The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should sell crafting bag in crown store

• GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Yep. If would be nice. But alot of people would drop the subscription, me included and they probably know this.
    If the only reason to subscribe is a crafting bag... that's a really sad reason to subscribe.

I think if you own all of the DLC there should be a crown store option for a small version of a crafting bag.

You're not getting $15/mo out of me for a silly little bag lol.

The bag SHOULD be for sell. But they can't. Their subscription is getting carried by it.

I think people are all overestimating the crucialness of craftbags on the sub. in any event they could at least have different teirs of subscriptions where you can pay less and get less. Maybe your sub includes a craftbag that is pretty large but not unlimited. and you don't get crowns but you are only playing 8 bucks a month or something.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephrk398 wrote: »
    Sub2Win?

There is not much logic to support a crafting bag making you stronger against other players in PvP or increase your DPS in trials for PvE. That argument has been presented before and basically flamed out big time.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Don't forget the 1650 Crowns you get for each month. It is not just DLC's and the Crafting Bag.

They get other stuff they don't want just like when a cable company makes you pay for a bunch of channels you don't want.

The problem I have is that ZOS should have given up on trying to force the subscription model on the player base after it failed miserably after launch and decided to make it voluntary. It's great that they changed the model but in advertising the "Voluntary Subscription" they neglected to advertise how terrible the inventory system is when they introduced the incredible amazing, life-saving Craftbag! Sub only. So instead just having a good value sub model for some nice perks on cosmetic and convenience items and a way to access all the DLC, you also now have to sub in order to get the cure for the crippling disease of the game so that you don't have have spend hours every week deconning stuff and selling stuff that you otherwise would be using to actually playing the game and having fun. But heck, it's 3 years later so..... All hail our lord and savior they great and and might Craftbag, without which our ESO characters lives would have no meaning.

To be fair though I sub for the deals on crowns and the crown store not for the craftbag or the DLC, which I own. Thankfully, I play on PC and have a complex web of addons that help me manage all my crap so its' reasonable and managable enough.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on August 22, 2019 11:47PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you own all of the DLC nearly the only reason to sub is for a crafting bag.

Some find that worth it, some don't.

So there's people out there (like me) who own all the dlc but don't want to sub for a crafting bag. So now the question is, how do you get more money out of us?

SELL A CRAFTING BAG ON THE CROWN STORE!

Obviously it shouldn't be an unlimited bag like the one for subs. But maybe something like 50-100 different crafting mats shared across all characters. Or maybe you have to pay per character to access it depending on the cost?

Something smaller not quite as good, but still better than nothing.

Ok. Why do you think so many things that should stack in your inventory do not stack? Like having 3 stacks of the same Crown Potion/Scroll what ever, one stack is 20 the second 6 and the third 1, they are identical in effect, but don't stack, Museum pieces that are part of quests and should be in the Quest category of your inventory aren't, or pieces of something to combine into something new are not part of the Quest section of your back pack? Some of these things can't even be put in your bank to be put on a mule. You have to carry them around with you, eating up your inventory space. This is all to make you feel the urge to get your Crafting Bag and subscribe.

You think they would give up all that, and the given subscriptions that results from it, for a non subscriber convenience?

Ok, let me calculate how much I've paid in subs for the crafting bag + a theoretic future value and divide that with e.g. 5, and that would be the Crown Price for your lesser crafting bag. 20,000 Crowns? 50,000?

As said, the Crafting Bag is for Sale already.
    Edited by Idinuse on August 23, 2019 12:20AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great that they changed the model but in advertising the "Voluntary Subscription" they neglected to advertise how terrible the inventory system is when they introduced the incredible amazing, life-saving Craftbag! Sub only. So instead just having a good value sub model for some nice perks on cosmetic and convenience items and a way to access all the DLC, you also now have to sub in order to get the cure for the crippling disease of the game so that you don't have have spend hours every week deconning stuff and selling stuff that you otherwise would be using to actually playing the game and having fun.

There are almost 4,000 inventory slots fully maxed on one ESO account.

Please elaborate for everyone how that is a “crippling disease” for you ... especially since it’s the basis for your disdain of ESO+.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the 1650 Crowns you get for each month. It is not just DLC's and the Crafting Bag.

They get other stuff they don't want just like when a cable company makes you pay for a bunch of channels you don't want.

The problem I have is that ZOS should have given up on trying to force the subscription model on the player base after it failed miserably after launch and decided to make it voluntary. It's great that they changed the model but in advertising the "Voluntary Subscription" they neglected to advertise how terrible the inventory system is when they introduced the incredible amazing, life-saving Craftbag! Sub only. So instead just having a good value sub model for some nice perks on cosmetic and convenience items and a way to access all the DLC, you also now have to sub in order to get the cure for the crippling disease of the game so that you don't have have spend hours every week deconning stuff and selling stuff that you otherwise would be using to actually playing the game and having fun. But heck, it's 3 years later so..... All hail our lord and savior they great and and might Craftbag, without which our ESO characters lives would have no meaning.

