The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pet Body Blocking Needs to go

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
As of right now, sorcs are one of the tankiest classes. Not just because they can spam 15k damage shields, but because they have pets. In a tab-targetting mmo like WoW this wouldnt be a problem, just click on the player not the pet, but in ESO, a more action oriented MMO, it isnt this simple. Sorc pets have 30(ish idk remember exact)k health. Yes I know, god forbid you must aim in action mmo. Everyone knows that feeling of dread when your bg has more than 2 pet users. The annoying cluster of lightning and body blocking madness is not fun for anyone

First of all, the sorc pets are huge. Not just their models, their hitboxes (or whatever determines what youre aiming at. Targetbox?) are huge. This adds to the fact that sorc pets can and will always act as one of the best tanks for damage directed at the sorcerer. They're tanky, do big damage (as of pre-scalebreaker), and can be resummoned in a second, If you even manage to kill one of these things the sorc will just summon it again.

These are a nightmare for any ranged player when the pet decides to stand between them and the enemy, or any melee who is in the visual nightmare of lightning that is melee range of a sorc, or when they want to attack but the enemy stands literally inside the pet, so you cannot hit it.

WW are also a player in this unbalanced mess. Their 2 wolves that follow them around make them hard to land executes. Im sure we've all had times you couldnt land that execute and the WW just howls to full in 2 seconds lol

Quite often, you could totally outplay a pet user, and then you accidently hit their pet with a key part of your rotation and it just ruins everything. They also detect you which is just unfair for anyone trying to get the jump.

Id suggest making these passive, like the wardens netch, or making them have smaller hitboxes, and just be smaller in general. Theres no need for them to be huge, just lower their sizes please. I can't see any reason or need for pets to have such large hitboxes, im sure they arent helping the lag problem.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are changing the werewolf pets next patch to be untargetable like necro pets are on live... they should do that with sorc and warden pets too imo
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree, targetable pets impose a skill challenge on whoever the Sorc/WW is fighting by constantly checking their mouse accuracy every time they use an offensive move.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL where are these "15k shields"? It's been over a year since I've had a shield that big in PvP, and even then it wasn't easy to build for.

As for all this whine about pets, just get out of here with that nonsense. Y'all already nerfed them into the ground, there's nothing left to nerf.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering all of the OP (which I agree with 110%), I honestly just think pets should be completely reworked, including the way you deal with them as an opponent.

Separate the damage and utility/healing pets (scamp/clannfear for damage, matriarch for healing), only allow a player to summon 1 pet at a time (make them choose between damage or healing), and allow pets to be single barred. Rework the effects of the pets such that pets have a passive and an active effect. Have damage pets passively deal damage to whatever their owner is attacking, have healing pets passively heal their owner, have the damage/healing be about as strong as a weak DoT/HoT. When their owner recasts the pet once summoned, pretty much perform the current active effects.

With the new pet functionality, rework how you interact with an enemy's pets based around the new passive/active effects of the pet. Fully remove targeting with damage skills against the pet (this is possible, Warden has its own ally targeting for certain heals), instead have interaction be based around interrupts and stuns. Bashing a pet will prevent the next active effect cast from its owner over a short period (maybe 1-2 seconds), while stunning a pet will prevent both the active and passive effects from being used for the duration of the stun. Bashing can be used to quickly deny your enemy the chance to heal or deal damage through the pet, while stunning will take the pet completely out of the fight for a few seconds.

When you have the owner tab targeted, prioritise interrupts and stuns to the owner, unless you specifically target the pet. (This really should be how tab target behaves in general, but whatever.)
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here.

Sorc got deleted :

Pets got nerfed to useless.

Range gameplay got cancelled.

Shields got destroyed.

At least, the sorc will maybe escape if you don't have a gap closer, that's all a sorc can do.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    As of right now, sorcs are one of the tankiest classes.
    Ha ha ha ha aha ha ah aha ha haha ah
    Thank you for all this laugh. "Tankiest class" - did you mean my stamblade? It has over 45k damage mitigation with a burst that does 56k in toltips damage. Or maybe you meant my magplar? She isn't the tankiest of them all but definitely the tankiest magicka build I have with 31k damage mitigation and sadly only 27k burst damage.
    But let me check my magsorc. Hmmm - just 2k damage mitigation? Complete reliance on stacking wards? Only 26k damage mitigation in full "oh *** defence mode" while spamming wards like crazy?
    Yeah... Tankiest class.