The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group Comp & Scaling

ExoArchivist
I guess this might be a bit of a slightly esoteric question about game mechanics but let's say, taking CP out of the equation for now, we've got a group formed of a level 11, a level 28, and a level 49 (to pull some random numbers out of a hat). Let's say this group encounters, I don't know... an alit. In my small amount of experience, as I'm relatively new, it appears to me that basically that alit is scaled differently for each player, more or less. The level 49 can't one-shot it, but that level 11 doesn't get one-shotted by it either. Or perhaps all damage from that group is scaled.

Anyone know anything more in-depth about these mechanics?

Furthermore, let's say I join a random dungeon on a low level healer, will my heals be scaled up to an appropriate level when I heal a (typically much) higher level player? Or will I be healing them a tiny fraction at a time?

Thanks to anyone who's got any insight into any of this!
...the ending of the words is ALMSIVI
XB1 EU - ExoArchivist
  • Zaidantis - Dunmer - Stamblade DD
  • Haj-Glin - Argonian - Warden Healer
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is scaled up to level 50, and all NPCs are balanced around that level. Your stats are adjusted based on the difference in level, so if you are low level (say, 11) you will get a significant boost to your stats. As you get closer to level 50, the boost diminishes slowly. At level 50, you reach Champion points and you get no more adjustments.

Many different stats get increased by the battle scaling, including but not limited to: maximum magicka, stamina, HP, your weapon and spell damage, etc...

Most of the benefits will come from your gear, which, from your perspective, will lose power as the difference in level increases. If you are wearing gear of the same level as your character, they will be extremely powerful (sometimes even more than cp160 gear), but as you gain levels, you need to update your gear, otherwise they'll bring lower and lower benefits.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.