To be fair though I sub for the deals on crowns and the crown store not for the craftbag or the DLC, which I own. Thankfully, I play on PC and have a complex web of addons that help me manage all my crap so its' reasonable and managable enough.

Ok. So much wrong with this...
    First off, the subscription model was changed from mandatory to optional because of consoles.
    Consoles came out over a year after ESO launched. Microsoft and Sony had their own subscription models and would not work with Bethesda/ZoS over this issue, so ZoS made the decision to change it so console players would not have to pay 2 subs. It did not fail miserably, it was because of MS and Sony.

I have subbed since day 1. 3/30/14.. still sub and never missed a day.
    I do not sub for the crafting bag alone, which you seem to think is the only reason to sub.
    10% Gold increase, 10% XP gain, 1650 crowns a month (which is equal to the cost!), double housing item caps. double bank space, all DLC access, etc.
    You seem extremely biased about ESO+ being all about a crafting bag that you seem to feel entitled to.
    I spend more on a 12 pack of Ale than my sub costs.
    Your analogy of a "crippling disease" is border line drama queen...
    My 2 drakes...
    Huzzah!

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, what we really need is to get rid of all the players that don't put any money into the game and are putting such a strain on the servers.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen.

The Inventory mamagement issues that come with not having the Crafting Bag are probably a huge reason players subscribe.

ZOS isnt going to devalue one of their biggest "sellers" by selling a lesser version sans subscription.

Sad but true :'(
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭

Ok. So much wrong with this...
    First off, the subscription model was changed from mandatory to optional because of consoles.
    Consoles came out over a year after ESO launched. Microsoft and Sony had their own subscription models and would not work with Bethesda/ZoS over this issue, so ZoS made the decision to change it so console players would not have to pay 2 subs. It did not fail miserably, it was because of MS and Sony.

I have subbed since day 1. 3/30/14.. still sub and never missed a day.
    I do not sub for the crafting bag alone, which you seem to think is the only reason to sub.
    10% Gold increase, 10% XP gain, 1650 crowns a month (which is equal to the cost!), double housing item caps. double bank space, all DLC access, etc.
    You seem extremely biased about ESO+ being all about a crafting bag that you seem to feel entitled to.
    I spend more on a 12 pack of Ale than my sub costs.
    Your analogy of a "crippling disease" is border line drama queen...
    My 2 drakes...
    Huzzah!

Sounds good to me then.

Since crafting bag obviously isn't that big of a deal for your subscription they should go ahead and sell it in the crown store.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. At a cost of, let’s say, 5500 crowns per month or you lose it. o:)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Sure. At a cost of, let’s say, 5500 crowns per month or you lose it. o:)

Crowns cost .0071 cents per crown.

5500 crowns is $39.05 a month.

No thanks.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    No, what we really need is to get rid of all the players that don't put any money into the game and are putting such a strain on the servers.

The players that don't sub still put a lot of money into the game. Most of the money comes from housing and cosmetic purchases just like games that have any subscription at all. They don't need the craftbag subs to continue the game or pay for the game. It's just milking as much profit as they can get as the expense of the quality of life of the game in general. It's greed crossing the line. Cutting out non-sub players will just make ESO a dead game and immediately cost ZOS a ton of revenue they won't be able to get back. The performance will still be terrible as well because its clear at this point its the fundamental design of the game that is to blame for the performance issues, not server strain.

I support the idea of a craftbag (even a limited one) not being behind a sub wall. My opinion will never change about this and I am not going to stop pushing for it. It would be better for the game. I struggle with the inventory for about an hour every day even with addons and 16 characters and storage chest, but I'd rather do that than to give in to their shameful teasing me with their craftbag or quitting just because I don't want to pay a monthly bill for it. But really none of the players should be put in that situation. And if anyone keeps insisting it is how it should be than I am going to keep saying "No, it's not." I am not going to be shouted down about this issue.

If you consider my attitude to be "entitled", fine. I am actually entitled to make own choices. I am not entitled to be given what I want, but I am entitled to say what I think I should have and what pleases me and what displeases me about the game. I don't think that is against the TOS to have an opinion and disagree with certain things. I have the played the game religiously for going on 4 years I think I am entitled to have an opinion about it's aspects.

Will they ever make a change to the craftbag system? I don't know. I doubt it. It's a matter if they when will stop letting their greed getting in the way of making the game experience better for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I like just about everything about this game. This is just one of the very few things that REALLY bothers me. Sorry if me being bothered by it bothers anyone else.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on August 24, 2019 7:51PM