Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A few questions about stamina warden

Just_One_Bepis
Just_One_Bepis
Soul Shriven
Feel free to skip the intro :smiley:
So I'm fairly new to the game, played for about a month. Almost quit when I reached lvl 50 with my first character (StamSorc), at first I thought the class was just what I wanted but I got bored of it really quickly, I also disliked combat a lot (animations, and overall feel of it) the reliance on weapon abilities to do dmg, etc. I decided to make another character, a warden. Since I got bored of stamina class I decided to go with magicka this time. I had fun, but damage wasn't that great.
I wasn't following any particular builds, but it looked really similar to this one. I mainly wanted a character that would deal aoe dmg around himself, (Iceheart, Gripping Shards/Winters revenge, Permafrost really fit into that, I also used elemental blockade once I learned how enchants worked) all that while being tanky. It kinda worked, but damage wasn't that great without ult. Eventually I got bored and decided that I want to play stamina warden.

I have SEVERAL questions, about stamina warden. Since PvE seems really boring, with every class using pretty much same abilities to do damage, I mainly want to use this for solo PvP (Battlegrounds mainly, although I want to try Cyro properly at some point) and solo PvE content. And since a lot of builds are similar, I want something a bit different.

Most StamDens seem to use 2h, with Dizzy swing, Execute/Slice and Forward Momentum. It really is great for burst but I really hate dizzy swing, so I plan on using SnB + DW.

I wanted to use reverb bash + heroic slash, but that just got nerfed. Now I'm thinking about Deep Slash (30% snare + minor maim) + Reverb (for stun only since it doesn't give defile anymore maybe invasion could be used here instead?)
Speaking of Invasion, is a charge/gap closer needed in PvP, or I can manage without it? Is Shielded assault also viable?

This is something I've been planning to use https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=170449

Maybe even Snb + Bow could be viable? Bow kinda fits the Hunter theme I guess (not really aiming for that but I'm fine with it), would it be good in PvP though?

I want it to be tanky hence plate armor, my main burst is definitely gonna come from Shalks + Selene's proc.
I'm really not sure about gear choices, I definitely want Selene's since it fits Warden. I need some help over here, right now I'm using Fury + Seventh Legion.

Deadly cloak got a buff this patch and it seems really nice, + I want that Major Evasion. I also want to apply some debuffs so it's easier to kill enemies, Major Defile would be awesome if they didn't remove it from reverb. bash. I don't seem to have enough space to fit corrupting polen. But I guess Minor Maim and Major Fracture are enough.

Will my Deadly Cloak proc both weapon dmg and weakening enchant?

Is Crushing Weapon morph from Psijic a viable spammable? It has around 10k tooltip with CP enabled.

What are the stats I should be aiming for? Right now that build, fully buffed has 1100 stamina regen (with food and CP) + another 100 or so from Betty. Not sure if that is enough, I seem to have problems with stamina sustain all the time in BGs. (That could be a l2p issue, I find it hard to land heavy attacks) Idk how well this would do in nCP since I don't have any pen + bad regen.

Hopefully I'm not asking too much. :lol:
Edited by Just_One_Bepis on August 15, 2019 5:20PM
  • Just_One_Bepis
    Just_One_Bepis
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone? Not expecting one person to answer all questions lol
    I'd like some feedback on that build as well.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't stamden in no CP, so minor comments.

Fury/7th is a pretty standard pair.

Selene is heavily telegraphed and melee, and your stun is a gap closer. Unless you time that perfectly, it's unlikely to hit many players. I'd reconsider your monster set, use 1 light piece for full Undaunted buffs, and use shalk-dawnbreaker as your burst combo. You lack an execute, so it may be hard to secure kills.

I wouldn't run Invasion. You have access to Major Expedition in the class. But that's a playstyle decision.

If you disable CP and enable Battlespirit, you have 28k health. I'd consider retraiting your jewelry to 1 bloodthirsty 2 robust and see if you can run Lover mundus to improve your pen.

Put netch on your front bar for 2% more damage.

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above said selenes is not as good as it use to be, telegraphed and also requires melee damage. So you would need to backbar bow and front bar snb/ 2h/ dw. You could use Troll King which helps healing as has a green visual effect.

You may want to consider Bone Pirate for BGs etc as its is good for stats and recovery, and you can pair it with Fury.

In terms of spammable Cutting Dive isnt that bad and you get added passive bonuses.

For sustain if you use a 2H you would do heavy attacks as you get 10% additional damage on your next attack after a heavy, so Shalk, Stampede, Heavy Attack and shalk does extra damage. then cutting dive and executioner.

PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Just_One_Bepis
    Just_One_Bepis
    Soul Shriven
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I don't stamden in no CP, so minor comments.

Fury/7th is a pretty standard pair.

Selene is heavily telegraphed and melee, and your stun is a gap closer. Unless you time that perfectly, it's unlikely to hit many players. I'd reconsider your monster set, use 1 light piece for full Undaunted buffs, and use shalk-dawnbreaker as your burst combo. You lack an execute, so it may be hard to secure kills.

I wouldn't run Invasion. You have access to Major Expedition in the class. But that's a playstyle decision.

If you disable CP and enable Battlespirit, you have 28k health. I'd consider retraiting your jewelry to 1 bloodthirsty 2 robust and see if you can run Lover mundus to improve your pen.

Put netch on your front bar for 2% more damage.

I thought it would be nice to have both stun and a gap closer all in one since there isn't much space for other abilities. Wouldn't using Shalks into Invasion basically almost guarantee a hit? I also thought about using 1 light piece, but wouldn't 5 heavy and 2 medium be better? Just for that extra sustain, crit and sprint/roll dodge.

I've heard dawnbreaker isn't reliable now, with that added cast time. Haven't really tested it yet, still have to unlock it.

LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    As above said selenes is not as good as it use to be, telegraphed and also requires melee damage. So you would need to backbar bow and front bar snb/ 2h/ dw. You could use Troll King which helps healing as has a green visual effect.

You may want to consider Bone Pirate for BGs etc as its is good for stats and recovery, and you can pair it with Fury.

In terms of spammable Cutting Dive isnt that bad and you get added passive bonuses.

For sustain if you use a 2H you would do heavy attacks as you get 10% additional damage on your next attack after a heavy, so Shalk, Stampede, Heavy Attack and shalk does extra damage. then cutting dive and executioner.

Seems like both of you agree on Selene's...kinda thought that would be the case 15% chance isn't that much and 1.3 sec until it deals dmg can be a problem (that's the main thing I hate about dizzy swing, that cast time/delay until it hits). Damage is really nice on it though, seems like it does a bit more than shalks. Also the main reason I wanted it besides damage was that it fits the class, I don't want to run a set that doesn't fit my class/build at all. (For example, I wouldn't run Maw of Infernal on a build that has nothing to do with fire or summoning things, I also wouldn't run Valkyn Skoria on this build, just giving examples idk if they're viable or not lol)

The thing is, there's like 2 or 3 spots left on my bar for weapon skills so deciding which one to use is a problem. That's why I didn't even consider Cutting Dive, also I've heard it's easily dodgeable, although in group PvP it could work.
    The main reason I want to use Deep Slash as my spammable is AoE snare and Minor Maim, combine that with a stun and there's only 1 space left on my bar. Because of that it looks like SnB will me my front bar, I can't seem to make dw or 2h work, unless I don't use a stun. Alternatively I can use SnB with a stun on my back bar and on my front bar use DW, then again I can only fit 2 abilities and I really like Deadly Cloak, so it's either slashes or whirlwind.
    Not sure what class abilities I can drop, all are very useful and needed.
    I think I've figured out how to weave heavy attacks with Deep Slash so both hit at the same time so it's a bit easier now to hit them.

So here are 2 versions, both lack an execute, not sure how that will work. I'm just trying to create something that works while also enjoying playing it. Not aiming to be top, if I wanted to do that I'd probably just use Shalks/Dizzy/DB/Execute
    Still have to get Selene's shoulder piece, will test it and if I dislike it I'll switch to Troll King since it seems like a good option vs DoTs.

version 1: Deep Slash/Invasion or Bash/Shalks/Netch/Bird/Permafrost or Spell Wall or DB
    Deadly Cloak/Vigor/Spores/Ice Fortress/Shimmering Shield/Healing Thicket or Permafrost

version 2: Rending Slashes/Deadly Cloak/Shalks/Netch/Bird/ Permafrost or DB
    Invasion or Bash/Vigor/Spores/Ice Fortress/Shimmering Shield/Healing thicket or Spell Wall or Permafrost

Thank you so much for your input.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is very reliable. If you are in the habit of ani cancelling it you will need to adjust your timing is all.

You don't need to be right on top of someone to land Shalks. The range is huge. Try it on a target dummy. You do, however, have to be aimed right at them.

You gotta try what works for you and enjoy, but I think you need 2H. You have no snare removal, and that's gonna hurt.