Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

[Jewelry Master Writs] What is the highest cost per voucher at which you would do a writ

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭

[Jewelry Master Writs] What is the highest cost per voucher at which you would do a writ 15 votes

more than 800
0%
0%
13%
thermaticoTatanko 2 votes
20%
mertustaAnnomaander_Rakericklaverd 3 votes
33%
wolfie1.0.ecruJawshoeuhPizzaCat82Equaton 5 votes
20%
SuddwrathFeric51simox 3 votes
0%
0%
6%
Iruil_ESO 1 vote
less than 100
6%
Bomber293 1 vote
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only one's I have issue with now are the ones requiring triune to complete, at least for blue quality. The blues and purples I have received other than triune needed have all seemed fine although only time will tell. If people actually start doing them then the demand for the upgrade mats will go higher possibly tipping jc back out of desire to complete anything higher quality than blue.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price per writ to do depends completely upon the market.

I play on PC/NA. In general, items from the writ voucher vendor sell for between 650-800 g/voucher (new items may sell for more, as demand is high).

I like to make a little profit, so I'd set it at 550 g/voucher personally, since I have everything I need from the vendor.

On other servers/platforms, this number may be completely different.

However, if you're doing the writs to buy things yourself, the "profit" isn't part of the calculation, so it's worthwhile to do a writ that costs 750g/voucher if your only other choice is to buy it from somebody selling it at 800g/voucher from the vendor.

If you're worried about your time spent to get vouchers. You can do 1 gold master jewelry crafting writ for 500+ vouchers, or you can do 100 5-6 voucher BS/WW/Cloth epic master writs. Yes you'll save some gold doing the 5-6 voucher ones, but at a cost of significantly more time.

It is WAAAAY to complicated to answer in a simple poll.

I personally don't do Triune/Hakeijo/Perfect Roe master writs. Yet, I'm able to sell them all quickly, so somebody is doing them.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget they upped the upgrade mat rewards in writs, @Runs.

May not counter-balance the demand enough to an equilibrium ... but I don’t think it’s high enough to tip players back out of doing master writs.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Well I didn't want one poll per platform so I just threw up something to get the ball rolling.
    Just seems that even with the reduced cost per writ now that the payouts are much higher, people are talking about still not doing them.
    And now that the voucher payout has gone UP, it's going to be hard for ZOS to pull it back down later for whatever reason. People don't like things "taken away" from them.

I also see the guild stores haven't changed. The first page of "All Items" is still a full page of pre-update purple writs. So maybe some people are doing them at a very high cost. Otherwise people wouldn't list them at all (?).
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 23, 2019 6:41PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Well I didn't want one poll per platform so I just threw up something to get the ball rolling.
    Just seems that even with the reduced cost per writ now that the payouts are much higher, people are talking about still not doing them.
    And now that the voucher payout has gone UP, it's going to be hard for ZOS to pull it back down later for whatever reason. People don't like things "taken away" from them.

I also see the guild stores haven't changed. The first page of "All Items" is still a full page of pre-update purple writs. So maybe some people are doing them at a very high cost. Otherwise people wouldn't list them at all (?).

There are probably some people trying to "scam" (probably not the right word) people to buy their old jewelry writs that are essentially worthless, to people who confuse them with the new ones, which are, in general, worth doing. People did the same thing right when summerset launched, by selling jewelry that couldn't be deconstructed in the guild stores. To that... buyer beware, make sure you know what you're buying.

The new jewelry writs are not "better" than those that dropped before from the other crafts. at 350-500g/voucher (for all buy Triune), they aren't going to drastically alter the per-voucher cost of doing writs on a large scale. I've gotten over 30 of the new jewelry writs already, 29 have been blue, 1 gold. So it appears the drop rates of the purple/gold ones is fairly low, which will also help avoid voucher inflation.

I do also notice that I have a shortage of Iridium Platings. I'm getting a lot of iridium from my daily writs, but it's not enough to keep up with the master writs I get, so I do forsee the prices on those going up some... perhaps from 4k a piece, to 5-6k a piece. This will bring the per voucher cost up some to the 450-600 range, which while still profitable, isn't going to dramatically alter the selling price of items from the writ vendor, since people aren't going to want to operate at a loss.

The "best" value of the master writs are still the 2 voucher enchanting, provisioning, and alchemy writs. These have costs in the 40-70g/voucher range. But they are so small in value that they also do not have a dramatic effect. (In fact, you can sell many of these for well over 1k per voucher in the guild stores, because they are a great way of leveling up a character quickly, and to level skills when you have to change the morph)

The other "best" ones are the Legendary Nirnhoned Weapons from BS and WW. These have voucher values in the 200-450 voucher range at a cost of only 150-300 g/voucher. But they are so rare to receive that they too don't affect the market.

Thus, in conclusion, I think ZoS did a pretty good job at hitting a "sweet spot" in the voucher values. The Iridium (Superior) ones, are probably going to go up in cost, as the supply of Iridium gets used up, so the cost increases, but to a reasonable level. The added drops of Zircon and Chromium (in doubles) are going to have the supply of those be high enough for the rare Epic and Legendary jewelry master writs to be worth doing (even the Triune ones).
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are probably some people trying to "scam" (probably not the right word) people to buy their old jewelry writs that are essentially worthless, to people who confuse them with the new ones, which are, in general, worth doing.

But that many writs posted suggested that the "scam" does work and with good frequency -- meaning people are actually buying them to actually do them? These aren't even top-payout writs. You'd either have to be completely ignorant of costs, or for some reason don't care, to not even look for a top-payout on epic master writs.
    Which I suppose is not impossible though it boggles the mind.

Unless posting junk to fill slots has another purpose whether they sell or not.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 23, 2019 9:18PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    There are probably some people trying to "scam" (probably not the right word) people to buy their old jewelry writs that are essentially worthless, to people who confuse them with the new ones, which are, in general, worth doing.

But that many writs posted suggested that the "scam" does work and with good frequency -- meaning people are actually buying them to actually do them? These aren't even top-payout writs. You'd either have to be completely ignorant of costs, or for some reason don't care, to not even look for a top-payout on epic master writs.
    Which I suppose is not impossible though it boggles the mind.

Unless posting junk to fill slots has another purpose whether they sell or not.

I suspect it's the same as the people who sell stacks of alchemy reagents for 5-10x their MM price in a few stalls on PC/NA in big cities. I think they're hoping somebody mis-clicks to buy, or buys in a hurry, or doesn't have their MM on to see how expensive they are. Even if only 5-10% of them end up selling and the rest time out, they're making a huge profit.