The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Striking the Heart bugged

Esha76
Esha76
✭✭✭✭✭
Dominion Queen/story quest: Striking the heart

You're in the Shadowwood, and in a mini dungeon. The dude sends you out to get three keystones stones so he can open a door. Upon approaching these stones, no "E" option comes up, and 1/2 way through the chamber my direction arrow disappears. Also, I noticed though I have "Striking at the Heart" as my active quest... upon standing next to the keystone the direction finder tells me to go talk to Valaste, the mages guild quest.

It looks to me that other people are able to do this, however one guy did tell me it is not working.

I have re-logged, and abandoned and re-started. Same results each time, and in all three chambers... My character is dead in the water until this can be resolved.
"There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
"I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
"Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
"Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
"Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
"There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
"I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
"I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
"Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
"When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
"Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Party_Chick
    I also believed that the quest is bugged, till I noticed you have to pick them up from the top, because they have a really small interactable area. Try it this way hope it helped
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what happened to me. The touchable area on the stone is very small and high up.
  • Halbam
    Halbam
    Thank you!
  • Jjacques
    Jjacques
    The same here.
  • astroff999_ESO
    astroff999_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It is bugged for me because it says "wait for indaenir to heal the heart" after I beat the guy. Instead indaenir runs to the hallway and just stands there. If you talk to him he says "a moment this will take all of my concentration." I have abandoned the quest, zoned out waited for a reset and always the same result.
  • wfonvergne_ESO
    Thank you, the tip of the crystal was the key! It had no quest marker, but it still worked.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is bugged for me because it says "wait for indaenir to heal the heart" after I beat the guy. Instead indaenir runs to the hallway and just stands there. If you talk to him he says "a moment this will take all of my concentration." I have abandoned the quest, zoned out waited for a reset and always the same result.

got the same problem. NPC just standing there, nothing happens. This is now my THIRD quest bugged in Greenshade. One in Grahtwood. And they are bugged for a month now, it seems.
    Too bad that 3 of them are vital main timeline quests.
  • Tigermonkey
    Tigermonkey
    Soul Shriven
    Yep "wait for indaenir to heal the heart". That is the end for me too. Get up Indaenir!!
  • Tigermonkey
    Tigermonkey
    Soul Shriven
    Worked today! That was a quick fix?
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not working today (26 August). Indaenir went brain dead and won't move.

As the poster above said, this is happening frequently. Last night it was Merric going stupid, couple nights ago another NPC whose name escapes me for the Mantle quest in G'wood went brain dead.

Something is wonky, all the other quests work fine but not these "big" ones. Patient though I am, I'm starting to get cranky.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • MyklS
    MyklS
    Soul Shriven
    Still bugged this morning (September 2, 2014). Indaenir frozen. I abandoned the quest, logged out, quit, and nothing. I can see why folks are bailing on ESO.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DieAlteHexe and @MyklS,

We are aware of this issue and we are currently working on a fix.

Thank you.
    Edited by ZOS_PierreL on September 2, 2014 9:02PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • nomikkh
    nomikkh
    I ran into this bug this morning - September 14. Indaenir is frozen, I can't even talk to him. Any word on a fix?
  • M21112
    M21112
    admin
    its 2019 and till now the quest is bugged i should aim at the wall to take the crystal
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This is an old thread from several years ago where the information is outdated. For this reason the discussion will be closed. If you are encountering a bug during a quest, you can report it in game and post a thread in the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.