The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the Clockwork City a secret or not? And Skyshards...

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
First thing that happens is I meet everyone and their dog there -- Neramo, Kireth Vanos… <.< It took an entire Morrowind campaign for a daedric prince to find out where it is but vagrant explorers just fall into it.
And how does a Skyshard fall into the Clockwork City at all?
Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 18, 2019 1:56AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    does it really matter?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    does it really matter?

From a lore perspective, yes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no such things as secrets when they involve more than one person. In reality, they are "little known facts" and are often "simply not talked about".
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    First thing that happens is I meet everyone and their dog there -- Neramo, Kireth Vanos… <.< It took an entire Morrowind campaign for a daedric prince to find out where it is but vagrant explorers just fall into it.

I've been tooking for my dog everywhere!!!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plot of Morrowind effectively reveals the location of Clockwork City to more than just Clavicus Vile, as seen by the number of people who showed up there, including that one Hlaalu guy in front of the bank who really wants to go home.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The plot of Morrowind effectively reveals the location of Clockwork City to more than just Clavicus Vile.

I don't remember that many people in the room at the time. And how Neramo says he found it sounds pretty lame to be honest. Sounds like an implausible retcon just to populate the city with a few supposedly-but-not-really-because-of-One-Tamriel familiar faces. And unecessary because people there were invited by Seht, so eventually a community could have formed on its own.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 18, 2019 5:10PM
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took an entire Morrowind campaign for a daedric prince to find out where it is but vagrant explorers just fall into it.
    It could be as simple as who Sotha Sil wants to have visit or not...
    because when you arrive its the start to a crisis that He already knew was coming
    good question! my guess is they DIDN'T & somehow the "skyshards" are partly how Clockwork City exists and can influence the physical world
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }