The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You want to know why ESO doesn't have a live audience championship like Fortnite?

The Uninvited
The Uninvited
✭✭✭✭✭
Because no audience wants to look at a loading screen for 8 hours!
Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL,
    But the real reason is that ESO does not require any true skill at a certain point.
    True skill-gap does not exists in ESO.
    It's all about sets, builds, and numbers.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a goodbye? Good. We dont need negative players here.
    ESO is a huge world and fortunatly its player base isnt toxic as Fortnite.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    We dont need negative players here

You're absolutely right! But what do we need? Hmm, let's see... better performance perhaps?????
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joke doesn't work because it makes no sense to have a championship in the first place and the interest in ESO streams in general is not very high. When you have to ask "championship in what?", there is probably no point in having a championship.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Joke doesn't work because it makes no sense to have a championship in the first place and the interest in ESO streams in general is not very high. When you have to ask "championship in what?", there is probably no point in having a championship.

Give me a break, I made the topic while I was in a 25 minute (no exaggeration) loading screen on Monday evening.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    LOL,
    But the real reason is that ESO does not require any true skill at a certain point.

What he said, the first couple of years the game was skillbased af, it was great. But slowly and surely the game has become item based, meta is itemization. Your sets matter more to your overall power then anything else. And its going more and more in that direction sadly..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    LOL,

What he said, the first couple of years the game was skillbased af, it was great. But slowly and surely the game has become item based, meta is itemization. Your sets matter more to your overall power then anything else. And its going more and more in that direction sadly..

Oh, I can agree on this part completely. I even miss old overland difficulty and the old Craglorn for that matter.

But I miss performance the most.

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares ? Fortinite sucks.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ba-Dum Tssssss
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL,

actually the opposite is true what game have you been playing? i can take any 20 or more sets into vMA, vDSA, DNGNs, TRIALs etc and my experience and practice with my character will get me thru them, in most cases quite easily. Same for PvP.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Who cares ? Fortinite sucks.

ESO isn't very far from that in it's current state.

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    LOL,

actually the opposite is true what game have you been playing? i can take any 20 or more sets into vMA, vDSA, DNGNs, TRIALs etc and my experience and practice with my character will get me thru them, in most cases quite easily. Same for PvP.

I guess u havent reached the "competetive" part of the game.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a fortnite?
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    What will they fight? Crashes? Lags? Devs?
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL,

The problem is more that there is no game-mode that allows for competition. The game isn't balanced around duels so the balance in those is horrible and it's generally quite boring to watch (and at least for me also to boring to play).

I think Battlegrounds would have quite some potential in terms of competition if the queue system wouldn't be so horrible. But 3 4-man premades in a Capture-The-Flag mode where you need to coordinate and split up should allow for very good competition.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Sanct says, no competition.

Also, Fornite is played by pre-teens and ESO, for the main, isn't. I wonder how many ESO players have ever even tried it? I haven't and I class myself as a real multi-gamer playing 5-6 at a time.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL,

It's true, I once fought someone using a broken build and after 30 minutes of outplaying him and nearly killing him 19 times (in LA with only 9K resists and no shields btw), I just gave up and let him have the kill because he had a literal numerical advantage and there was nothing I could do vs it.

Watching him get healed by his stupid hp regen build and warden hp% heal, all while hitting like a truck and taking barely any damage from a near-glass build like me the whole time made me realize the game is not competitive and its better to have fun and build whatever the hell you want.

Even if they had a tournament, it would just be filled with cheese or builds using overlooked and/or broken combinations. Actually it would be madness.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    LOL,

The problem is more that there is no game-mode that allows for competition. The game isn't balanced around duels so the balance in those is horrible and it's generally quite boring to watch (and at least for me also to boring to play).

I think Battlegrounds would have quite some potential in terms of competition if the queue system wouldn't be so horrible. But 3 4-man premades in a Capture-The-Flag mode where you need to coordinate and split up should allow for very good competition.

Bgs are so underrated, been good to see you active there
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    LOL,

Bgs are so underrated, been good to see you active there

Problem with BG IMO is that it's no CP. as a no cp hater I really don't enjoy BGs that much, but let's be real, it'll be a *** show with cp enabled. Probably not in low MMR but in the mid to high MMR it would be quite horrible
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is on a 6 year plan to morph into a turn based game. Once the transformation is complete, there will be major tournaments. Just be patient, we're almost there. In the meantime, enjoy the newly re-skinned camel in the crown store for the ultra low price of just 3500 crowns.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real time action of players furnishing a house. That’s the only championship stream I want to watch.