The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Opinions on two houses, please?

Eirinin
Eirinin
✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking of getting a house in the Dunmer style, and I am torn between Ald Velothi Harbor and Velothi. Thoughts on why you purchased one vs the other? I love the harbor house's views but it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so I'm hesitant about that. The Velothi house ain't exactly central, though, either. I just go back and forth on these two. Any input on what you like/dislike about the homes is welcome!

Xoxo
Eirinin
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean Velothi Reverie I prefer it for my main house due to its layout and its location. There is a merchant just outside the door and the Narsis wayshrine is close. It also has a quick loop for picking up crafting materials, chests and Thieves Trove before I enter or after I leave the house. I also like to hit it up for thefts.

I just purchased Ald Velothi a few hours ago. To me it has a Hobbit'ish feel and was thinking of trying to do a bit of a Middle Earth thing with it.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean Velothi Reverie I prefer it for my main house due to its layout and its location. There is a merchant just outside the door and the Narsis wayshrine is close. It also has a quick loop for picking up crafting materials, chests and Thieves Trove before I enter or after I leave the house. I also like to hit it up for thefts.

I just purchased Ald Velothi a few hours ago. To me it has a Hobbit'ish feel and was thinking of trying to do a bit of a Middle Earth thing with it.

Yes, I did mean Velothi Reverie. Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased them both so it wasn't one vs the other. But it depends on what you want them for and which one captures your imagination more, which one is the better fit for your own 'Dunmer house' fantasy.
    • Ald Velothi's biggest issue for me was the assymetric awkward shape of the interior (I ended up adding fake walls to a few rooms so they're more even and I can actually place furniture/wall decor in a satisfying way).
    • But if the uneven nooks and crannies don't bother you then its size makes it far better than the Reverie. You can also easily add a whole extra floor since the staircase has double height and comes with a spacious landing inbetween.
    • The garden is also exponentially larger and has greater potential to be developed into whatever you wish. The balcony access (something that the Reverie doesn't have) also makes it easy to build platforms and other extensions on and around the house itself. And as you said, the views are spectacular. :smile: (The images may be a bit too 'Argonified' but I hope it helps).
    ou5zbzn1e146.png
    jfwfdxsqy9rm.png
    • Velothi Reverie has very little going for it in my opinion, apart from the brilliant interior design. It's rare to find houses that have separate rooms with decent sizes, but Velothi has several (and they're all rectangular so it's easier to make them work than the bumpy Harbor House).
    • The cellar is great too and you can divide it up very easily if you want (curtain off the alcove as a bathroom, separate it into a dining area and a kitchen, or create sectioned off shrines for a Dunmer crypt; it has more possibilities than the smaller circular basement of Ald Velothi).
    • The Reverie is one of the most 'livable' homes in the game imo, due to its exemplary interior division. Its style is also less intrusive than the bughouse so it's more compatible with various aesthetics.
    Location isn't really a factor for either of them in my opinion because they're both rubbish :tongue: Don't think I ever used them to teleport - the free Inn room in Vivec and the Flaming Nix Inn room in Mournhold are both vastly superior in terms of crafting, guild traders, stables, everything.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I purchased them both so it wasn't one vs the other. But it depends on what you want them for and which one captures your imagination more, which one is the better fit for your own 'Dunmer house' fantasy.
    • Ald Velothi's biggest issue for me was the assymetric awkward shape of the interior (I ended up adding fake walls to a few rooms so they're more even and I can actually place furniture/wall decor in a satisfying way).
    • But if the uneven nooks and crannies don't bother you then its size makes it far better than the Reverie. You can also easily add a whole extra floor since the staircase has double height and comes with a spacious landing inbetween.
    • The garden is also exponentially larger and has greater potential to be developed into whatever you wish. The balcony access (something that the Reverie doesn't have) also makes it easy to build platforms and other extensions on and around the house itself. And as you said, the views are spectacular. :smile: (The images may be a bit too 'Argonified' but I hope it helps).
    ou5zbzn1e146.png
    jfwfdxsqy9rm.png
    • Velothi Reverie has very little going for it in my opinion, apart from the brilliant interior design. It's rare to find houses that have separate rooms with decent sizes, but Velothi has several (and they're all rectangular so it's easier to make them work than the bumpy Harbor House).
    • The cellar is great too and you can divide it up very easily if you want (curtain off the alcove as a bathroom, separate it into a dining area and a kitchen, or create sectioned off shrines for a Dunmer crypt; it has more possibilities than the smaller circular basement of Ald Velothi).
    • The Reverie is one of the most 'livable' homes in the game imo, due to its exemplary interior division. Its style is also less intrusive than the bughouse so it's more compatible with various aesthetics.
    Location isn't really a factor for either of them in my opinion because they're both rubbish :tongue: Don't think I ever used them to teleport - the free Inn room in Vivec and the Flaming Nix Inn room in Mournhold are both vastly superior in terms of crafting, guild traders, stables, everything.

