The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Two Orcs walk into a bar...

Tycleton
Tycleton
✭✭✭
... which one walks out magicka and which stays stamina?

I set myself a goal in August to make level 50 on a necromancer. I am thrilled to say I made it. Level 3 - 50 in under 3 weeks! I am a casual solo player and for me this was a structured, disciplined monumental task. I already possess a level 50 templar. Both are stamina based Orcs. I choose to stay firmly in the Orc-Breton-Redguard triangle of races. I want to keep one as a stam based Orc and change the other to a Breton Magicka setup.

Which do I convert? Necromancer or Templar? I want to start dipping my toe into areas of the game outside general questing. What combination of two characters will give me the most mileage? I could even go healer/tank and work on a third character for strict dps. I just want to stay off the alt wheel of re-rolls!

I appreciate any constructive feedback / mentoring.

Thanks,
Tyc
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete them all and roll a Dark Elf Mohawk.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of options.

DPS wise templar is more melee based so better stamina, but makes better healer for magicka.

Necromancer is a "weak" DPS magicka (not great PvP) but has lots range skills.

Heal and tank both as breton or orc would work with varying degrees.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE DPS go magicka templar. Stamplar dps is bottom of the heap. PvP magicka templar is really strong rn but likely to see that change by next patch. Stamplar is harder to play well with but can still be very effective.

I know nothing about necros.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... And they see only orcs & bretons inside the bar. Some of them are vampires.
    ^ This is current racial balance in ESO. ^ :|
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton magicka templar.