The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just bought this, launcher stuck loading

Ironmind91
Ironmind91
Soul Shriven
I just got this game yesterday through steam and no matter what I try, my launcher is stuck loading. I don't have any option to click on anything just loading forever. Things I've tried:

1. Reinstalled the game 3 times now
2. Deleting program data and installing again
3. Launching the game via the .exe but as soon as I try and log in it tells me to close the game and update WHICH I CANT!!!
4. Launching the launcher via the .exe as admin but get the same result.
5. I don't have an antivirus installed anyway so I haven't bothered making a firewall exception
6. Some people say using a vpn helps but I'm not about to go and buy something in the hope that the original thing I paid for will work, that's ridiculous.

I'm all out of idea's and patience now, I shouldn't have to do any of this garbage for a game I just paid for >:(

Yes I've tried google, all I can find are other people with the same issue. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm >< this close to getting a refund tbh.
  • Oolou
    Oolou
    ✭✭✭
    Would be lovely to see a response to this. Trying to come back to the game. Brand new laptop bought. Exact same issue.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You made a mistake buying it on steam my friend. That snip always causes people headaches. If I were you, I would refund on steam if you can still refund, and buy it on elderscrollsonline.com or anywhere else. But make sure its not steam version.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on August 23, 2019 8:18AM
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You made a mistake buying it on steam my friend. That snip always causes people headaches. If I were you, I would refund on steam if you can still refund, and buy it on elderscrollsonline.com or anywhere else. But make sure its not steam version.

I have no problems at all running through Steam.
  • DJ_TYR
    DJ_TYR
    ✭✭
    You won't get any help from zos. My wife has the exact same issue & we've tried everything like you w/ no success.

My recommendation, get your money back & find another game. I've had the necro block bug since elsweyr w/ no help & fixes. This company is only after your money. Once they have it, good luck.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DJ_TYR wrote: »
    You won't get any help from zos. My wife has the exact same issue & we've tried everything like you w/ no success.

My recommendation, get your money back & find another game. I've had the necro block bug since elsweyr w/ no help & fixes. This company is only after your money. Once they have it, good luck.

This pretty much
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ---
    Edited by Idinuse on August 23, 2019 10:55AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭

I've got no issues running on Steam.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second this. Steam sucks for this game. I repurchased it a few years ago and am very happy I did. It just adds to the many issues this game already has.