The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Leveling Questions

ms_sophysticated
Hello everyone, I currently have 12 characters that I am using to do writs as well as farming. all except for 1 are at lower levels. I am trying to find a way to level them up so that when I go out to farm with them, I won’t get killed so easily. what are some suggestions on how to level up 11 characters so that they kick booty,have the right skills and can get to level 50?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 14, 2019 4:55PM
Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
CHARACTER INFO:
mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • chuckythexii
    chuckythexii
    ✭✭
    If you're goal is to farm, then don't level them because as they grow they out level their gear.

If you want to power level then twink the *** outta them by crafting training gear and upgrading it to blue, maybe purple if you're rich and intend to keep the stuff for a while. Then just pass that gear around as they level.

the most time effective way to power level multiple characters is to do daily dungeon and BG, which will be pretty easy if you twink your characters.

The main quest also provides good XP and more importantly skill points which you will need if you want them to be crafters. Though I would suggest not doing multiple characters crafting the same things because it really is time consuming to level crafting. The best way to level crafting is to deconstruct the loot you get from dungeons.

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I levelled my now lvl 50s simultaneously. This is my formula

I crafted them lvl 5, lvl 10 and level 15 and level 20 gear sets (green) so as they level fast at first I could change their gear and keep levelling. Training gear gives xp. Once they out grow gear sets put into bank for other alt to use. After level 20 i crafted blue gear.

I focused on doing harborage quests
    Psijiic questline
    I joined mages guild, fighters guild, undaunted, thieves guild
    I picked up wayshrines and skyshards and books aswell as mats while doing my psijiic questline
    I did delves for skyshards too, they not hard to solo.
    I also did dungeons as soon as i hit lvl 10
    Did pvp training quest to get my rapid manouvres skill that gives me 30% speed boost which helps when farming
    I also levelled my provisioning and all crafts on all my alts just by cooking food, doing writs and deconing gear i found in chests or from dungeon drops

I now have most of all my 12 characters levelled to 50 and with most skill lines nearly maxed out. And nearly all riding lessons maxed out. It is fun if you focus , relax , enjoy.

Good luck and enjoy the journey. That's the fun part 😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on August 19, 2019 4:51PM
  • ms_sophysticated
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I levelled my now lvl 50s simultaneously. This is my formula

I crafted them lvl 5, lvl 10 and level 15 and level 20 gear sets (green) so as they level fast at first I could change their gear and keep levelling. Training gear gives xp. Once they out grow gear sets put into bank for other alt to use. After level 20 i crafted blue gear.

I focused on doing harborage quests
    Psijiic questline
    I joined mages guild, fighters guild, undaunted, thieves guild
    I picked up wayshrines and skyshards and books aswell as mats while doing my psijiic questline
    I did delves for skyshards too, they not hard to solo.
    I also did dungeons as soon as i hit lvl 10
    Did pvp training quest to get my rapid manouvres skill that gives me 30% speed boost which helps when farming
    I also levelled my provisioning and all crafts on all my alts just by cooking food, doing writs and deconing gear i found in chests or from dungeon drops

I now have most of all my 12 characters levelled to 50 and with most skill lines nearly maxed out. And nearly all riding lessons maxed out. It is fun if you focus , relax , enjoy.

Good luck and enjoy the journey. That's the fun part 😊

This is good. I will give it a try very soon. Thanks
    Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
    CHARACTER INFO:
    mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good list. I did this with 8 characters recently.

Have to mention the dolmen circuit in Alik'r. You can get a lot of xp and do it at any level since there are so many people. Tons of jewelry to help with leveling. Achievements as well.

Depending on your CP, killing the group event boss in public dungeons is a quick way to get needed skill points. Plus every third one you do you get another from shards.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are hardcore like me do this

Get level 8 Blue Training Gear.

Buy Petty Repair Kits for 3 gold each at guild Traders so you can repair your gear for almost free. By doing this you will save around 10K in no repairing you items at merchants

Get rapid maneuvers at level 10 for horse speed.

Then chose an area and to do Dolmens. Ask if any Dolmens groups are in Zone chat or Make your own people usually join. then Hop from one dolmen to the other.

I do it Aurion, but I heard Alikr Deserts is best.

The best part is you dont need any gear, only get gear related Prophets weapons Items from level ups so you can dish out more damage.

I dont even spend any skill points except one in the main 3 skill lines and weapons choice because I wanna have a fresh level 50 char that I can start with.

