The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how is healing ward buffed?

festher
festher
✭✭
in BGs my healing ward is 2200. completly useless. i have 38700 magicka but not worth slotting. tho ive seen some huge wards being casted so i guess its possible?
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the shield or the healing amount? That sounds like the base value of the shield after the PvP reduction. It will increase in size up to double it's value if the target's health is lower.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol. Its garbage now actually..
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healing ward scales with spell power and magicka unlike other shields. A more realistic tooltip is 3k with lots of spell power if you’re building around it.

It’s not great but best used with the BRP resto staff. After you use healing ward you get major vitality which increases healing received by 30%. Without the BRP staff it’s meh.

Using it can work in certain builds. What I do is hot stack and use healing ward under pressure. This works because I have good crit and spell power.

If you’re playing with a high magicka low sp/crit build I’d stick with harness magicka.

If you’re really tanky with low offensive stats all your heals will suck. Part of what I’m seeing in BGs is defense’s value has dropped like a rock. You mitigate more damage but your healing output takes too much of a hit so your survivability doesn’t increase. We are in a glass canon meta, no-CP pvp is like playing Halo.

Edited by Iskiab on August 17, 2019 2:10PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    "We are in a glass canon meta, no-CP pvp is like playing Halo"

i second that. feels like counter-strike at times
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    healing ward is horrible now!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t say horrible. Magtemplar in my pvp guild is almost unbeatable 1v1 with the BRP. It’s issue is it has to be build around and can’t be thrown into any build with good results, so it’s not bad.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    for mdk nb or sorcerer it took a huge hit, completely different standards for magplar