The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magnecro mobility

Neloth
Neloth
✭✭✭✭
forum-warriors: "magnecros have no mobility, solo impossible, buff the class"
me: "hold my beer"

an hour later:

1274a5895008e772f31ecdc985bfe770.png

Edited by Neloth on August 20, 2019 3:28PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: moved img to the header
    Edited by Neloth on August 20, 2019 3:28PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every mag class has fine mobility as long as they can sacrifice a skill slot for Race Against Time.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every mag class has fine mobility as long as they can sacrifice a skill slot for Race Against Time.

For BGs yes

For open world solo/duo defenetly no

You will never succefully kilte medium/large groups only with major expedition and 2s snare removal, some additional speed hacks are required
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

For BGs yes

You will never succefully kilte medium/large groups only with major expedition and 2s snare removal, some additional speed hacks are required

LOL! I run swift and Steed too on one build; never got such whispers tho; then again console so we don't automatically go to "hackz"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theres a difference between mobility that comes from Necro skills and being mobile as a Necromancer
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Move in to dot and move out, I like it!
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Theres a difference between mobility that comes from Necro skills and being mobile as a Necromancer

One necro skill, if integrated into the build correctly, provides a lot of mobility, if you have some out of box thinking. But of course, if one has a pattern of thinking "class has no streak, class has no cloak, build is not stamina => it's immobile", he won't be a successful necro, should better play magsorc.

Also, magnecro skills provide options of playing ranged, which makes staying mobile a much easier task. Why? Imagine you've met a group of pugs running around. As a magnecro you can easily blastbones/dot/ult 1 or 2 quickly, and start running away from others if you have to(actually the same as magsorc). Since you were stayed ranged, they won't instantly gap close to you, and with expedition + swift + steed + some additional speed hacks you will easily outrun them, making a few stops to kill those, who were the most dedicated chasers. Now try doing that, on, say, magDK, and enjoy being gap closed from the beginning.

Finally, we're in the era of viable generic skills, since all the weapons/world/guild skills have been buffed to compete with class ones. It means that if your class provide an option, while generic skill provides the same option, you will have to chose, and the choice can be hard.

Examples?

- RaT vs boundless storm (sorcs)
    - wings vs RaT on DKs (dks)
    - force pulse vs class spammables (scull, bird, etc)
    - generic dots vs cripple vs lotus fan (magblade)
    - dk dots vs generic dots
    - etc

Thus, necromancers can have a very complete toolkit with a combination of generic skills and class-unique skills (purge, burst-bones, 3 very good ults, unpurgable dot from pet, very powerful heals, etc), unlike other classes, which have to start sacrificing their class-skills for generic (good luck fitting enough dots and resto heals on, say, magsorc).
    Edited by Neloth on August 22, 2019 4:22AM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rekt.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

For BGs yes

LOL! I run swift and Steed too on one build; never got such whispers tho; then again console so we don't automatically go to "hackz"

Yay, having 2 swift + steed is an important part of my magnecro's mobility, but yet another one exists (cheat engine, according to some guys).

Also, nothing generates more hate whispers then playing in duo with a stamblade friend, and dropping colossus + dawnbreaker from cloak on a group, after they chased you for 5 minutes. Usually it's a complex influx from one of those:

- speed hacks reported
    - got carried by pay2win magnecro (lul, what?)
    - got carried by CP (usually from 750+ CP guys)
    - all you do is cloak cloak cloak
    - all you do is run run run (last 2 ones are a meme from iskras)

You should definitely try that
    Edited by Neloth on August 22, 2019 4:43AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One necro skill, if integrated into the build correctly, provides a lot of mobility, if you have some out of box thinking.

Man, this is killing me trying to solve this riddle.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    One necro skill, if integrated into the build correctly, provides a lot of mobility, if you have some out of box thinking.

My thought when reading it was a reference to grasp for snare and roots. That's what I thought anyway
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My thought when reading it was a reference to grasp for snare and roots. That's what I thought anyway

I think @Neloth is talking about Mortal Coil which replenishes stamina so that you can sprint for free.
    As for snare, roots and CC Remote Totem together with Ghostly Embrace can easily delay and stop even multiple enemies.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

I think @Neloth is talking about Mortal Coil which replenishes stamina so that you can sprint for free.
    As for snare, roots and CC Remote Totem together with Ghostly Embrace can easily delay and stop even multiple enemies.

