The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How close are the main mundus stones in terms of DPS?

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
I am wondering how close the mundus stones are in terms of DPS. I am currently running the lover, but alcast recommends the shadow, but I feel like I NEED the thief.

As a khajiit staminancer, I already get +10% crit damage, and assume my group would be running penetration buffs and debuffs.

Does it make much dofference in the end?

Best Answers

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on current stats. You may want to find answer yourself with test dummy, its good to know first hand precise numbers on a build.

If you are above 50% crit already I would go shadow.
    Answer ✓
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Below ~45% - Thief
    Above ~55% - Shadow or Warrior
    Between 45-55% - any of the three

Like stated above, best to get on a test dummy and test yourself and see which one complements your gear the best!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Answer ✓
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Below ~45% - Thief
    Above ~55% - Shadow or Warrior
    Between 45-55% - any of the three

Like stated above, best to get on a test dummy and test yourself and see which one complements your gear the best!

Only adjustment I'd put to this: 40% Thief, 41-54% Any but class/race plays a factor (NB/Templar having that extra damage may lean in favor of shadow even at the lower rate), over 55%, Shadow going to pull the best (but the margin between the 3 isn't huge, CP distribution and gear choice as well as rotation can equalize them within 2-3% of each other).
    Answer ✓
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    With the necro, we get 10% extra crit chance for slotting venom skill, blastbones and the flesh atronach to enemies below 25% health. So my current 47% (57% with a crit pot) becomes 77% during execute. I’m still tossing up between shadow and lover, but relieved its not a big difference anyway

That is a slightly different creature. Due to the extra crit chance, and on critical phase (more noticeable on bosses, less on trash packs), you're going to be more inclined towards Shadow. Lover in general loses power very quickly in a proper group vs critical targets, and your CP is going to play a large part, but Shadow allows you to boost up to the 90-100% critical damage area and then allocate CP into other areas to boost the base damage higher via % modifiers instead of weapon/spell damage of Warrior/Apprentice. Thief however becomes almost entirely irrelevant.

Similar happens with magSorc since they can boost their crit rate 10% via skill usage, so they can have a lower gear rated boost.
    Answer ✓
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    One of the simplest tests for different mundus stones is one light attack on a target skeleton. Or one class ability. Then change mundus, repeat and compare. More complex tests involve a complete rotation of both skill bars. And for crit, it may or may not land a critical hit, so you might try 5 light attacks.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the necro, we get 10% extra crit chance for slotting venom skill, blastbones and the flesh atronach to enemies below 25% health. So my current 47% (57% with a crit pot) becomes 77% during execute. I’m still tossing up between shadow and lover, but relieved its not a big difference anyway
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on August 19, 2019 10:30AM
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would strongly suggest using the shadow for a necromancer.

Classes that get no crit bonuses typically run the Shadow in PvE because it's actually a bit over powered at the moment. Classes with crit chance bonuses will get even more value out of it and Necromancers have arguably the best crit chance bonus in the game. Pre-execute you might now see a huge difference between thief, warrior, and shadow. Once you get to execute shadow is going to take a very noticable lead.

The only exception would be possibly running the lover if you know you aren't going to be going over the penetration cap. The most likely scenario for this is if your tank isn't running Alkosh. Even then, I don't think the shadow would be lower by much.