:D
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do main quests (base game + dlcs), daily random dungeon and dolmen. Those are the main xp givers in-game.

By doing zone main quests you will also acquire skill points.

That's how I level my chars.

Skill points, where to find them:

- Completing quests in the main quest (11 Skill Points)
    - Completing quest chains in the Dominion, Covenant, Pact, and Coldharbour main storylines (49 Skill Points)
    - Completing the Imperial City storyline (1 Skill Point)
    - Completing the Reforging Orsinium storyline (3 Skill Points)
    - Completing the Summerset storyline (3 Skill Points)
    - Completing the Elsweyr storyline (3 Skill Points)
    - Reading the Folium Discognitum (Optional quest reward from Mages Guild quest chain) (2 Skill Points)
    - Completing the primary quest chain of the Thieves Guild storyline (6 Skill Points)
    - Completing the primary quest chain of the Dark Brotherhood storyline (8 Skill Points)
    - Completing the Divine Power, Morag Tong, and House Telvanni quest chains on Vvardenfell (3 Skill Points)
    - Playing or skipping the tutorial quest in the current chapter: Broken Bonds, The Mind Trap, or Bright Moons, Warm Sands (1 Skill Point - only one of these quests can be completed by any given character, and those created prior to Morrowind cannot get any of them.)
    - Completing the primary quest chain of the Clockwork City storyline (8 Skill Points)
    - Completing the primary quest chain of the Murkmire storyline (7 Skill Points)
    - Absorbing skyshards (113 Skill Points, 36 more including all DLCs and Chapters)
    - Ranking up in the Alliance War (50 Skill Points)
    - Completing group challenges in public dungeons (16 Skill Points, 8 more including Orsinium, Vvardenfell, Summerset and Elsweyr)
    - Completing group dungeons (24 Skill Points, one for each completed dungeon storyline quest in the base game, 14 more including those added by Imperial City, Shadows of the Hist, Horns of the Reach, Dragon Bones, Wolfhunter, Wrathstone and Scalebreaker)
    - Completing Orsinium Maelstrom Arena (1 Skill Point)
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 25, 2019 1:46PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    Pretty good list. I did this with 8 characters recently.

Have to mention the dolmen circuit in Alik'r. You can get a lot of xp and do it at any level since there are so many people. Tons of jewelry to help with leveling. Achievements as well.

Depending on your CP, killing the group event boss in public dungeons is a quick way to get needed skill points. Plus every third one you do you get another from shards.

Yes, absolutely this. Almost done leveling another alternate. I do most of the quest lines mentioned above, as well as map running, but it then turns into a time vs. exp thing. Yes, you can get 12k exp from one leg of the Fighter's Guild quest (with a 50% exp scroll) but that will take you about 10-15 minutes. Or...

Once I get to around level 40, I pop a 150% exp bonus scroll and spend the hour running this circuit. Works best in slightly off-hours so you can level Fighter's Guild more effectively. But on average, this gets me 8.5-9.5K per dolmen, but can be up to 12-15K, which is about 1-2 minutes per dolmen, then travel, repeat.

EDIT: Forgot one thing. You get 6 skill points for doing the tutorial in Cyrodiil. No fighting, just learning how to use a catapult. Pretty easy, often forgotten
    Edited by El_Borracho on October 4, 2019 5:30PM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add a bit to the excellent advice above: The first levels go super fast, so I tend to go:
    character creation to level 3,
    dolmen or two => level 4, first crafted sets at level 4,
    do cyrodiil training quest for an easy level, 2 skill points and rapid maneuvers at level 10 (how are you getting 6, El_Borracho?)
    new crafted set at level 20, level 30, level 38, level 44.
    Level one character to the next plateau, then hand the armor down.

Since characters will be a mix of stam and mag, make the crafted sets 5 piece shacklebreaker, 5 piece sloads, 2 piece fortified brass (Innate axiom, Vastaries, and the level reward rings if you are just starting crafting). Use white or green jewelry, blue armor, purple weapons, training where possible. Use blue health food until level 10, buy the battleground food and potions with AP at higher levels. Do all the public dungeon group events for the skill points, do the daily randoms for XP and AP.

Last toons I checked, my /played from creation to level 50 was nine hours using the free exp. scrolls from daily login but no xp boosting events and with all public dungeon skill points acquired. Starting a brand new account will take a bit longer as you'll need to train 3 traits or find a crafting friend, will likely run green / blue gear, and won't have a back-log of XP scrolls from log in rewards.