You are half the way right )

@Waffennacht

In short, I’m about sprinting + expunge and modify. In long:

Mortal coil is an incredible skill for BGs, where shields suck and you have to stack hots and some other defenses. It also helps with generally low stam pool there, plus you can afford being immobile (usually all you have to do is keep up with your group, RaT is enough). Thus, I frequently run mortal coil in BGs, such a good skill.

However, it doesn’t synergise with open world steed + swift build at all, since even in the case when you get a corpse, you’ll be out of its range faster then a zergling can say in discord “crown, that necro colossus-ganked me, help”.

As you guessed right, I heavily utilize sprint: first, my build is for CP,
    and I have a *** of CP in sprint cost reduction. Distributing them I also aim to get both war mount and wind runner, they are very helpful.

In order to sustain sprinting and breaking free, I aim for 14-15k stam, which I achieve using dunmer and 7 prismatic glyphs.

Finally, from necromancer skills I run the expunge and modify morph of our purge: when you start kiting away, you ALWAYS have a dot on you now, so you can easily get some resources on demand - view it as sorc’s dark deal.

In addition, it allows to utilize all types of potions - detect + immov, 3-stat, spell crit. From my experience, if you don’t run expunge, you are forced into drinking 3-stats on cooldown, which mainly reduces your ability to kill cloakblades, since no skills of yours counter stealth.
    Edited by Neloth on August 24, 2019 11:09AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In order to sustain sprinting and breaking free, I aim for 14-15k stam, which I achieve using dunmer and 7 prismatic glyphs.

I'm coming to the opinion that dunmer is the best Necro race. On the stam side, 15K mag and 2100ish spell damage gets some really large intensive mender ticks and mortal coil tooltips. Prior to scalebreaker before they made coil scale from you max stat, I was this close to race changing from nord.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm coming to the opinion that dunmer is the best Necro race. On the stam side, 15K mag and 2100ish spell damage gets some really large intensive mender ticks and mortal coil tooltips. Prior to scalebreaker before they made coil scale from you max stat, I was this close to race changing from nord.

I prefer Imperial for Stamcro in No-CP.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

“Prefer” is a very correct word to use here

Imho, ZoS did a really good job balancing the races, and we have so many good options to supplement our builds in PvP
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently running an imperial magcro. I suspected sustain issues so wanted to at least start with a sustain class. Over sustaining currently.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Imperial was my runner up when I created my necro. Dunmer was the sentimental favorite...I played a Dark Elf necro in EQ for a long time. Necro spells being criminal acts ain't nothing, in EQ the Dark Elf necro was kill on sight by city guards in all but one city for the first few expansions. It also had night vision....a really cool racial passive in a game where you could not see anything at night without a light source.
    Edited by katorga on August 25, 2019 11:47PM
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    @Neloth I was wondering if you tested Prisoners Rags when you made your speedy magCRO, I always felt that could be an annoyingly speedy *** in open world CP
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i have that cheat engine yall be talking about?
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Neloth I was wondering if you tested Prisoners Rags when you made your speedy magCRO, I always felt that could be an annoyingly speedy *** in open world CP

I tested.

It's nice, but I feel like my current setup provides the same mobility, the same sustain, and better dmg.

Though when degeneration and soul trap will be nerfed next patch, most probably I will run prisoners with the following setup:

- blackrose destro
    - prisoners back bar
    - necropotence
    - some dmg-oriented monster helm

Since prisoners allow to efficiently utilise front bar blackrose (which currently I don't need).
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can i have that cheat engine yall be talking about?

Please, contact our official representative of cheat-engine sales department Valentina on PC NA, she will provide you more information about possible options of various cheat engines (including speed hacks, macro hacks, health hacks) and offer you some reasonable prices...

Soon we will also open additional branch offices on other platforms (including XBox and PS), in the case of high demand for our products.
    Edited by Neloth on August 26, 2019 9:23AM