Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction/Alliance lock is a problem, from a solo player perspective...

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardicer wrote: »
    I see your problem here zDan but I cannot deny that it has helped reduce the dominance of one faction over the others in our server.
    As a solution (and this will sound good in their money hungry eye's) they could add a crown store item that will faction change all your characters to the same color.
    That way they will all be playable once more.

The bolded part: it's far from truth, at least on PC EU. In fact faction lock led to the total opposite: there is always one faction miles ahead the other two on both locked campaigns. During the last campaigns it was EP on CP and AD on nonCP. Scoring is not relevant anymore. If you're not on the winning side, you're doomed from the start.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Also why on earth haven't people spread the hell out!!! That's part of what ZOS want and will do us all good. Yet all the folks moaning about faction lock still sit in 30day CP lol, make 7 day a thing, stick with it, encourage guilds to spread out. ..... Heck even the lag is less in the others.

Players are the issue.

Ps personally id prefer a locked 7 day, and 30 day noCP, if folks want to sit and boost in a zergy lag fest caring not about the actual campaign let em have at it.

I would like to see ZOS locking 7days campaign. I wonder what would be more important to people defending the locks: loyalty (which would move them to 7days campaign) or bigger population with better rewards (staying in unlocked 30days campaigns). I really would like to see these people being either true to their philosophy or a hypocrites. It's always so easy for them to tell people: just go to 7days campaign. If so, then just go to this dead campaign and role play a 'faction loyalist'.

The fact is it is practically impossible to make a coordinated split of population. We all know that. People will always stick to more populated campaigns.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    zDan wrote: »

Marcus684 wrote: »
    So much hyperbole, so little reason. You can still flip factions, just now you have to wait 30 days instead of doing it several times a day. Your characters in the other alliances aren’t “unusable”, you just have to wait til next campaign. It’s a frickin’ game. Adapt and overcome. Less QQ and more pew pew.

I like to switch and play between several different characters daily to make the game less boring. Waiting a whole month to play a couple from one alliance then doing the same for another month is just not on

Neither was the AP boosting / farming / flipping we suffered.

Lock is like marmite, for everyone that has a worse experience others have a better one. Hence the very vocal cry to get it turned on. On or off will never see everyone happy.

Don't hate the lock though. Hate the players that made it a neccisity with how they were playing (cheating)

Also why on earth haven't people spread the hell out!!! That's part of what ZOS want and will do us all good. Yet all the folks moaning about faction lock still sit in 30day CP lol, make 7 day a thing, stick with it, encourage guilds to spread out. ..... Heck even the lag is less in the others.

Players are the issue.

Ps personally id prefer a locked 7 day, and 30 day noCP, if folks want to sit and boost in a zergy lag fest caring not about the actual campaign let em have at it.

1. The boosting and keep flipping mostly went on in the 7 day yet they added it to the 30 day ?

2. Everyone complained about lag not just people against faction lock , they all sit in the main campaign and always have, that isn’t new.

3. It was very few people that actually got the change, no one actually thought they’d actually do it. That change definitely came from the few and the proud forum members.

4. Pretty sure faction lock has contributed to less numbers in Cyrodil, the 7 day barely has anyone in it. Where as before the update both campaigns got action , it was the go to campaign for when the main one was too active. Now it’s a ghost town for most of the day.

5. In almost every poll and thread made the majority of people don’t care about who wins the campaign but somehow care about faction loyalty, keep flipping and ap boosting. The map literally looks the same, only difference is theres a zerg faction of the month and no one can swap alliances to change the map.

6. This change has impacted small scale in a negative way, the only people it didn’t really impact are the ones that already played one faction. Certain people in this thread actually fall into that category so yeah.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 day faction lock is ok, the problem is, there is no way for lower score alliance to take over the lead / the score difference is too wide even when the campaign has only last for 14 days.

also 7 day campaign have really low pop the entire time and being used for one guy / group to rule the entire campaign which is not fun.

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    The bolded part: it's far from truth, at least on PC EU. In fact faction lock led to the total opposite: there is always one faction miles ahead the other two on both locked campaigns. During the last campaigns it was EP on CP and AD on nonCP. Scoring is not relevant anymore. If you're not on the winning side, you're doomed from the start.

