Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need building materials!

Codeman1976
Codeman1976
✭✭✭
We really need more building materials. We have a few, but there are so many more we need. 2x4s, 2x6, 2x8, 4x4, 6x6 all in various lengths (6’, 10’, 12’) would make a great start. I have noticed we have been getting different textured walls and floors, but we need more of them as well. If this trend of getting different textured walls and floors continue at the current pace it will take ten years to get all the different races styles. I surely hope it doesn’t take anywhere near that long. Please, please give us more building materials. I has gold if yous has materials. Just think of how big of a gold sink it would be.
Thank you for reading.
-Codeman1976
PS4 [NA]
PS4 NA
Codeman1976
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know.

As I said in another thread, about Moon Sugar Meadow, what we really need is walls with doors and windows (or window frames, technically) already built into them.

So, for example, a wall with a front door and two windows (one each side) and another one with a big picture window, or three tall windows in a row and a third one with higher windows, for kitchens and bathrooms.

Walls with internal doors, or doorways, built in would also be nice.

We also need roofs.

...and as you say, we need all of this in both/all available building styles, ASAP.

Not just introduced, gradually, in the next xpac's style, next year, when it's too late for the upcoming plot (and the new masonry colour/style probably won't go with it).

The more integrated items there are, in all styles, the fewer furnishing slots will be required, as well, so the more viable building from scratch on an empty plot becomes.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. In EQ2 having the ability to scale up and down building blocks/planks made them even more useful. Need a bigger platform? Mousewheel up a few clicks. Flooring too big for the space? Mousewheel down a bit. It was so nice.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you op and with the comments above me. I would also like some bigger round floors like the size of the biggest Elsweyr wooden floors we have now but round. I would also love to see some floors with a cut out section so that when we build a second floor it already has the cut out for where the stairs go.

For example; I built another level on my summerset golden gryphon room. Unfortunately I had to use more that one floor panel (which uses up spaces) just to get that cut out shape so i could then place a ramp going up to the level. The flooring I used was big enough to fit the whole upstairs but afcourse i had to get into the room right? So I had to use either 2 or 3 wooden floors to achieve the opening at the top.

Floors with cut out section to fit stairs or ramp thank you
    Round floors too...some with cut out section for stairs . Please Zos and thank you.

Edited by wishlist14 on August 18, 2019 7:05AM
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Agreed. In EQ2 having the ability to scale up and down building blocks/planks made them even more useful. Need a bigger platform? Mousewheel up a few clicks. Flooring too big for the space? Mousewheel down a bit. It was so nice.

also I miss the means to actually save specific décor layout and to load back and forth.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly when the devs add a new house, its a copy and paste. I don't want to be overly critical but we are always going to struggle to get the tools we need for creative freedom from a team that believes its acceptable to charge $£€100 for a copy paste home. I appreciate that devs have made good progress with the Elsweyr editions in structural items but sometimes it feels like pulling teeth trying to get the housing team to move forward! I mean housing has been out for over 2 years and we still don't have a roof!!! C'mon... house - roof!!!
    I've never seen a housing dev pass any comment on even one of the many, many outstanding and amazing creations from this community. It's starting to become clear that the housing team do not have much interest in creativity! That's why they generally give us copy and paste homes and are painfully slow giving us structural items to facilitate community creativity.
    I really am sorry if that sounds harsh but after 2 years of housing, the efforts have been poor, especially when weighed against the obscene amounts of money that they charge for same efforts :(
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with walls and floors with ready-positioned windows/cut outs is that would severely limit choice of internal layout.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    Eirinin wrote: »

also I miss the means to actually save specific décor layout and to load back and forth.

Omg. Yes. Agree 100%. It was great to share ways of carpeting/redoing the floors/building new rooms with friends.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Mostly when the devs add a new house, its a copy and paste. I don't want to be overly critical but we are always going to struggle to get the tools we need for creative freedom from a team that believes its acceptable to charge $£€100 for a copy paste home. I appreciate that devs have made good progress with the Elsweyr editions in structural items but sometimes it feels like pulling teeth trying to get the housing team to move forward! I mean housing has been out for over 2 years and we still don't have a roof!!! C'mon... house - roof!!!
    I've never seen a housing dev pass any comment on even one of the many, many outstanding and amazing creations from this community. It's starting to become clear that the housing team do not have much interest in creativity! That's why they generally give us copy and paste homes and are painfully slow giving us structural items to facilitate community creativity.
    I really am sorry if that sounds harsh but after 2 years of housing, the efforts have been poor, especially when weighed against the obscene amounts of money that they charge for same efforts :(

while your not wrong a simple wooden door shouldnt be a hard thing to create new (i disagree on having them intergrated into walls as that does make it more complicated) and windows wouldnt be a hard thing to design either as they already exsist in game we dont need see through ones but more like the dark brotherhood ones would work, but even if they did one a simple square wooden frame again isnt a hard thing to design.

