The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healer Gameplay yields more Alliance Points?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I just got done wasting a couple hours in Campaign with my Healer as i was in a supportive mood. Toward the end after i helped push back a siege at Ales i checked my AP and i was almost at 100k. I had barely done much, just healing friendlies, throwing support dmg here and there, captured only like, 3 keeps and an outpost. Ive done MUCH more on my Stamblade Brigadier and end my sessions with half as much. And i actually enjoying playing support.

I think im gonna kit my Healer out with a full PvP build now. If Healing gives out more/bigger ticks, i think i found my calling.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends. Healers tend to get a little extra for healing in skirmishes, but we also don't generally tag as many enemies with damage in fights.

When I run with my guild on my healer, I get around the same amount as the other players. Its not a dramatic increase from healer AP.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be in a proactive group that wins fights, contribute damage as well and you'll do well.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, i think its setup well to encourage healing. I started PvP healing for just that reason then found how much i enjoyed it. My mains still a DD but it def encouraged me to try something else.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t play a healer, but I’ve been under the impression that healers pull in more AP by a fairly respectable margin. Is that true?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked up PvP Healer builds, (of course an Alcast one was top..) and it featured a 1H&S front bar. I don't get why that's such a prevalent weapon choice, even for Magic builds. I tried it and it went horribly, I'm just going to stick with my PvE Resto/Shock setup, it feels more natural to use my PvE rotation anyway. I did switch out my sets for Transmutation and Seducer, put more points into Resistant and now my Crit Resist and Magic Recovery is through the roof.

I think that moment the other day that spurred me into this had to be a rare occurrence. It was off hours and the Reds that were on were very capable AND willing. Once Prime Time comes and the "popular kids" log on all Red does is trash talk in chat and sit around keeps letting randoms do the fighting for them. No coordination, no leaders, no pushes, no help. It was difficult for me to support anything always being outnumbered, zerged down etc.
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    Be in a proactive group that wins fights, contribute damage as well and you'll do well.

I don't have a Guild, not anymore anyway. And Reds almost never accept LFGs cause they stay with their own known groups.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam Mutagen meme
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had an 80k tick from defending Ales before, maybe that's where your AP came from?
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    Spam Mutagen meme

except is not a meme anymore ;)
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some time (about 3 months) I used to main a 0-damage zerg healer build in Cyro. It was a lot of fun, before the healing springs nerfs.

That was pre-Elsweyr, so it was the usual kind of healer gameplay at the time: spam springs and mutagen mostly - it was on a magsorc, so no useful class heals for large groups.
    Transmutation+Julianos. Sustain was not so great, even with pots, so I ended up heavy attacking a bunch when things were getting rough.

The AP gain was quite decent - somewhat above average, perhaps - but nothing spectacular.
    I was getting a lot of AP for enemies killed by other players, who had my mutagen/springs/transmutation ticking on them while damaging the enemy.

As far as I could tell, healing an ally, who then kills an enemy, results in the same AP gain as if you had killed the enemy yourself?
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your healer Breton? Because you get extra AP for that, though not that much,
    I was a healer/dps for 3 years, and now I am just DPS, I make the same AP as before. I have in the past gotten huge defensive ticks at both Ales and Ash, 50k+ and 60k+. I do not use Resto on my back bar, I S&B.
    Edited by Hexquisite on August 24, 2019 1:04AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »
    I don’t play a healer, but I’ve been under the impression that healers pull in more AP by a fairly respectable margin. Is that true?

I don’t think so anymore. I think healers used to get a lot more but they changed it. It’s also based on who you’re healing, if they do well so do you.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    I was a healer/dps for 3 years, and now I am just DPS, I make the same AP as before. I have in the past gotten huge defensive ticks at both Ales and Ash, 50k+ and 60k+. I do not use Resto on my back bar, I S&B.

Argonian, so no Breton bonus for me :)

D tick value seems to be dependent only on the global state of the keep defense, and not on the specifics of the player's actions.
    Many times I've arrived in a keep that was recently UA (ported as soon as possible after keep stopped burning), repaired a wall or a door a few times, and got a def tick for that - even though the fighting was already over.

Healing "in-combat" allies from walls is another good way of leeching def ticks - as far as the game is concerned, you were participating in the fight, even if you didn't deal any damage to the enemies yourself.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Hexquisite wrote: »

Argonian, so no Breton bonus for me :)

D tick value seems to be dependent only on the global state of the keep defense, and not on the specifics of the player's actions.
    Many times I've arrived in a keep that was recently UA (ported as soon as possible after keep stopped burning), repaired a wall or a door a few times, and got a def tick for that - even though the fighting was already over.

Healing "in-combat" allies from walls is another good way of leeching def ticks - as far as the game is concerned, you were participating in the fight, even if you didn't deal any damage to the enemies yourself.

Totally I get defensive AP ticks just for porting in to a keep or outpost without doing anything.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty much all you have to do is go magdps and throw on radiating on your defense bar. Cast it 2-3 times every so often and you get a bunch of AP from healing, while also doing damage and getting kills on your front bar.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am in full heals I am already in a small group so I am getting group XP and cannot say what it is like just running around healing strangers that much. Yes, we end up at keeps where others are some of the time and as such they get healed, but most of the time we are not near anyone unless they are following us.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, group XP/AP works a bit differently, I think it's purely distance-based - if you are close enough to the fight then you are getting rewarded even if you don't do anything.

When I was grouped up at various times, with our "group" being quite badly spread out, frequently I'd get credited for kills of enemies that I could not even see, and the only indication I had that a fight was ongoing was that I was seeing my groupmembers' health fluctuating.

It seems to be the same with objective captures: sometimes I'd arrive too late to a resource being captured, but one or more of my groupmembers were standing on the flag, and I'd also get credit for capturing the resource if I was in its general area (about as close as needed for the scouting quests - coincidence?).

Edit: oh, and one more thing worth mentioning.
    Healing a whole bunch of randoms carries a major risk: if one or more of the players you've healed with a HoT effect engage an enemy with your heal still ticking, it appears that the game officially considers YOU to be "in combat" with those enemies as well.

Usually that is not a major issue, because most of the enemy players tend to die pretty quickly when zerged down.
    The real problem starts if your allies foolishly engage an "unkillable" tank (such as Bubosh), and then YOU are well and truly screwed - the only semi-reliable way to get out of THAT pickle is to die, and even that sometimes fails to help.
    Edited by Major_Lag on August 25, 2019 8:08AM