The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DD rotation and health for PUGS?

red_bird
red_bird
✭✭
Hi. I haven't run pugs before. I know they vary widely, but when you head into a pug for a dungeon you can't solo (or even can solo, but it would take forever), do you tend to go in with the same setup you would for groups you know? Or do you make room for a couple of the skills you might slot in vMA to be more survivable? Do you raise your health a little, slot a self heal like BoL, wear a different set, or make other adjustments in advance? Or do you go in focused on your best damage (the kind of setup you might see in an alcast dungeon/trial build, for one example) and then see if you need to adjust once you're in? Or no change regardless?

Thanks
pve on ps4
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I do is make sure I can sustain with little to no orbs by running witchmothers and can survive by running a shield or self heal. I always have iceheart on me if I really need it.
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    healers have been nerfed so much there isn't much reason to use them so if you are PUGing don't expect the healer to actually be a healer. The que is much faster for healer so most DPS just que as healer and the group self heals and go on. Unfortunately this is the state of the game. I miss the days where you had a tank, 2 dps, and healer. You didn't worry about self healing the healers job was to keep you alive.

Sometimes you won't get a tank or even a DDer with a taunt. This can be fine in some places but generally its a recipe for disaster in a PUG.

So yes just add a self heal but beyond that keep the same setup, max dps.
    < Xbox NA PVE >
  • red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    Thanks to you both.

Just small tweaks then for sustain and a self heal. (I keep iceheart on hand like @Runefang , so that's easy to fall back on if need be.)
    eso_lytw8 wrote: »
    Sometimes you won't get a tank or even a DDer with a taunt. This can be fine in some places but generally its a recipe for disaster in a PUG.
    Yikes, my OH is a tank, so I'm spoiled used to not having the boss's full attention.
    pve on ps4
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not run pugs but I would certainly suggest having something to help keep you alive as the tank and healer and even the other dps may not be so great.

If you plan on doing vet dungeons and especially DLCs I would avoid going with pugs. 3 of us queued and the pug we got, a stam melee build, said they did not have an interrupt. I am pretty sure they teach the interrupt in the tutorial but that is what you can expect with pugs.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I do not run pugs but I would certainly suggest having something to help keep you alive as the tank and healer and even the other dps may not be so great.

If you plan on doing vet dungeons and especially DLCs I would avoid going with pugs. 3 of us queued and the pug we got, a stam melee build, said they did not have an interrupt. I am pretty sure they teach the interrupt in the tutorial but that is what you can expect with pugs.

To be fair with the desyncs, bashing doesn't always work xd
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

To be fair with the desyncs, bashing doesn't always work xd

and that would be irrelevant since this occurred well before the desyncs. This guy was clueless.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    I do run pugs as healer exclusively in dungeons. So no clue about trials yet.
    You want around 17/18k life or 14k + resis/shields, basically enough life to not be a oneshot. Slot a heal on the backbar so if you eat a mechanic and youre still standing and heal isnt doing anything/out of range/only hots, backup and throw bol. Nether run around like a chicken, never stand in stupid. Always make sure that tank/heal is in range and never stand behind the heal, many heal-skills are forward based. So standing behind heals is a good way to die (sad that I have to mention this).
    On dlc dungeons slot a gap close/(ranged) interrupt. Some mechanics need to be interrupted by bash or other ways (cradle of shadows etc.) Learn interrupting, seriously! Beside that just use common sense. If you see that you get picked by an add make sure that you can block/roll dodge. Normally npc-2handers are the worst enemies.
    If you want to put 5-10 minutes in to learn most dungeons, check this guy out:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbRLey26i3alNB9_1N0V98A/videos?disable_polymer=1
    His (older) dungeons guides are short and pregnant. Alcast and Xynode also do those but its most of the time 40 min which is too much for me. But they are actual.