Roofs are another matter and i agree that would probally be more difficult to create but more curved walls would be enougth as i have created roofs using curved walls easily.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    The only problem with walls and floors with ready-positioned windows/cut outs is that would severely limit choice of internal layout.

I agree to an extent, but you could always not use them, if that bothered you and just do what you do now.

Personally, I would rather have slightly fewer layout options, but at least have the option of windows and doors and save massively on furnishing slots.

They could always produce the doors and windows separately, as well, so you could choose whether to use the pre-assembled ones, or custom build with them.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 20, 2019 10:56PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »

while your not wrong a simple wooden door shouldnt be a hard thing to create new (i disagree on having them intergrated into walls as that does make it more complicated)...

How does it make it more complicated?

They can just design plans (so we can craft them) for sections of walls, with doors and/or windows of various kinds in them, in various combinations.

I don't see how that is much more complicated than just designing plans for windows and doors, on their own?

ZoS devs aren't clueless children, they have made some very nice things already.

I'm sure they can cope with this, assuming they are given the opportunity and a little bit of time. :smile:

...and windows wouldnt be a hard thing to design either as they already exsist in game we dont need see through ones but more like the dark brotherhood ones would work, but even if they did one a simple square wooden frame again isnt a hard thing to design.

No, we do need see-through ones, so we can see the beautiful views in places like the new Meadow.

It would be a complete waste to not be able to see it.

They could make opaque ones, in various styles, as well, for places that already have pre-built walls; like the downstairs of the Alinor Townhouse (which should have had them at the front, anyway).

However, we definitely do need transparent/translucent ones for the plots we build on ourselves.

Shouldn't be a problem - they already have greenhouses in Summerset, with translucent windows, so it's clearly (pun intended!) possible:

dtaoygiutoe5.png

q62v9jsgdmev.png

bwxf1h9jf93o.png

A slightly cleaner-looking version would be perfect.

Failing that, empty window frames would be less realistic, but still OK.

Roofs are another matter and i agree that would probally be more difficult to create but more curved walls would be enougth as i have created roofs using curved walls easily.

I don't see how it would be difficult to create sections of each side of a roof?

They could make a few different sizes and we could then join them together to make simple, gabled roofs of various widths and lengths.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 21, 2019 2:53AM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

You could have separate window, door and wall panel sets across the various building styles. This would allow you to mix and match as you wanted too and it open up more style options such as masonry walls with wooden doors or visa versa.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

^This^

I don't think it is such a big effort to add some building blocks from the existing assets, for different racial styles. I would like walls, stairs, roofs, platforms, etc, for each style, not only the current DLC. The devs ignore the housing community, however they love when the same community spends hundreds of dollars on oversized mansions and furniture packs with exclusive furniture!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would take all of minutes to re-skin some stairs or walls in a different colour, its pure laziness (and I presume a money making tactic for future DLCs).
    They just need to add all of the above suggestions to the standard furniture vendor - or even the achievements vendor - in each city.
    It's disgusting how the housing community are largely ignored, even though I presume its where they make their most revenue after initial purchase.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    It’s nice to see I’m not the only one wanting things like this. Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_KaiSchober, @ZOS_BillE, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GaryA and anyone else important, can any of you make any comments on whether we have to wait years for such furnishings that have been requested here and other posts?
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    kaisernick wrote: »

while your not wrong a simple wooden door shouldnt be a hard thing to create new (i disagree on having them intergrated into walls as that does make it more complicated)...

How does it make it more complicated?

They can just design plans (so we can craft them) for sections of walls, with doors and/or windows of various kinds in them, in various combinations.

I don't see how that is much more complicated than just designing plans for windows and doors, on their own?
    Thats the point a simple door can be used for any home where as a wall with a door would have to have multiple designs for each race, its work on one or two items compared to 8 9 or even more.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! 67 normally 90 crowns for the best wooden wall they’ve made so far??

How else can we get “Elsweyr Wall Rough Woode”n? Just the purchase tab???

Also any pictures of the underside of “Elsweyr floor masonry”?
    Edited by max_only on August 27, 2019 11:06PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

@max_only The Elsweyr Wall Rough wooden is also craftable. It's even a green blueprint so not that rare. Made some myself earlier today along with some of the Elsweyr wooden platforms.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 27, 2019 11:53PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think the Elsweyr wall rough wooden can be crafted, and don’t have pics of the floor at this moment in time but the other side is like cobbles/bricked floor without the steps the other side has. (The steps puts me off using them, have one in my ebonheart Chateau but that’s about it)

P.s. just checked my crafter and yes the wooden wall can be crafted, dunno why the fashion site doesn’t mention the ingredients or sources for it though... it’s a woodworking blueprint (green rarity), requiring 5 Heartwood, 4 decorative wax, 1 shimmering sand and 9 pitch per wall.