Incorrect. Scoring has never been closer on PC EU. Not at least since the very start of the game.
    The YEARS!!! of AD winning every single campaign through the use of capping empty campaigns at 5am are over and THANK GOD they are!
    And the most recent campaign was won by DC not EP. And it was a good fight to the finish line.

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The noCP campaign on PC EU was more balanced before the faction locks. Because guess where those AD morning cappers went? They did not disappear. And even if the score might be a bit closer this month than last campaign, that's just because DC is colouring the map blue at nights before it turns yellow in the morning. But having a one-coloured map doesn't become better just because it is different colours at different times.
    And since i'm usually playing at nights, being locked to DC pretty much ruins PvP for me atm.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel as if this alliance lock that got introduced is destroying PvP for me and many others like me, who share several characters across the 3 alliances.

I feel the same, and so do many people I play with

OP has 5 'Insightful' and 14 'Agree' (at the time I am reading this) - well deserved!
    Edited by MipMip on August 16, 2019 12:23PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but you see we have to stop the spying and scroll trolling and all the other bad things that come with free-for-all faction hopping.

/sarcasm
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are solo you dont care about objective pvp just kills, so just hop on the 7 day campaign. hop onwith your mates have some fun where's the prob? if there were so many people who were anti faction lock why are they not all having fun on the 7 day?
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly
    They enjoy farming potatoes and the potatoes wont follow them to 7 day
    It's as simple as that, or they would have already left.
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    If you are solo you dont care about objective pvp just kills, so just hop on the 7 day campaign. hop onwith your mates have some fun where's the prob? if there were so many people who were anti faction lock why are they not all having fun on the 7 day?

Because ZOS decided to take the two campaigns people obviously join and flock. The same could've been said if they had locked the 7 days Campaign instead, no one would've joined it but people would still use it as an argument like you are now.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock should have been a niche reintroduction on a new campaign for the minority that want it (new 14-day, same rewards as 30-day) and not the existing free-for-all campaigns made necessary with One Tamriel years ago. They instead forced in on both of the already populated 30 day campaigns, all the while neglecting to make a new shorter locked campaign for the loyalists to call home. It’s ridiculous.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you even read my post? I cannot play 7 day because my server is dead and the map is completely taken
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you even read my post? I cannot play 7 day because my server is dead and the map is completely taken

Maybe if everyone that hates faction locks would stop saying “The 7 day campaign is dead” and just go there, it wouldn’t be. I’ve dipped my toe into the 7-day CP campaign a couple of times this month and while it was almost all 1 color, there was some fights going on. If all you guys really want is “good fights”, they’re there.

But we know what they REALLY want. Hordes of noobs to farm that can only be found on the “main” campaign.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the 7-day Campaign (PC-NA) a try! The map may be 'one color' but never for very long.

The 7-day campaign is active throughout all times of the day with small-scale fights at numerous objectives. (I would know, I got Emperor on it this week one day after Scalebreaker launched).
    The 7-day campaign is just not the 50 vs 50 heal-botting ulti-stacking lagfest that is all too common in the 30-day campaign.

7 day campaign: No faction/alliance lock. Multiple factions/characters allowed (which equals to greater gain of Transmute crystals per character, per week).
    10 Transmute crystals every 7 days versus 50 Transmute crystals every 30 days, per character. Frequency > Total.

Transmute crystals are easily gained from random Dungeons and Battlegrounds, too. It's not like they are hard to come by.
    I've been 200/200 on Transmute crystals for several weeks; and, any time that I spend them, I am quickly back to 200/200.
    My 10/10 characters have dozens of green, purple, and gold Transmute geodes clogging their inventories. My account's bank is full maxed out (currently 471/480) and full of monster helms & shoulders that I may or may never use. Not many need Transmuting, but I can say that I am always looking for an excuse to throw away Transmute crystals on random gear or off-sets just to free up inventory space of Transmute geodes. This is literally the endgame inventory management system.

I've been playing since beta/launch, and I've never understood the hype for 30-day and even 90-day campaigns (way back when there were 90-day campaigns). Anything more than 14 days is just way too long of a leaderboard/scoreboard time investment/time-sink.

At least with the 7-day campaigns, any random solo player has a chance for getting Emperor, like myself.
    I've been Emperor in back-toback-toback-toback campaigns, 4 times in a row (28 days), across all 3 factions.
    So, 30-days for 1 campaign / 1 faction, or 28 days for 4 campaigns / 4 characters / 3 factions.
    I know math is hard, for some. But, numbers don't lie.
    The 7-day campaign is better, for me, in all aspects.

