Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea free of charge

Ash_In_My_Sujamma
Ash_In_My_Sujamma
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is an idea free of charge. Put a checkpoint before the final boss of every group dungeon, that requires all group members to confirm before they can engage with it. It takes 1 idiot to waste 3 people's time, experience scrolls and make a new players rage quit at lvl 10.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be impossible to implement because not everyone want to fight the last boss. It destroys player immersion, experience and quest logs.
    So, Have a guild or friends in game. They will provide the help you require.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to fight the last boss, leave the group before the checkpoint. How is it impossible?
    Also, what if I want to solo queue? My friends aren't always online. What if I want to explain to someone in the chat the boss mechanics and someone starts the fight withought communicating? What if I get stuck behind a door (cough cough WS) and someones pulls the boss? What then? Isn't that breaking your immersion? Isn't that messing your experience?
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's impossible because ESO hasn't updated the game to make it more of an MMORPG like in WoW or FFXIV. You have PF ( Party Finder in FFXIV ), where players will know where you are currently because you have posted it on the PF.

In ESO, all you have to do is queue. The player that joins the group, ( assuming he has a quest to complete in that current dungeon) would be unhappy to reach the end boss without completing the required task given to him.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    It's impossible because ESO hasn't updated the game to make it more of an MMORPG like in WoW or FFXIV. You have PF ( Party Finder in FFXIV ), where players will know where you are currently because you have posted it on the PF.

In ESO, all you have to do is queue. The player that joins the group, ( assuming he has a quest to complete in that current dungeon) would be unhappy to reach the end boss without completing the required task given to him.

I think you misunderstand the OP. He's suggesting that when a 4-man group gets all the way through a dungeon, regardless of whether someone needed/does the quest or not, the game should do a "ready-check" before the final boss fight to make sure all players want to start the boss fight. Would be a nice feature to have a chance to hit the hard-mode scroll before someone attacks, or explain mechanics first, but not the most necessary QoL suggestion I've seen. I can see why it would be helpful though, especially for pug groups.

Alternatively, you could just type "1 sec please" and hope they don't aggro.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Vanos444 wrote: »

I think you misunderstand the OP. He's suggesting that when a 4-man group gets all the way through a dungeon, regardless of whether someone needed/does the quest or not, the game should do a "ready-check" before the final boss fight to make sure all players want to start the boss fight. Would be a nice feature to have a chance to hit the hard-mode scroll before someone attacks, or explain mechanics first, but not the most necessary QoL suggestion I've seen. I can see why it would be helpful though, especially for pug groups.

Alternatively, you could just type "1 sec please" and hope they don't aggro.

Oh! Yes, I did misunderstood the post due to the word "check point".
    Yes, OP! Basically, the last boss must have a ready-check feature before engaging him in combat because an invisible wall is present before entering his domain, until everyone votes ready.
    Edited by Vanos444 on August 21, 2019 10:06PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would just lead to more troll situations than fixes. Give the power to any one player to completely halt progress and you have a potential disaster. ALWAYS consider all outliers and trolls fall into this category.

Troll + 1 friend queue for dungeon and ready check fails at end boss repeatedly. You can't boot them as you don't have a majority. Dungeon is dead. You basically have to wait for them to get bored and leave (trolls rarely get bored of trolling) or leave and hope the next group doesn't do the same thing.

All this because you can't open your inventory and pop a scroll.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would just lead to more troll situations than fixes. Give the power to any one player to completely halt progress and you have a potential disaster. ALWAYS consider all outliers and trolls fall into this category.

Troll + 1 friend queue for dungeon and ready check fails at end boss repeatedly. You can't boot them as you don't have a majority. Dungeon is dead. You basically have to wait for them to get bored and leave (trolls rarely get bored of trolling) or leave and hope the next group doesn't do the same thing.

All this because you can't open your inventory and pop a scroll.

Ok then, add a timer to the checkpoint. 2 minutes and you can aggro the boss withought the use of the ready check.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to fight the last boss, leave the group before the checkpoint. How is it impossible?
    Also, what if I want to solo queue? My friends aren't always online. What if I want to explain to someone in the chat the boss mechanics and someone starts the fight withought communicating? What if I get stuck behind a door (cough cough WS) and someones pulls the boss? What then? Isn't that breaking your immersion? Isn't that messing your experience?

That's not the way I'm interpreting this.I think he is saying that there should be a ready that requires only a majority before the boss can be engaged.I can see where he is coming from too,and it has nothing to do with desire fight the final boss.I see it to more so ensure that it isn't a complete wipe cause of a trigger happy tank/dps.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Form your own group. You are asking for randomness in every aspect when you have a computer form the group for you. We do not Zos to hold our hands with every aspect of the game.

Before someone says they are not requesting Zos hold our hands as we play the game. This idea, if implemented, means that every quest interactive would have this type of checkpoint and would make dungeoning absolutely absurd because someone said they were ready to do a dungeon but when it came down to they want to inconvenience the entire group and blame it on someone else.
    Edited by idk on September 6, 2019 11:19PM
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Form your own group. You are asking for randomness in every aspect when you have a computer form the group for you. We do not Zos to hold our hands with every aspect of the game.

Before someone says they are not requesting Zos hold our hands as we play the game. This idea, if implemented, means that every quest interactive would have this type of checkpoint and would make dungeoning absolutely absurd because someone said they were ready to do a dungeon but when it came down to they want to inconvenience the entire group and blame it on someone else.

I am having trouble understanding what you typed there buddy. But still I am going to try to answer.
    Zos is dragging you by the hand at this point in most aspects of the game, not just holding it. Adding a checkpoint before the final boss is not hand holding at all. It's more like entering a seperate instance to complete a dungeon or need/greed mechanic.
    There is a huge gap between holding hands in a game and completely leaving your players with broken or half thought mechanics over the past 5 years. Anyway, not my problem anymore.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an idea free of charge. Put a checkpoint before the final boss of every group dungeon, that requires all group members to confirm before they can engage with it. It takes 1 idiot to waste 3 people's time, experience scrolls and make a new players rage quit at lvl 10.

Good idea like itt helps low levels who is questing. High levels can use the checkpoint to explain mech´s, first time runner´s can ask question.

Love it go ahead Zos