Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Does inspiration count for all crafting disciplines?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Does inspiration count for all crafting disciplines? For example, if I deconstruct cloth, does this affect my research time for blacksmithing?

Thank you!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok if research time is what you are concerned about that is lowered by passives in each of the skills that require trait research (provisioning alchemy and enchanting not needing research)
    If inspiration is what you’re asking it falls is the skill you used(blacksmith effects blacksmith) and is used to get you to level 50 in these skills
    This is off the top of my head at work so I might have got something bass ackwards but you will probably get more answers
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Does inspiration count for all crafting disciplines? For example, if I deconstruct cloth, does this affect my research time for blacksmithing?

Thank you!

No, blacksmithing deconstruction only affects blacksmithing, and clothing only affects clothing and so on.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Research time is lowered only by the passives, and each affects only the one skill's research. Orcs' bonus to inspiration lets them get the passive sooner, but doesn't affect the research directly.

Inspiration gained is applied directly to the skill and there's no cross-skill benefits. The only place where skills combine is furnishing, where an item requires multiple skills to craft it.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    So inspiration only increased the crafting level, but it does not decrease the research time?

So inspiration is basically XP for the crafting skill?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    So inspiration only increased the crafting level, but it does not decrease the research time?

So inspiration is basically XP for the crafting skill?

yes, exactly.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!