollipop for new players to explore crown store and then eventually buy more crowns as the item they want can not be purchased for 500 crowns. It's a marketing stint and nothing else. For 1k crown atleast I can understand getting mount upgrade but 500...
    A single crate is only 400 so... if it works you can just get crates.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of mounts for 400 Crowns.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring on the horde of bot farmers that will swarm every zone for a week.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

>>Free to play event

I don't think free accounts can gift:

"Gifting is a feature that must be unlocked. If you are a new player, you need to become an ESO Plus member or make a Crown Pack purchase and wait 30 days in order to gain the ability to gift."

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26375

If you buy ESO+ or a crown pack, it isn't "free" anymore! :)
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried 3 times now to "play for free" and keep getting directed to a "page not found".
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to gift the Steam promotional package of the base game plus Morrowind for $9.99 but it tells me that the other person already owns the game. That may or may not be the case, but they sure don't own Morrowind. I think the free play event is making it weird.

I can't tell if there's a window of time where the free play is off but the promotion price is still there so I can try it when Free play is off. Does anyone know?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to sign up my wife for the free play with a new account. Logging in to her account online, it says:

You have not yet made any game purchases. Please click Redeem Code below to enter your Game Registration Code or Buy Game to purchase the digital version.

She has not received a code (it has been over 26 hrs) by email, and attempts to log in to the game client says she does not have an active account. Is there some secret code she needs to enter, is there something I am missing for her to be able to use the free play, or are we required to buy the base game to have access? Right now it looks like our only option to use the "free play" is to buy the game to activate the account. Not very free if that is the case.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You usually get an email with a confirmation link. After you confirmed your mail via that link, you should recieve the Redeem Code. That's at least how I remember it.
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    You usually get an email with a confirmation link. After you confirmed your mail via that link, you should recieve the Redeem Code. That's at least how I remember it.

Been a couple days. No email. Have checked spam to make sure it did not go there. Any way to have them resend the code?
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    still not working. created an account for a friend. I can log into the account page fine, but no luck logging into game. and support is useless
    Edited by 85flyingbrick_ESO on August 29, 2019 10:15PM
    PC/NA

• 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker is anyone going to address this? Support can't seem to read and just wants me to reset my password over and over. that's pointless.
    PC/NA

• Knight_Nevarine
    Knight_Nevarine
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Didn't work for my siblings (PC, non-steam) :(