The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remodeled stages are TERRIBLE.

Canned_Apples
Canned_Apples
✭✭✭✭✭
Not that you guys care.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I care but haven't seen yet since I play on console. What was specifically changed?
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They removed all the escape routes in both Ald Carac and Istirus Outpost- only leaving the center hub.
    ..so both maps heavily favor premades and bomb groups.
    Ald Carac is especially bad because it always results in a spawn camp of one group or another with no way to escape. even in pug v pug v pug

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They removed all the escape routes in both Ald Carac and Istirus Outpost- only leaving the center hub.
    ..so both maps heavily favor premades and bomb groups.
    Ald Carac is especially bad because it always results in a spawn camp of one group or another with no way to escape. even in pug v pug v pug

I heard they added the Power Sigil back to respawns also. Does this help with the spawn camping?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ald carac was my favorite map and ruined
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard they added the Power Sigil back to respawns also. Does this help with the spawn camping?

I haven't noticed a difference... The team that is getting spawn camped (by both teams,) stays that way.
    The campers can pull back a little bit and the sigil will disappear before the ones getting camped even hit the campers.

The map is usually completely empty except for the camping location.

They did a terrible job.

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are like 8 threads on this topic now, so I'll just start copy pasta'ing.

I made a similar post in another similar thread tonight and the other night.

But, yeah, the changes to these 2 maps are awful and were not well-thought through, IMO.
    The new Istirus Outpost is way too cramped and the small layout leads to terrible positioning and LOS issues. Istirus Outpost is now literally a giant moshpit with no escapes or alternate routes. Prepare to be spawn-killed.
    Ald Carac changes aren't as bad as Istirus Outpost, but I still prefer the old Ald Carac much much more, the original Ald Carac had more tactics and strategy involved with the ability to go in and out of the multiple outer-rings, in order to move around/between fights and intercept enemy players, etc.

Now we are all just pigeon-holed into a mosh pit at the 3rd team's base/spawn point in tiny, crumby maps with massive walls that block everything.

Ugh. I can't believe @ZOS_BrianWheeler went through with these changes. Please do not change all maps into this pigeon-holed mosh-pit style.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.