I love your pics. That additional floor is spectacular! What did you use for the flooring? It looks great.

I've debated just buying the Inn rooms/apartment as they are right in the middle of the action. I just love decorating so much, as a way to reflect that character's personality and quirks. I feel like I'd finish an inn room in an hour or two and then be sorta missing the 'add decorations as the story progresses' aspect of things.

I've been pretty spoilt with having the Alinor townhouse and the Gardner House, everything is inside the towns.
    Edited by Eirinin on August 19, 2019 2:09AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »
    ou5zbzn1e146.png
    jfwfdxsqy9rm.png
    I love your pics. That additional floor is spectacular! What did you use for the flooring? It looks great.

I've debated just buying the Inn rooms/apartment as they are right in the middle of the action. I just love decorating so much, as a way to reflect that character's personality and quirks. I feel like I'd finish an inn room in an hour or two and then be sorta missing the 'add decorations as the story progresses' aspect of things.

I've been pretty spoilt with having the Alinor townhouse and the Gardner House, everything is inside the towns.
    It's 'Murkmire Walkway, Reed'. The walls are also 'Murkmire Wall, Straight' since it works for a rustic Argonian vibe, but you could use the new Elsweyr structural items instead for a more Dunmer-friendly build. 'Elsweyr Wall, Rough Wooden' or 'Elsweyr Platform, Wooden Large' are very versatile and stand out less than a bunch of reeds :smiley:.

Ah, yes, the Townhouse is indeed amazing! Great interior, great view, and excellent location. I bet you had fun furnishing that one! :smile: And yeah you won't be needing the Inns for a quick pledge/writ port then since you have Gardner too. Well, good luck with your new Dunmer house too, whichever you pick!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The location of velothi reverie is useful for the pickpocketing thieves guild missions and for guild traders and has a way shrine nearby. I'd say its one of my more useful houses.
    I like the style of the harbor house a lot though and the view is really beautiful. I don't own it but I can see that the garden has a lot of potential. The garden in velothi is lovely too though.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd post my favorite part of Velothi Reverie which is the basement and kitchen. These are where I have my crafting stations. The nice thing is I still have room for a transmute and outfit station should I decide to buy them one day.

p7t6xt4uru3p.png
    ekj3w7srtul9.png
    3m6jkwub3djj.png
    a2jpf1dcsg0p.png
    k5100r0sjbfg.png
    kl84d4ubp72c.png
    ccrqmt9eo54t.png

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alinhbo_Tyaka that is super cozy and inviting looking!
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both, but my Ald Velothi Harbor House is not finished yet.

My Velothi Reverie in Clockwork style is fully presentable. It is listed as an Open House in the Essential Housing Tools add-on on the PC EU server. If you cannot access that server, here is a thread with photos:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/451931/velothi-reverie-in-clockwork-style-picture-heavy-updated#latest
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Watchdog this is so creative, your work is beautiful. Danna's home is a glorious golden jewelbox of moving parts and goodies.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Watchdog That looks great. Where did you get the couch on the main floor by the stair cases?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    @Watchdog this is so creative, your work is beautiful. Danna's home is a glorious golden jewelbox of moving parts and goodies.

Thank you. :)

It is not complete, yet, though, there still are quite a few unused slots. Although, sometimes, less is more, if you know what I mean.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Watchdog That looks great. Where did you get the couch on the main floor by the stair cases?

The couch was a part of a Lord Vivec themed furniture pack.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »

The couch was a part of a Lord Vivec themed furniture pack.

Thanks. Maybe it will come back one day.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi is really nice.

Nice layout, with a large, open plan living area and two separate rooms on the ground floor, a basement that is the perfect size for crafting stations and storage chests, and a nice, large, well-shaped upper room.

Also has a great view from the balcony.

It looks dark when you first visit it, but if you light it well and fill it with light, bright, furninshings you can completely transform it, if you want.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 20, 2019 8:26PM