Edit: it appears I was Ninja’d by a Daedra worshipper in denial (NotaDaedraWorshipper)
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 28, 2019 12:28AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: it appears I was Ninja’d by a Daedra worshipper in denial (NotaDaedraWorshipper)

:o By Mara's marvelous bosom and Akatosh's flame! Lies. Lies and slander! Don't listen to them, I'm a faithful follower of the Divines. Praying every middas and sundas I sure do.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:o By Mara's marvelous bosom and Akatosh's flame! Lies. Lies and slander! Don't listen to them, I'm a faithful follower of the Divines. Praying every middas and sundas I sure do.

Lol just for that response have an awesome You secret Daedra worshipper whose totally not worshipping Daedra 😂😝
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love all of the new building materials we have been getting, but yes, they need to come in different sizes BADLY! It's really hard to create buildings how you want them to be and not use a million slots, because you need to add windows and doors! And that is super hard if you aren't creating a giant mansion, with the sizes of items we currently have! And more styles would of course, be amazing! And more walls like the Murkmire ones, which aren't oddly shaped, with the tops being smaller and differently textured than the bottoms! That also wastes slots, when you have to place walls inside of one another to get a flat surface because they are all weirdly shaped!
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@max_only The Elsweyr Wall Rough wooden is also craftable. It's even a green blueprint so not that rare. Made some myself earlier today along with some of the Elsweyr wooden platforms.

Think the Elsweyr wall rough wooden can be crafted, and don’t have pics of the floor at this moment in time but the other side is like cobbles/bricked floor without the steps the other side has. (The steps puts me off using them, have one in my ebonheart Chateau but that’s about it)

P.s. just checked my crafter and yes the wooden wall can be crafted, dunno why the fashion site doesn’t mention the ingredients or sources for it though... it’s a woodworking blueprint (green rarity), requiring 5 Heartwood, 4 decorative wax, 1 shimmering sand and 9 pitch per wall.

Thank you! Turns out I already knew the wooden wall. I’ve been waiting for this sale to get Imperial tents only for them to be smaller in circumference than the Redguard tents from the Luxury Furnisher 😑
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need windows! I would be fine with those used throughout ESO — not transparent but casting light which moves and brightens and dons along with the time of day! :)
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd also like to see 'working' windows and doors which could be placed in regular structures... open windows/empty frames, those letting light through and real translucent ones would be perfect.
    Well, we'll see.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doors. That fit each racial style of home, so we can have actual doors in our Alinor Townhouse or Ald Velothi Harbor home, etc. And please make the doors scaling because then the door can be rescaled and be a cabinet door (imagine a kitchen with actual open and shut doors on the cupboards!), a closet door, a room door, a lid on a chest we create, a pair of window shutters, a tiny opening for a handmade mailbox...etc.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    dtaoygiutoe5.png

q62v9jsgdmev.png

bwxf1h9jf93o.png

We need these planters! And that dirt! @ZOS_CullenLee , can we have them?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's possible, but this would be amazing. A solid wall and separate pieces for windows and doors. You put the door or window on the wall and, like magic, the door can be opened and walked through or the window can be seen through. Remove the door or window and the wall becomes solid again. That would allow for a lot of creativity in layout and design.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's possible, but this would be amazing. A solid wall and separate pieces for windows and doors. You put the door or window on the wall and, like magic, the door can be opened and walked through or the window can be seen through. Remove the door or window and the wall becomes solid again. That would allow for a lot of creativity in layout and design.

We have prisoners standing on top of the stocks. I have zero faith in them being able to implement this sort of thing.
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    We need dirt!! We need them so planters look the way they should and not empty where you can see flooring or the bottom of the pot/urn used!

@ZOS_CullenLee can this be made to happen as you Devs can use it when creating - would be great if we could as well!
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The selection of building materials is pathetic, especially given there are two properties dedicated to playing around with building stuff.

And almost all of the stuff that IS available is flawed in one way or another.

The scavenged grating doesn't lay flat, so it's impossible to make a nice-looking floor out of it.

The wide scavenged platings are OK, but the pattern makes it hard to use them widely.

The plain scavenged platings are shaded oddly, so when I try to make a wall or floor with them, it's way too apparent that the wall is made out of smaller items.

The Alinor ballroom floors have one uneven surface. The other side is OK, but it's hard to use both. They're also way too thick to use as walls if you want to add a window- as a solid wall, they're fine, but they lack utility. If I want a surface that's not available via a floor or platform, I'm stuck stacking lots and lots of small pieces (Alinor walls, bricks [which I don't use because they're too small]) and using up a ton of furniture slots.

Everything seems to have a flaw that makes it hard to use it widely.

And don't get me started on the lack of doors and windows.

It's like ZOS makes it as difficult and frustrating as possible to custom build things...