Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Huge Health Desyncs Post Scalebreaker

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing this? I know that desyncs are not uncommon but since the patch Ive been getting regular (multiple times per sessions) full health desyncs in a regular on-going 1v1 fight which is something that has never happened. Typically it only results from a gank or from a well timed burst below half health. Ive never had it happen where the average damage rotation just failed to register for what was probably about 30 seconds or so.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Before, it only happens very rarely to me. Now it has happened three times over the course of 2 nights of playing. Always in Cyro, never in BGs.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on August 19, 2019 3:04AM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bow ult is 100% one of the skills that causes health desync in Scalebreaker now.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • stritzi
    stritzi
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me in BGs few times since they rolled out gamebreaker.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this qualify as a bug or just the usual lag? Is there some way to differentiate?
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's clearly bug, bow ult is 100% hp desync, but not only, still trying to figure out what other things cause it
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched it happen to guild in pvp yesterday perhaps. Watched all of their health crashing out in a fight and they thought they were fine. I was the only person that could see the drops. Do live in another part of the world but so was a guildy who was affected.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just standing taking resource and then I see wounded guy approaching me and bum! I'm suddenly dead from full HP with recap full of light attacks. For him I probably looked like AFK.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe I got my account suspended for some bulls--t XP gains I never even noticed, but there are clowns running around exploiting Ballista every day for months who never get banned!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people are abusing bow ult to kill people instantly. But I am getting it from other things too.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    It's clearly bug, bow ult is 100% hp desync, but not only, still trying to figure out what other things cause it

Now that you mention it this was definitely involved in a few of them though it occurred without bow ult as well. Hopefully this comes to ZOS’ attention.
    Can't believe I got my account suspended for some bulls--t XP gains I never even noticed, but there are clowns running around exploiting Ballista every day for months who never get banned!

This is the first time I’ve noticed it from bow ult so idk about months.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 19, 2019 9:15AM
  • Najarati
    Najarati
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's become real bad as of late. Feels like the majority of the time I've no idea how much health I actually have. It's gotten me killed on a few occasions where I think it's desync'd and it isn't or vice versa.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only noticed it from bow personally.

It's hard to tell when health is desynced and when the server lag just makes it seem like all the damage happens in one tick.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This never happened to me before scalebreaker:

https://youtu.be/Bfu7mVhwvX0

The lag and desync was ridiculous. This wasn't even prime time.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

Yeah that’s pretty bad. I’m getting that full health desync except I still see the person moving and going about their rotation, my health just isn’t moving.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop throwing money to them. Make them fix the game.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of health desyncs happened to me/my friends after getting hit by fire ballistas.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I had been attributing it to lag...however I have seen Ballista on my death recap quite a few times.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unless and until health desyncs start happening regularly to new players in new zones, ZOS won’t even acknowledge that this is happening. To them, this is an edge case that occasionally effects a small slice of the game’s population, and so they can’t justify devoting any of their dwindling resources to it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Often I'm left wondering wtf is going on this patch, skill bars locking up, full HP bar to 0, pots not working. I'm aware of the current exploits but even outside of that, against low skill players, I'm left sliding around the floor with fully drained mag/health/stam bars.

It won't be addressed for a while so I'd say play another one of your fave games for a bit until then.
    PC EU
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We still have a week to go on Xbox and I've been seeing huge health desyncs the last 3 days. It's a platform-wide issue at this point.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In some BGs I experience a lot of health desync. I believe that uppercut and its morphs does that.
    Because I can!
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow ult will desync your health most of the time...
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta love how you get teabagged after that cheese. Nightblades are the worst sports in the game by far.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is why you should never remove your finger from the block and honor the death button. That is basic templar game knowledge smh smh smh im literally shaking my head now.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the cause is from game changes to help with lag.

Reduce the frequency of sending and receiving of information from the server to help lag issues, with the side effect of desyncs. With the bursty nature of pvp the faster damage registers the better.

The culprits seem to be any channeled or cast time abilities; like snipe, jabs, turret, dizzy swing, etc...
    Edited by Iskiab on August 20, 2019 3:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a regular weekend on PC EU...

Edit: Agreed on the health desync though, happens a lot since last patch.
    Edited by The Uninvited on August 20, 2019 4:53PM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta love how you get teabagged after that cheese. Nightblades are the worst sports in the game by far.

all classes teabag though depends on the player but yeah lol i didnt deserve that one xD
    Edited by HowlKimchi on August 20, 2019 8:03PM

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you actually have someone look at the ballista ult. This is now causing my health to desync every time someone uses it. It’s not the only thing but definitely seems the most consistent perpetrator.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can reproduce by putting dot on player and then casting bow ultimate. It doesn't have to be bow got but it is triggered by dot then high damage. It's like the dot isn't ticking while you are being channeled and then the entire dot is dumped on you. So you don't have 10k over 6 seconds or whatever its 0 for 5 seconds then 10k on the 5th while the channel is hitting you too.

Annoying for sure and that was undeserved baggage
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Can reproduce by putting dot on player and then casting bow ultimate. It doesn't have to be bow got but it is triggered by dot then high damage. It's like the dot isn't ticking while you are being channeled and then the entire dot is dumped on you. So you don't have 10k over 6 seconds or whatever its 0 for 5 seconds then 10k on the 5th while the channel is hitting you too.

Annoying for sure and that was undeserved baggage

Do you know is it any dot or just soul trap or entropy?