But, alas, if you prefer 50 vs 50 never-ending lagfest and server-crash inducing guilds vs guilds fights, then the 30-day campaign is for you. Have at it! :smile:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 17, 2019 5:14PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe if everyone that hates faction locks would stop saying “The 7 day campaign is dead” and just go there, it wouldn’t be. I’ve dipped my toe into the 7-day CP campaign a couple of times this month and while it was almost all 1 color, there was some fights going on. If all you guys really want is “good fights”, they’re there.

But we know what they REALLY want. Hordes of noobs to farm that can only be found on the “main” campaign.

I don't think you guys understand. My server (xbox EU) is probably the least populated out of all. The main 30 day is lucky to see a 3 bar. So, how can I possibly play on a 7 day campaign? Because believe me I have tried and couldn't find a single soul for a solid hour, same goes for IC.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give the 7-day Campaign (PC-NA) a try! The map may be 'one color' but never for very long.

The 7-day campaign is active throughout all times of the day with small-scale fights at numerous objectives. (I would know, I got Emperor on it this week one day after Scalebreaker launched).
    The 7-day campaign is just not the 50 vs 50 heal-botting ulti-stacking lagfest that is all too common in the 30-day campaign.

7 day campaign: No faction/alliance lock. Multiple factions/characters allowed (which equals to greater gain of Transmute crystals per character, per week).
    10 Transmute crystals every 7 days versus 50 Transmute crystals every 30 days, per character. Frequency > Total.

Transmute crystals are easily gained from random Dungeons and Battlegrounds, too. It's not like they are hard to come by.
    I've been 200/200 on Transmute crystals for several weeks; and, any time that I spend them, I am quickly back to 200/200.
    My 10/10 characters have dozens of green, purple, and gold Transmute geodes clogging their inventories. My account's bank is full maxed out (currently 471/480) and full of monster helms & shoulders that I may or may never use. Not many need Transmuting, but I can say that I am always looking for an excuse to throw away Transmute crystals on random gear or off-sets just to free up inventory space of Transmute geodes. This is literally the endgame inventory management system.

I've been playing since beta/launch, and I've never understood the hype for 30-day and even 90-day campaigns (way back when there were 90-day campaigns). Anything more than 14 days is just way too long of a leaderboard/scoreboard time investment/time-sink.

At least with the 7-day campaigns, any random solo player has a chance for getting Emperor, like myself.
    I've been Emperor in back-toback-toback-toback campaigns, 4 times in a row (28 days), across all 3 factions.
    So, 30-days for 1 campaign / 1 faction, or 28 days for 4 campaigns / 4 characters / 3 factions.

But, alas, if you prefer 50 vs 50 never-ending lagfest and server-crash inducing guilds vs guilds fights, then the 30-day campaign is for you. Have at it! :smile:

Hol up lemme go buy a 1k pc real quick and grind to max cp brb
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox EU?

Your biggest mistake was playing an MMORPG on Console in the first place. Lol. :lol:
    Console is, and always will be, second-class to PC; and, I say this as an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition owner, though I only use it for Netflix these days. Lol. :lol:
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

Xbox EU?

Your biggest mistake was playing an MMORPG on Console in the first place. Lol. :lol:
    Console is, and always will be, second-class to PC; and, I say this as an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition owner, though I only use it for Netflix these days. Lol. :lol:

I don't want to turn this into a PC vs Console debate, but many people simply don't want to buy an expensive PC when they already have a console, especially when it's only for a game like ESO
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox EU?

I don't want to turn this into a PC vs Console debate, but many people simply don't want to buy an expensive PC when they already have a console, especially when it's only for a game like ESO

*Cough cough* Good thing new consoles are coming out in Holiday 2020, amirite?
    Might be time to switch to a PC, then.

Look, I owned PS2, the original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One (Day One) and Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, all at their respective launch/release dates.

I also bought my first 'gaming' desktop and first 'gaming' laptop back in April 2014 and February 2015, respectively. So, right around when ESO launched.

Still going strong on both PCs.
    But, at least I don't need to buy a new 'next-gen' console upgrade every time one comes out every few years.

