Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get a double drop event for vDSA?

msalvia
msalvia
✭✭✭✭
It's the worst 4-person farming experience--it takes forever even with a good group (about 1 hour), and everyone knows how hard it it is to pug given all the 6-8k dps pvp players who get into groups (no offense to pvpers who actually gear up for pve, you aren't who I'm talking about; I'm talking about the SnB/2h dudes who do 40k in the first 5 seconds and 5k for the rest of the fight). I know it can't necessarily be monetized like the vMA double drop/Wrothgar event, but given that Master's Bows are now meta they should throw us a bone.

And all the people that sell carries can charge double, there'll be more motivation to kick the dead weight in pugs, and might actually motivate some decent players to actually run this excessively long trash fest.

Downside: a vDSA as laggy as vMA this past week would make me tilt too hard.

Alternative: WTB skip to end boss crown token if the whole group has clears. This one might actually happen!

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be awesome. vDSA is long and you need a committed group. Upside is that Alcast has made the Master's Bow the new meta for stam builds, so there will be more groups out there
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be great!

I love vDSA. With a good group is a great content, but it is indeed really long and the drops can be painful.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't mind it either IF the group is competent and I have 1 / 1.5 hours to burn. It's actually pretty fun to tank. That's rare though, and I'm sick of swapping weapons between toons!

I do really like that vDSA is actually dropping useful PvE weapons (for once). I'm hoping group quality goes up as a result (though I could see it having the opposite effect).
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slight correction, Master's Resto has been a PvE staple (forgive me, I almost never heal).
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha, nope.

Just because suddenly Master's Bows are BiS for PvE AND PvP does not mean that a double drop event is needed. Farm it like the rest of us who farmed out Master Bow/Destro Staff/Daggers for PvP beforehand. Or pay for carries. Or double up when the RNG gods bless the Weekly boards and DSA is the weekly.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I've got 2+ of everything from there, I already did "farm it like the rest of us." Doesn't change the fact that 1) it sucks to farm and 2) a double event drop would be awesome. They literally JUST HAD A DOUBLE DROP EVENT for vMA, and that's quite a bit easier to farm since I don't need to rely on three other people to do their roles.

However, I do love the assumption that, because I think an event for vDSA would be cool and that farming it could be made easier for a week or something, that I'm a trash player. But what do I expect, it's an internet forum.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Craglorn was added to the game post launch it is not considered a DLC as it is part of the base game. The events that have double drops are essentially promotions for the DLC to try to sell access to them to more players.

In other words, every doubtful.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Hahahaha, nope.

Just because suddenly Master's Bows are BiS for PvE AND PvP does not mean that a double drop event is needed. Farm it like the rest of us who farmed out Master Bow/Destro Staff/Daggers for PvP beforehand. Or pay for carries. Or double up when the RNG gods bless the Weekly boards and DSA is the weekly.

It needs a double drop event not because it just made BiS, but because vMA has it and vBP will likely have it too.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be awesome. It’s not that the content is hard. It just takes forever...... the vDSA traffic would skyrocket and breath new life into it
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »
    Hahahaha, nope.

It needs a double drop event not because it just made BiS, but because vMA has it and vBP will likely have it too.

The only reason they get double drops is because they're part of a DLC that ZOS wants to sell during the event. Why would they do it for content that won't generate sales?
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha, nope.

The only reason they get double drops is because they're part of a DLC that ZOS wants to sell during the event. Why would they do it for content that won't generate sales?

Because money isn't everything.

Craglorn had a launch date too and can be even considered the precursor to the "Chapter" model.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They really should have a Craglorn event at some point. At least the event that game motifs for arenas and trials brought new blood to Craglorn.
    Hahahaha, nope.

Yet there are events that don't require any DLC. But I guess you want to try to make everything about ZOS trying to make money.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Craglorn suppose to be a DLC but due to launch they released it to everyone.

I don’t know how they would do a Craglorn event cause double nodes would be crazy for the Nirncrux market. But one could hope for a double vDSA
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to the other 2pc set weapons, vDSA is laughably easy. It takes an hour with 3 DPS, and if its the weekly you can get a 2nd drop from the leaderboard reward too.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm double drop nirncrux....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L O L!

Cracks me up every time I hear someone say VDSA is easy now. 1 hour? Wishful thinking. You better set aside 2.

Nice try, but I don’t see it happening because there’s nothing to be gained for ZOS.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha, nope.

They do events for world bosses, dungeons, and crafting. They do an event that has you fish in Shadowfen. They do an event that has you run around a town in Alik'r. Every. Single. Year. Until this year, there were Cyrodiil events, TWICE A YEAR, that had PVPers whining more than they usually do.

So yeah, it would make sense to do a vDSA event. Seeing as it would be easier to implement and a smaller scale than these others. And yeah, I too farmed out that place like everyone else. Doesn't make us heroes.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome. vDSA is long and you need a committed group. Upside is that Alcast has made the Master's Bow the new meta for stam builds, so there will be more groups out there

Alcast made it LOL OMG that's the funniest think i heard all day.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »

Alcast made it LOL OMG that's the funniest think i heard all day.

Just stating facts. Like it or not, some people treat that guy/site like the Bible. If he says you need the Master's Bow, people will roll over to Craglorn looking for VDSA runs.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they never have before and they probably won't just because one drop from there is now bis for pve stamdps. As great as that would be considering how ass it is to farm.

that being said, vma bow with endless isn't really THAAAT far behind in terms of dps. I believe at max dps the difference was 3 or 4k iirc?
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    they never have before and they probably won't just because one drop from there is now bis for pve stamdps. As great as that would be considering how ass it is to farm.

that being said, vma bow with endless isn't really THAAAT far behind in terms of dps. I believe at max dps the difference was 3 or 4k iirc?

Agreed. But I'm guessing you're like me and don't spend all day parsing for that magic number. I feel the game is more fun when played...