The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can I beat Mulaamnir solo?

estrong20b14_ESO
In Elsweyr, level 10 Sorcerer. I can't make a dent in that dragon. How can I continue the Elsweyr story?

Best Answers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the need for that, but I've been following the story line and assumed, wrongly I guess, that I could follow it without doing the side quests.

There are many other ways to gain XP (and levels) besides doing side quests, @estrong20b14_ESO.

From the UESP: "Players gain experience from a variety of sources. Killing enemies and helping others kill enemies (including by healing them) give experience so long as you deal at least 3% of the enemy's maximum health in damage (or heal at least 3% of the ally's health[verification needed]). Completing quests, discovering new locations and completing their Objectives, picking locks, and completing World Events also grant experience."

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling#Experience

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 18, 2019 12:50AM
    Answer ✓
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you just don't have enough skills unlocked probably. Its not really a "skill" thing as player skill is concerned, just don't literally have enough skills on your bar. You could heavy attack him to death but it will take a long time
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level would you suggest for a solo Sorcerer?

We don't know your playstyle, @estrong20b14_ESO ...

But, coming back to the quest area to fight the dragon every 5 levels or so shouldn't put you out of your way too much.
    Answer ✓
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is they dump new toons in the latest DLC. You should probably be doing the main quest and/or easier stuff elsewhere before expecting to complete it. It's been raised as an issue many times. I did all of Summerset before starting the main quest.
    Answer ✓
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get more levels
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I can see the need for that, but I've been following the story line and assumed, wrongly I guess, that I could follow it without doing the side quests.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    What level would you suggest for a solo Sorcerer?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the others that you haven't unlocked enough skills, or leveled them up enough, to fight that beast. I don't see any way a level 10 can win against that thing, even if you've been playing ESO for a while. I'm afraid you'll need to level up some more.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    The question in my mind is why put the quest for Mulaamnir in the position it's in? The position being in the story line, if followed by a newbie. Up to that point, I had no problem with the quests. Perhaps the game expects you to be in a guild by level 10? I don't know if the quest itself is solo or can be done by a group.