No longer interested in consoles unless they offer shared-progress across all platforms, like Halo Wars 2 and few other games do. That's just the new reality of gaming. No one wants to start over their account/progress on every single platform/device. So, unless you do, maybe you'll get lucky with Xbox EU server merge with PS EU, or console-to-PC account transfer. ZOS employed a 'one-time' PC-to-console account transfer back when consoles first launched. I see no reason why they couldn't do so again, or vice-verse. Seems like a great monetization strategy to me.

"Are you a lonely console player and want to play and participate in an active, lively MMORPG community on PC? Simply pay $20-$60 plus tax to transfer your console account to PC, today!"

You can even use your controller on PC.
    Plus, you get access to add-ons.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 17, 2019 8:04PM
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox EU?

Look, I owned PS2, the original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One (Day One) and Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, all at their respective launch/release dates.

I also bought my first 'gaming' desktop and first 'gaming' laptop back in April 2014 and February 2015, respectively. So, right around when ESO launched.

But, at least I don't need to buy a new 'next-gen' console upgrade every time one comes out every few years.

No longer interested in consoles unless they offer shared-progress across all platforms, like Halo Wars 2 and few other games do. That's just the new reality of gaming. No one wants to start over their account/progress on every single platform/device. So, unless you do, maybe you'll get lucky with Xbox EU server merge with PS EU, or console-to-PC account transfer. ZOS employed a 'one-time' PC-to-console account transfer back when consoles first launched. I see no reason why they couldn't do so again, or vice-verse. Seems like a great monetization strategy to me.

"Are you a lonely console player and want to play and participate in an active, lively MMORPG community on PC? Simply pay $20-$60 plus tax to transfer your console account to PC, today!"

Here's my Shor experience on any given day:
    -Queue in
    -Notice the map is all one color
    -Try to take something
    -At this point it becomes either: I) Curbstomp the few zerglings that try to run me down or II) Get zerged down 20 to 1.
    -Usually what ends up happening is A happens first then B happens immediately after. On rare occasions B doesn't happen, and PvP dies for the remainder of the night because people on the 7-day don't actually want to fight, they just want to PvDoor and high-five themselves after painting the map their color.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 17, 2019 11:24PM
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Xbox EU?

Here's my Shor experience on any given day:
    -Queue in
    -Notice the map is all one color
    -Try to take something
    -At this point it becomes either: A) Curbstomp the few zerglings that try to run me down or B) Get zerged down 20 to 1.
    -Usually what ends up happening is A happens first then B happens immediately after. On rare occasions B doesn't happen, and PvP dies for the remainder of the night because people on the 7-day don't actually want to fight, they just want to PvDoor and high-five themselves after painting the map their color.

Shor? Lol.

Clearly you don't currently play on the 7-day campaign if you can't even get its name right. And if you did, then it was months ago when it was actually called that.

I queue into Yolnahkriin any time of the day from before noon to well past midnigh,t and it is always rainbow colors with multiple objectives around the map flagged. Small-scale PvP action, everywhere. Usually a few PUG groups, but no organized guilds or zergs like the 30-day campaign.

There are no 20-man zergs on the 7-day campaign. Lol. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and the lack of specific details in your post clearly shows that. What faction? What time of day? What guild?

[Edit to remove reference of removed content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 17, 2019 11:26PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

They have gone there and its dead. I get what you're saying that if everyone went there at once then there would be pvp but that's not how things work. It would take a huge amount of organisation to get every player who wishes the 7 day was more populated to dedicate time to pvping there and making it a populated server. As of now people will just go to the one that it already populated so they aren't wasting their time.

Its the same logic behind the two-party system in politics. The way to break it is to vote for a less popular party but why do that when you can't be sure others will too?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

They have gone there and its dead. I get what you're saying that if everyone went there at once then there would be pvp but that's not how things work. It would take a huge amount of organisation to get every player who wishes the 7 day was more populated to dedicate time to pvping there and making it a populated server. As of now people will just go to the one that it already populated so they aren't wasting their time.

Its the same logic behind the two-party system in politics. The way to break it is to vote for a less popular party but why do that when you can't be sure others will too?

Wouldnt it be sweet if the 7 day campaign was directly avertised by ZoS in-game in the announcements UI? ZoS should make that campaign the most effective way to gain transmute crystals.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi