The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why Was Onslaught Changed?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This was a really balanced ult as it was. Tbh now it’s kinda broken. But if you just nerfed it to reduce the pen it would be useless. Not a good change.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got no idea. Personally, I'd prefer ult refund on killing blow over the pen it now offers, even if the pen applied to DoT's. More skillful, more rewarding.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not sure why it was changed. Currently, for onslaught to be phenomenal you had to build for onslaught specifically which limited your build when not ganking from stealth. It is very fun "molly whopping" someone (as a guildy used to say), but god forbid they don't die and you can't get away.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think because hardly anybody was using it over Dawnbreaker. If I weren't a DK that found superlative sustain through an Onslaught chain, I probably wouldn't have been using it the past few years.

Berserker Rage retained the ultimate refund and does not have the penetration buff after the hit, yes?
    Edited by Urzigurumash on August 17, 2019 5:01AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon
    Two Handed

Berserker Strike: This ability and its morphs will now deal damage in a 5 meter radius if the initial hit successfully hits. Note the initial hit can still be dodged, since the initial attack is not an AoE.

Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration for your Direct Damage attacks, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 12 seconds. It also no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank.

I would assume since it is not mentioned that beserker rage is not changed and is;

Beserker rage: Strike an enemy with a vicious blow, dealing XXXX Physical Damage and all nearby enemies.
    This attack ignores the target's mitigation and grants you Physical and Spell Resistance equal to the amount ignored for 8 seconds.
    You are immune to all disable, snare and immobilization effects for the duration.

So looks like no more ultimate restored if you kill the enemy with it
    Edited by cmvet on August 17, 2019 5:09AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cmvet

So absolutely no change to the Berserker Rage morph other than the addition of the AOE damage right? Obviously I'm on console.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked them to change it and they were like “no problemo!”

Then I was like “cool.”
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    @cmvet

So absolutely no change to the Berserker Rage morph other than the addition of the AOE damage right? Obviously I'm on console.

Yeah, no change, but it never returned the ulti cost.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I asked them to change it and they were like “no problemo!”

Then I was like “cool.”

Well damn you....
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmvet wrote: »
    @cmvet

Yeah, no change, but it never returned the ulti cost.

D'oh. I forgot. I remember I was saying they should add this new pen buff to Berserker Rage and leave Onslaught as is. Hardly anybody ran Berserker Rage afaik and now probably nobody will.
    Edited by Urzigurumash on August 17, 2019 6:34AM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they changed it to be the new dawnbreaker because they were giving major evasion away with Rally and it just stuck.