Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else still crashing to desktop in PvP?

gabriebe
gabriebe
✭✭✭✭✭
20 minutes in and the same error message window pops up, never used to crash to desktop in the last 3 years and now it's been over 10 times this week and just right now in PvP after a patch that was supposed to fix thar.

Anybody home, ZOS?
Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    20 minutes in and the same error message window pops up, never used to crash to desktop in the last 3 years and now it's been over 10 times this week and just right now in PvP after a patch that was supposed to fix thar.

Anybody home, ZOS?

This is the 2nd thread I have seen today on this and that scares me. I crashed last night in Cyro but that was before the patch so I don't know about today but if it is still doing this I am definitely scared for what's going on.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 3 times last night in about 2 hours total play time. All 3 times crashed to desktop. The previous night I crashed twice. Both of those times crashed to log in screen.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhg. Watching thread to see how many people report the issue. Maybe I will actually attempt to have a life tonight rather than waste my time with this game.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I crashed once after about an hour. It was slight different than before the patch in that the screen froze for about 10 seconds than it crashed to desk top with no error message.

Also ZOS, heavy dot damage and/or channeled abilities are still causing desyncs.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    everyone is crashing - the world is burning
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the patch notes this morning several times and did not see any mention of any fix for the constant crashing in Cyrodiil.
    They did mention they fixed several crash problems caused by the recent update. if the constant crashing in Cyrodiil was one of the fixes well I guess it did not work.

When it will be fixed if at all is anyone's guess. Their game is falling apart.
    Edited by Palidon on August 23, 2019 4:45PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahah. Did we really believed that would be fixed?
    Now those errors are deep inside game code and nowhere to be found.
    It would be a bit easier to use a backup from previous patches, but im not sure if they have it.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since todays patch crashing all the time - pve only
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Was in Cyrodiil for all of five minutes and crashed. Never had crashes in this game til last patch. bravo.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    I read the patch notes this morning several times and did not see any mention of any fix for the constant crashing in Cyrodiil.
    They did mention they fixed several crash problems caused by the recent update. if the constant crashing in Cyrodiil was one of the fixes well I guess it did not work.

When it will be fixed if at all is anyone's guess. Their game is falling apart.

The patch had a note regarding multiple pets in close proximity causing crashes so I am assuming that is the fix they implemented. But it seems as though that fix did not actually fix the crashes, sigh.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I not surprised? 😂
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crashes are not being caused by the client. They did fix that. The crashes are being caused because sometimes it seems the client doesn’t receive a response from the server before the ttl value expired if 3 of these handshakes are missed eso has an out of sync error and crashes. This error is very much like the old out of sync error crashes in the old age of empires 2/age of mythology rts games that crashed in a similiar manner

It’s probably being caused by the Akamai DDOS scrubbing service which seems to always cause problems anymore
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in all kinds of other contexts. So I switched to fallout 76, where it crashes even more, lol.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is not going to recover from this
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm good to go @gabriebe, but that's because I haven't been on in a few days. I've read other threads saying they were still having the same issues.
    This is zos after all, Gabe
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, crashed three times in one hour. Even more crashes than yesterday before the 'fix'.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't crashed yet, but if I die, I end up in a 4-5 min load screen. Not to mention doors being bugged, map not updating correctly etc. Would be nice if Cyro actually worked for once....
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, Alliance War menu blank for several mins now stuck in loading screen trying to tp to a keep. Same old, same old.

Absolute joke.
  • Rhandee235
    Rhandee235
    ✭✭✭
    OK. The game was basically unplayable in NA PC PVP the last week or so. Huge number of crashes. I submitted the offered report many of the times, and was not very civil by last night. This morning, I went into Cyrodiil and played for an hour or two with no crashes. The servers weren't locked, but there was a series of very large fights with an adventurous DC group that wanted our stuff as well as a Hammer run that generated some bigger fights. Sorry to hear many are still having problems, but they at least made some excellent progress, in my experienced today.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played yet today but I logged on this morning before work and zone chat was a mixed bag, with some saying it was fixed and some saying it wasn’t.

People who are claiming it isn’t fixed need to check their addons and make sure they’re not out of date. This is usually the biggest cause of increased crashing after a patch (other than ZOS-introduced bugs).
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 23, 2019 8:24PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also was crashing. And apart from it again small delay guild chat, cyro càmpaiĝns not showing up, etc..
    Edited by Cinbri on August 23, 2019 8:58PM
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, petsorcs fixed, you can again enjoy pvp
    (that was pets making ppl crash as zos said)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working OK for me. Had a couple of the old, crash to login in large fights that have been normal for a long time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The v5.1.7 patch that we've released has resolved an issue that was leading to server crashes over the past week. Since there are multiple discussions ongoing about crashes in Cyrodiil or battlegrounds, we will be closing this thread. If you are still encountering crashes while playing ESO, please post in the thread linked below.

I keep crashing to desktop in Cyrodiil...
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.